Kenda Klever RT 35/12.50/R17E 121R

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Kenda Klever RT 35/12.50/R17E 121R

Post by ghaugo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 am

I have been running my STT Pros for 20,000 miles and they started to become a little noisy and they were really not doing well in even a little snow and ice. Before they had been ok. Overall I really liked the look of the tires, but they were down from 21 to 12/32nds in wear. I really don't like running off road with worn tires, so I had been scouring reviews for new ideas. I used the STT Pro in Moab, and in the Rockies where I live. I towed my camper extensively with these tires, and I used the truck as a daily driver. The Coopers were pretty quiet given their aggressive look, and I got them originally for $268/tire about 2 years ago. Now they wanted $315/tire and I figured I might look for something a little more manageable on the road. The Coopers were okay, but they wandered a little and felt spongy driving daily and on the highway.

Therefore, during my search, I was looking to go with an all terrain or rugged terrain as I don't do much mud driving around here. I figured the RT or hybrid tire would be a good match for my driving needs. I had looked into the new Toyo AT III for the all terrain, and I kept coming back to the Kenda Klever RT. I have never ran a Kenda tire, but they were pretty reasonable at my shop $203/tire and I heard many good things about them. So, I figured I would give them a go. I have not had much road time on them, but they were dramatically better on the light snow and ice we had on the ground. They have a "lighter" feel on the road, and they are pretty quiet. I like the look of the tire, and I am excited to do some off road testing with them. I am planning on doing some snow driving this next week to see how they work.

They balanced pretty well with only one tire needed a little more weight. They remind me of a dune buggy tire with the sidewalls. Also the sidewalls are 3 ply. They felt pretty beefy when they came in to the shop.

Anyway, I thought I would make this post to shed a little light on these tires. I will put in more pics when the weather is a little better.
IMG_3421.jpeg
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: Kenda Klever RT 35/12.50/R17E 121R

Post by ghaugo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Just an update on the tires. We have had light snow and ice here, and even though these are not 3 peak rated tires, they do outstanding on icy road and snow. The overall ride is very good, and the mileage is doing better as well. The truck feels "lighter" when it is on the road compared to the STT Pros I had before. I did get to do some wheelin' last week, and I drove through some deeper snow. The truck did outstanding, and the tires performed very well. I am hoping they hold up over time, and I can't wait to do some more challenging trails. So far, I am very happy with my decision to switch to these.
IMG_3423.jpeg
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Thanks for the update and info!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by EasyDoesIt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Tires look great. I'm on my second set of 37" STT Pros, I like them but doubt I'll buy a 3rd set.
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4