Do you own a 2014/15 Tradesman PW?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Jalapeno

Do you own a 2014/15 Tradesman PW?

Post by Jalapeno » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello all,

I would like to ask those of you who own a 2014/2015 PW in the Tradesman trim level a few questions.

Does this trim have the "in-floor" storage just in front of the rear seats?

Does this trim have the "fold flat" floor under the rear seats?

What other niceties do you forego by choosing the Tradesman that you would otherwise get with the SLT and the Laramie? Besides the obvious like heated seats and a fancy stereo that is...
Regards,
Joel

Jalapeno

Re: Do you own a 2014/15 Tradesman PW?

Post by Jalapeno » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Okay, so I figured out the Tradesman does have the in-floor storage.

Perhaps a better question to ask is; besides the more affordable price, why did you choose the Tradesman trim level over the others?
Regards,
Joel

loveracing1988
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by loveracing1988 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:10 am

I have a Tradesman non power wagon. I wanted the base model so I could upgrade whatever I wanted to upgrade without worrying about messing with the complicated electronics that come on the higher trims. The biggest thing I miss is the rear seat is not split, it is a full bench, so with the kids seat on the rear seat I can't fold up my rear seat anymore.

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:26 am

You should be able to "build your own" on the site and print out a summary that tells you every single thing it has. Do both, print them out and highlight the differences.

Don't take this the wrong way, simply trying to help make it easy...that's what I would do and then ask about certain items if I wasn't sure what they were.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 am

Will wrote:You should be able to "build your own" on the site and print out a summary that tells you every single thing it has. Do both, print them out and highlight the differences.

Don't take this the wrong way, simply trying to help make it easy...that's what I would do and then ask about certain items if I wasn't sure what they were.
This is exactly what I did when I was shopping. I used different color highlighters to mark similarities and differences between trim levels and when I was done I had a very good idea of what was included with each trim level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

Ed1774
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Ed1774 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 pm

No fold flat floor in the Tradesman. As you know it does have in floor storage bins and underseat storage in the rear. The Tradesman also has only one glove box with an open storage area above it while the SLT has a door covering the open storage area so you have basically two glove boxes.
2015 SLT Power Wagon (Debadged) Brilliant Black.
Mod's:
305/70/17 Toyo AT2 tires
Weathertech Floorliners
TSC Toolbox
Carli Diff Guard

Jack187
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Jack187 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Jalapeno wrote:Hello all,

I would like to ask those of you who own a 2014/2015 PW in the Tradesman trim level a few questions.

Does this trim have the "in-floor" storage just in front of the rear seats?

Does this trim have the "fold flat" floor under the rear seats?

What other niceties do you forego by choosing the Tradesman that you would otherwise get with the SLT and the Laramie? Besides the obvious like heated seats and a fancy stereo that is...
I have the Tradesman PW. I special ordered it because it had the features I wanted. I suggest looking at the build guide in the 2500 brochure

http://www.davesmith.com/ebrochures/ram.htm

It will pretty much spell out everything you can get.

1. It does have the floor storage.
2. It does not have the fold out load floor in the back, although you could install it. It is not an option when ordering a Tradesman.
3. It has all the basic amenities you would expect in a basic truck.

I wanted a good basic truck without the flash. The big selling point for me was the drive train and utility. I deleted the carpet as an option as well and de-badged the truck of everything except the Ram head emblems. I am trying to determine what the interior will look like if I remove the center console, as it makes using the center of the front bench as an actual seat pretty much impossible.
2015 Tradesman (PW option), 37X12.50R17LT Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, AEV Katla 8.5" wheels

Jalapeno

Post by Jalapeno » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Gents,

Thanks for the replies. No offense taken on the suggestions to "build my own" on the various websites. I've done that a few times, but I must admit that the Dodge/Ram website is not exactly forthcoming with photos and details like some other manufacturers' sites. No big deal, I figured I would just ask those of you with firsthand experience with the Tradesman trim level for your input. I'm torn on going the bare bones route, so that as Loveracing1988 pointed out, I can upgrade things as I see fit and not have to deal with complicated electronics. Conversely, having all the gizmos and gadgets sure makes for a comfortable ride...until they break.
Regards,
Joel

Jack187
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Jack187 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Jalapeno wrote:Gents,

Thanks for the replies. No offense taken on the suggestions to "build my own" on the various websites. I've done that a few times, but I must admit that the Dodge/Ram website is not exactly forthcoming with photos and details like some other manufacturers' sites. No big deal, I figured I would just ask those of you with firsthand experience with the Tradesman trim level for your input. I'm torn on going the bare bones route, so that as Loveracing1988 pointed out, I can upgrade things as I see fit and not have to deal with complicated electronics. Conversely, having all the gizmos and gadgets sure makes for a comfortable ride...until they break.
I had kind of the same idea. Looking back on it, I can tell you the following regarding ordering:

1. Not all of the options you will see online or in the brochure (start at page 33 of the 2015 RAM 2500 brochure) might be available when you try to place your order. Apparently supply/demand and discontinued options can still make it onto the website or are still included in the brochure, but have been removed from availability.

2. If you are looking at adding several individual options, you might actually save money by going with a higher level package that includes them. Example being the load floor for the back seat. To purchase all of the parts as parts, instead of getting them during the build out, will run over $1100 for new parts. A cheap alternative is to find a wrecked 2500 and salvage them.

3. I didn't see a whole lot of electronics that would complicate the higher level trim trucks over the Tradesman PW. The only notable electronic device is the 8.4 stereo, but that is also now available in the Tradesman (or at least it was when I ordered). I still went with the 5.0 stereo because it had everything I wanted.

The other big amenities of note not available on the Tradesman are the sunroof, leather/heated seats, alarm, remote start option, overhead console. If you want more than one of those, it will probably be cheaper and easier in the long run to go with the standard PW rather than try to add them in later.
2015 Tradesman (PW option), 37X12.50R17LT Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires, AEV Katla 8.5" wheels

Jalapeno

Post by Jalapeno » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Jack,

Thanks for your insight. I will definitely take them into consideration.
Regards,
Joel