Ignition issues

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
RockytheWagon
Model Year: 2017

Ignition issues

Post by RockytheWagon » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 pm

Hey all,

Wondering if there is any knowledge in here about hard starts. It seems random when it occurs. Sometimes it fires up no problem, some times it seems to cough a bit then fire up, and then other times it cranks and cranks and cranks and then just barely starts. Wondering if it’s maybe the dodge fuel pump TIPM relay issue?

It’s 17 Power Wagon. I do have a lot of wiring/accessories. Full AEV switch panel, 3 rocker panel for Abel Components, and dometic 12V Kit to bed. I had a battery test done and it looked good, but haven’t replaced battery. I’m at about 55k miles. I haven’t taken it to dealership yet, but was going to take it in for 60k tune up.

I’ll be out backcountry hunting soon and don’t want to be dead in the water out there if the truck doesn’t want to start period.

Any ideas? Is there anyone with experience using a fuel pump relay bypass?

Thanks!!
2017 Power Wagon
Instagram
Youtube Adventures