Front calipers shot at 22,800 miles

Member Builds How-To's
pless1488

Front calipers shot at 22,800 miles

Post by pless1488 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 am

Just found out that left front caliper seized and it burned three my brake pad and rotor is shot too.
Trust me when I tell ya,I didn't feel any difference in braking or shaking, nothing. I only found out about it when one of my square weights fell of and my mechanic was trying to balance the tires .
At such low mileage, how is that possible?
I have mopar lifetime warranty, and they are saying that they will only cover one caliper.
Which is bs cause that bad caliper destroyed my brake pads and rotor.
My mechanic changed both side . One side had 80% life left and the bad side had about 4%.
How do I submit the form with mopar for reimbursement, I will fight them on this because is by. Rotors and brake pads did not wear out naturally, it was a mechanical issue which they should cover.
Mopar website does not give you a direct link to a form,unless someone knows where to go.
Thx in advance. Art

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SeppW
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Front calipers shot at 22,800 miles

Post by SeppW » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Link in the owner's site in the recall section near bottom of page or https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice ... utForm.jsp. Warranty typically doesn't cover pads and rotors, so they could be trying to play that game. If the caliper seized and trashed the pads and rotor they should be included. However, the dealer is not incentivized to make repairs under warranty, in fact they try to deny the warranty. Unless you have a good relationship and a long time customer then chances are 50/50.

Go the reimbursement claim route and see what happens. They may indeed reimburse. Did they guy use OEM or aftermarkets parts?

pless1488

Re: Front calipers shot at 22,800 miles

Post by pless1488 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:04 pm

SeppW wrote:Link in the owner's site in the recall section near bottom of page or https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice ... utForm.jsp. Warranty typically doesn't cover pads and rotors, so they could be trying to play that game. If the caliper seized and trashed the pads and rotor they should be included. However, the dealer is not incentivized to make repairs under warranty, in fact they try to deny the warranty. Unless you have a good relationship and a long time customer then chances are 50/50.

Go the reimbursement claim route and see what happens. They may indeed reimburse. Did they guy use OEM or aftermarkets parts?
Thanks for the link,didn't have a chance to check it yet.
Mechanic order parts from some warehouse, I dont know what they are but he said they are for this truck,so I'm assuming they are oem.
Truck stops perfectly now,I dont know how I didnt noticed anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk