AlfaOBD

Discussions including Electrical / Lighting & Accessories / Onboard Air
Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

AlfaOBD

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:06 am

If you guys haven't heard of AlfaOBD by now you should take a look. It is software that programs the BCM as well as a few other control modules such as ABS. The software allows you set tire size, change TPMS threshold, switch TPMS to TPIS, disable the foglight drop out (with brights), disable the bulb-out detection for LED and HID lights, add factory AUX switches, enable DRL with fogs/blinkers/low beams, etc. The software gives you full user control over the BCM in a way that has never been available until now. There are parallel discussion running on ever major Ram message board but the major body of knowledge is in the DIY section of RF.

The software is available on Google Play. You will need a Bluetooth or USB OBD reader, most people are using the OBDLink MX. Total cost is less than a ProCal.

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Re: AlfaOBD

Post by EasyDoesIt » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 pm

I did not know about this until I read your post a couple days ago. Too bad I bought the procal a couple months ago.

Does the AlfaOBD require a dealership visit to remove the TPMS warning light?

Regardless thanks for the PSA.

Steve
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: AlfaOBD

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:26 pm

EasyDoesIt wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 pm
I did not know about this until I read your post a couple days ago. Too bad I bought the procal a couple months ago.

Does the AlfaOBD require a dealership visit to remove the TPMS warning light?

Regardless thanks for the PSA.

Steve
You need the 4 digit pin for your BCM which you have to get from a dealership. The pin is unique to your BCM and once you have it it does not ever change (unless you replace your BCM computer). The AlfaOBD does the TPMS change start to finish. It is worth noting that the lower threshold limit placard value is 28 PSI. If you want a lower threshold you need to convert to TPIS.

I have a ProCal also. Alfa OBD allows you to remove the bulb-out command in the BCM which means you can run and flog light or headlight you want. I have removed the chassis resistors in my foglights that I was using to make the computer think I had the OEM incandescent bulbs. That is not something the ProCal can do.