Overland shocks?

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Overland shocks?

Post by Easttnrhino » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm

I am close (saving money wise) to ordering Thuren front and rear springs for my 2017 wagon, already got track bars and front boogie bumps. Question is what about the overlander shocks, any body who has them please chime in. I am not a fast fire road/gravel road driver I do like crawling(that’s why the extra rear travel intrigues me) The truck gets drove to work if it raining and does do a little towing and hauling, but never fast paced. Any thought? Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Re: Overland shocks?

Post by BlkWgn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:37 pm

They are a great option for the money. I got close to 6 years out of my first set and just put a new set on in May. They are not an amazing shock but better than stock and for the price it is hard to go wrong.
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by Easttnrhino » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks for the thoughts I know if I was a jumper or fast driver or had a money tree the kings or fox’s might be the thing but for a conservative driver I was wondering about the overland shocks. Thanks again
Enjoying beautiful east TN

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by ghaugo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am

I have had them for a couple years and I drive in a similar fashion to what you describe. I do some off road trails and tow a camper in the mountains. I think they are a bit better than the factory shocks, but they are not that great at speed. However, I like you, don't do any go fast trails with this big truck. For a stock feeling option, I think they are hard to beat for the money.
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com