Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Retired BLM Rig products
MaxSteel19
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:59 pm
Model Year: 2019

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by MaxSteel19 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 am
I updated the pictures in the first post. I was able to get my hands on a complete fusebox so I could fine tune all the wire lengths to make it fit right where I want it. Also, the generic toggle switch is a little less generic, I'm now including an aircraft style toggle switch safety cover as well as a simple chrome face plate, so you can choose how discreet you want the switch to be.

:patriot:
Def let us/me know when you get it figured out for the 19 PW. I'd be in for one in a heartbeat.

Gremlin4x
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:42 pm
Model Year: 2018

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Gremlin4x » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Would love this for my '18 PW. Email Sent!

User avatar
Bigdodge
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Bigdodge » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Received my kit in 2 days Cali to Indiana. Very fast an the kit is very well done. Everything went easy and works just as described. Can't wait for the first chance to use it. Thanks so much for a great product.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:43 am

Gremlin4x wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:03 pm
Would love this for my '18 PW. Email Sent!
I think the postal sled dogs lost yours somewhere along the Iditarod Trail. :doh:

Bigdodge wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:28 pm
Received my kit in 2 days Cali to Indiana. Very fast an the kit is very well done. Everything went easy and works just as described. Can't wait for the first chance to use it. Thanks so much for a great product.
:patriot:

Time2kyl
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:06 pm
Model Year: 2019

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Time2kyl » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 am

MaxSteel19 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 pm
Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 am
I updated the pictures in the first post. I was able to get my hands on a complete fusebox so I could fine tune all the wire lengths to make it fit right where I want it. Also, the generic toggle switch is a little less generic, I'm now including an aircraft style toggle switch safety cover as well as a simple chrome face plate, so you can choose how discreet you want the switch to be.

:patriot:
Def let us/me know when you get it figured out for the 19 PW. I'd be in for one in a heartbeat.
Any luck with a '19 version?

User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:57 am

Time2kyl wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 am
MaxSteel19 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 pm
Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 am
I updated the pictures in the first post. I was able to get my hands on a complete fusebox so I could fine tune all the wire lengths to make it fit right where I want it. Also, the generic toggle switch is a little less generic, I'm now including an aircraft style toggle switch safety cover as well as a simple chrome face plate, so you can choose how discreet you want the switch to be.

:patriot:
Def let us/me know when you get it figured out for the 19 PW. I'd be in for one in a heartbeat.
Any luck with a '19 version?
Yes, the Nanny Kill Switch is now available for 2011 thru 2020. If you want one, email me at: abelcomponents@yahoo.com :patriot:
Last edited by Retired BLM Rig on Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm
Model Year: 2017
Location: athens tn

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Easttnrhino » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 am

Sounds like a good idea just curious i know I can turn my traction control off when I need to spin the rear tires, does traction control not completely turn off by dash switch? Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN

User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am

It's always lingering in the back ground and never fully shuts off. Not to mention that the TC switch won't allow you to lock up the brakes and skid to a stop on a gravel/dirt road. ABS can increase the stopping distance in that situation.

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm
Model Year: 2017
Location: athens tn

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Easttnrhino » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 am

Thanks and I saw the guy talking about his brakes better in 4 low why would that be?
Enjoying beautiful east TN

User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:45 am

It might just be "the observer effect", or it might be real. You can determine it for yourself by pulling fuse #F06 on your truck and taking a little test drive.

Some modern vehicles have a brake pedal position sensor to measure the force and distance of pedal travel which is calculated into the ABS function. I haven't taken the time to research if these trucks are equipped with that or not.

Suffice it to say that the Nanny Kill Switch reverts your truck to a 1970's era basic hydraulic braking system, free of any computer controls.

MaxSteel19
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:59 pm
Model Year: 2019

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by MaxSteel19 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 am

Joining the Nanny Kill club. Thanks @Retired BLM Rig for a great Labor Day weekend discount!



User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:04 am

Thank you Pigpen for posting this video! I'm sure it will answer a lot of questions that others might have about the install and end results. :patriot:
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk



RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 5111
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: Brownsville Pa.

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by RustyPW » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 am
I found out this week that the nanny's name is Karen. :rofl:
One of my customers referred to his truck being in "Karen Mode". :rofl:
That's a good one. :rofl:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '19 AOAA,

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

User avatar
Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 9:27 pm
Location: Colton, Oregon

Re: Abel Components Nanny Kill Switch® - $75

Post by Mule007 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:30 pm

:lol: Lol, that is funny
2005 Mineral Gray;QC, #0666: “Laramie”, Leather, power/heated seats, mirrors, dual control zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise, music & volume controls, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails low profile steps; 1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum SRT-10 A-pillar pod mount programmable performance chip, monitor, tuner; Linex Platinum OTR black armor bed & rock panel HD coating; matching Range Rider cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard light bar w/ 4-KC Rally 400 Series 4” Halogen off road lights; S&B CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder cat back dual exhaust; Remote start; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black accent fender flares; PW winch kit & remote control;
Tools: 60” Extreme High Lift; hand tools, tow straps, shackles, chains, cables, off road rigging, F & R tire chains, 1 H2O
& 2 rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans.
Updates: New Jasper Remanufactured 5.7 Hemi Engine (3 yr/100’000 mi warranty), Open Range All Terrain 35 x 12.5 x 17 MP3 10 ply E tires; McQuay-Norris Extreme ball joints; driveline u joints; fuel pump; 1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; new front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180 amp alternator, Interstate Mega-tron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump & serpentine belt; Bilstein 2 5100 shocks & steering damper.

Post Reply