Thuren Fox 2.0 remote resevoirs for '12 PW

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
socalluke
Model Year: 2012

Thuren Fox 2.0 remote resevoirs for '12 PW

Post by socalluke » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi Guys,
Seeking input.....with questions below

Background:
Ran these Fox 2.0 remote shocks still they started leaking. Essentially onroad (horrible LA freeway concrete sections & our wheelbase along with expansion joints) kind of felt worse than stock, but was for sure more planted and felt better the faster you went on really rough dirt roads. Which was fine as I used the truck as my toy.

But then the use case of the truck changed; I got a job change and switched to riding dirt bikes. Which caused me to drive more on the road, much slower on rough dirt roads, and towing a small toyhauler maybe 12 trips a year. So I ran the Thuren overland shocks and they were a better "on road ride"

But now the overlands are starting to go, as I can barely stand the ride on LA freeways, can't lean back in the seat or carry a conversation on the phone at all.

So Now my questions:
1. Should I have an local shop rebuild the shocks for $600 otd
2. Should I also have them revalve for $240 otd, they said they can improve the on road ride like I want?
3. Or buy new Thuren King 2.0 at $meant for "Our very custom tuning for these shocks is designed specifically for street ride quality, gravel/choppy roads, and slower speed off-road terrain." per their website and try to sell the Fox 2.0 remote reservoirs?
4. Anybody want to buy the Fox 2.0's and do their own rebuild?

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: Thuren Fox 2.0 remote resevoirs for '12 PW

Post by Ducky's Dad » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:33 pm

I have Thuren Fox 2.0 Remotes on my 3G and they have been great, on and off road. The PW is not my daily driver, but I live in the LA area and drive the LA freeways to get in and out of town in the PW. The PW rides better than my Tundra CrewMax on ProComp shocks. Are your old 2.0s Thuren-tuned or off-the-shelf units? Some of the Fox shocks use aluminum tubes and are not rebuildable. When I got mine, all Thuren remotes were steel tube and rebuildable. Not sure about the Overlands. Are you thinking about rebuilding the old 2.0 remotes or the Overlands? Have you discussed this with Thuren? Have you talked with Carli? If the 2.0 Remotes are off the truck, I'd be inclined to ship them to Thuren and have them rebuilt to meet your current needs. Kings are going to be a lot of money, and probably overkill for your use.