Fox ARS Steering Damper

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Fox ARS Steering Damper

Post by machete-lc » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Hey Winch Mob,

I am thinking of upgrading my steering stabilizer and noticed Thuren has a Fox 2.0 ARS Steering Damper Available for $450.00. I am wondering if this is that much better than the King version they also offer? Anyone have any feedback?

Thanks

MLC
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

14wagon86
Model Year: 2014

Re: Fox ATS Steering Damper

Post by 14wagon86 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:48 pm

I just installed the Fox ATS on my 14, the factory stabilizer was toast. Been running 35's for years and I off-road my truck. It really helped out a lot at higher speed on the freeway if there is a rut or a change in the roadway IE overpass joint, bridge joint. My truck used to be a handful when I hit a bump, almost to the point it felt like it wanted to death wobble. Since the ATS nothing at all, I have mine set at 15 clicks and it really tightened up the steering feel too. Disclaimer I also installed the EMF steering shaft bushings at the same time as I had just a little 11 to 1 slop in my wheel.
2014 wagon slt black with decals
Mufflex Magnaflow
35 inch falken at3s
Thuren springs with King 2.0 shocks, Fox ATS stabilizer, Thuren track bar, Synergy drag link, Carli diff armor

machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Re: Fox ARS Steering Damper

Post by machete-lc » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:37 pm

That is great information! Sounds like it is worth the extra $$. Thanks a bunch
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear