ARH Long Tube Headers- Dipstick Tube and Tranny Cable

ScubaSteve
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2016

ARH Long Tube Headers- Dipstick Tube and Tranny Cable

Post by ScubaSteve » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Just out of curiosity, any of you that have gone with long tubes, what have you done with your dipstick tube and transmission shift cable? I had to wrestle and tweak my tube back into place after installing the header, which was easily the biggest PITA of the whole install. The old manifold bolt with the stud on the end to support the upper tube bracket is no longer used, so there is no formal place re-secure it. Does everyone just let it flap in the wind like I'm currently doing? It's got the one bolt in the block down on the bottom, but the whole thing flexes a lot just pulling the dipstick out, and don't want to fatigue/crack it.

Also, I'm not super happy with the way I routed my transmission shift cable. The header set was not packed with the "relocation bracket" that is mentioned in the packing list and I've tried to get Moe's and ARH to send me one to no avail (Moe's said they just ziptie it out of the way and don't use the bracket). In my case I snaked the cable through an opening between the tubes, which I'm fairly certain is how they intended it to be installed, but am not quite satisfied with the close proximity to the headers.

What say you folks?

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Re: ARH Long Tube Headers- Dipstick Tube and Tranny Cable

Post by PWJouster » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 pm

either have a friend or do it yourself.

take some cardboard and tape and fabricate your own bracket. then have someone weld or bend one up. Sounds like the bracket would have it sitting where it is now but with more support?
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re: ARH Long Tube Headers- Dipstick Tube and Tranny Cable

Post by Colibri » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:37 am

May want to add some extra insulation sleeve to the shift cable if it’s routed through the primaries
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol