OBD Code Readers

Discussions including Electrical / Lighting & Accessories / Onboard Air
altaguy
Model Year: 2012

OBD Code Readers

Post by altaguy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:35 pm

I have noticed a lot of people say that you need a very expensive scanner or have to go to the dealer to read locker codes and such. I bought an Autel MD802 full system code reader for 220 CDN off Ebay (brand new, never used) and found that it reads those "C" codes. I am sure that any of their full system scanners will work. I wish I had it when I was bothering Retired BLM Rig about the 05 wagon I was fixing up to sell!!! (Thank you again David).

Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there and hopefully it helps some of you.

Shayne

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: OBD Code Readers

Post by TankerZak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:22 pm

I just use a Bluetooth OBDII with a few apps on my phone to read my codes and program the truck...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

altaguy
Model Year: 2012

Post by altaguy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:35 am

Does that read locker codes? They start with a C. Reading the codes to troubleshoot locker issues is handy. I plugged mine into my 2012 with myoung's bypass and it showed the codes created using the bypass.

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by TankerZak » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:39 am

No idea. I'll check when I install my locker bypass. But I'm sure it reads everything as it can modify everything...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.