Airlifter onboard air fill options - 5000 Ultimate airbags

Idaho RC
Model Year: 2017

Airlifter onboard air fill options - 5000 Ultimate airbags

Post by Idaho RC » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 pm

What’s the opinion of the group on the onboard air fill options for the airlifter 5000 Ultimate bags? I recently installed the Airlifter 5000 Ultimate airbags, Daystar cradles and the Thuren rear track bar on the advice of the group here. I am really happy with the set up. I have air at my home and a really nice Viair 45043 portable compressor that I take with me so I can fill the bags as needed but if the onboard setups for the bags work really well it would be nice to not have to take time to fill them.

My understanding is that the Ultimate bags work best with no air in them when they are not needed for extra capacity. I think most or all of the onboard setups keep the minimum pressure at 5 psi. I don’t think 0 psi isn’t an option without working around the standard setups of the auto fill system.

I understand that there are singe (one path) systems and dual path systems. I think the single path system would be fine for what I need.

What are everyone’s experiences with the auto fill systems? I will keep my 2017 for a long time. I don’t want to install something and have issues with it.