SERV 4WD Light Question

Rockfish
Model Year: 2016

SERV 4WD Light Question

Post by Rockfish » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:35 pm

Hello everyone, new member here in Texas with a 2016 PW having an issue with my 4WD, which of course is kind of an important feature. My SERV 4WD light has been coming on intermittently over the last year despite having no apparent 4x4 problems. Finally it came on and stayed on, so I took it to the dealer to get looked at (I know, but I had other issues and needed the computer flashed as well), They told me the next day it was the 4WD actuator, which had an internal failure. So they did the repair, then said they still couldn’t get the 4WD to work, and finally diagnosed it with needing a new front differential solenoid. That caused me to question their initial actuator diagnosis, but they insisted it was correct and both parts had failed. They also claimed the solenoid was $600, $2200 for labor, $2800 total. Nope. So I’m picking it up tomorrow and still need to get the 4WD fixed now. Has anyone heard of this solenoid issue before, or does anyone have any advice to maybe point me in the right direction to at least save a little money on the repair, if in fact it is what’s needed? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

RF