Good news/bad news

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Good news/bad news

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Damn...that was FAST!
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Just ordered one January 31st. Learned they are building it February 10th. I'm beyond disappointed in the color options. Wanted a black truck, all they offered was a black pearl with the sparkle. Placed the order and chose granite... then Ram updated their website for 2015. I built the truck on the "build and price" screen, according to the website, there is a straight black paint option. The dealer said they called ahead but black is not offered for our trucks. Who doesn't sell a black truck?
Only driven to church on Sundays.

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Horseplay wrote:Just ordered one January 31st. Learned they are building it February 10th. I'm beyond disappointed in the color options. Wanted a black truck, all they offered was a black pearl with the sparkle. Placed the order and chose granite... then Ram updated their website for 2015. I built the truck on the "build and price" screen, according to the website, there is a straight black paint option. The dealer said they called ahead but black is not offered for our trucks. Who doesn't sell a black truck?

Whatttt, are you sure about that. What exact trim PW did you order? You said you order Black, and all they offered was back pearl metallic, then later you said the only option was straight black...which brings me back to your 4th sentence " Wanted a black truck, all they offered was a black pearl with the sparkle."---isn't the "straight black paint option" what you just said you wanted?
<Build Thread>

nightstalker

Post by nightstalker » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:30 pm

i've got a 2015 black tradesman in my garage

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:51 am

I called Ram direct, they said black is a popular color, they've run out and can not offer it at this time. I was told to check back every couple weeks to see if it has become available. I suppose black will be a choice this spring but I've already committed to the order so we'll move forward. Ps "black pearl" is not "black".

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by Stickman » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Lol, a car manufacturer "ran out" of black paint?? That's crazy, never heard that one before. Gray or white would be my next choice.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Grey is really nice I like my dad's his is two tone with the black rockers like will's it's super nice I like it more then the black I think.

Sent from somewhere your not
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:14 pm

So is it like when a nice restaurant runs out of the Saturday special?
<Build Thread>

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:18 am

Hahahaha, yeah I guess they've run out of specials. I'm still not over it. Black w/ BF Goodwrich white letter tires, dreams crushed! I suppose gray will be easier to keep clean and scratches wont be so noticeable. It was a coin flip against deep cherry red though. I saw another guy post a picture of his (cherry red) here, too bad I hadn't seen that one sooner.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Horseplay wrote:Hahahaha, yeah I guess they've run out of specials. I'm still not over it. Black w/ BF Goodwrich white letter tires, dreams crushed! I suppose gray will be easier to keep clean and scratches wont be so noticeable. It was a coin flip against deep cherry red though. I saw another guy post a picture of his (cherry red) here, too bad I hadn't seen that one sooner.
This one!!!

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... f=2&t=2335
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Boomerttl

Post by Boomerttl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:57 pm

I been waiting for my 15 power wagon since I ordered it the first part of the month in dec. :cry: heard form dealer on 2/12 it should be here at the end of this month :D but I ain't holding my breath
First wagon 05 bright white,my second wagon 15 Laramie granite crystal

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:56 am

That's the one... deep cherry red has a very unique look to it. I like the ram box option but hate the lines on the bed. Otherwise, she's one sexy beast.

OMOTM

Post by OMOTM » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:09 am

My PW build was completed 30 Jan, was told it shipped 3 Feb, only problem, still sitting in rail yard in Illinois. Impatiently waiting like a kid for Christmas. The online VOTS is hardly ever up and when you call, it's a different person each time with a different response. Gotta laugh, cause it's totally out of my control and hoping that the strike on the West Coast doesn't further delay delivery.
Playing the waiting game, ordered 2015 Laramie Power Wagon on 2 Jan 2015.

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am

At least it didn't catch fire in West Virginia today.

OMOTM

Post by OMOTM » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 am

True that, and I just checked status and my truck is now in Wyoming. The "tech" had no idea where it was going or if it would be trucked overland or shipped by container vessel, but at least it's moving now. Lol
Playing the waiting game, ordered 2015 Laramie Power Wagon on 2 Jan 2015.

14PowerWaggy
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 14PowerWaggy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:33 pm

My 14 PW is black... I have not been happy with the paint at all... It is really "soft" and shows every little swirl mark and scratch... I've only had it hand washed since brand new... My 07 Z71 Tahoe is black and it looks way better than my 6 month old PW, maybe I got the cheap black paint they used when they ran out of their black :shock: ... Just ordered a 15 Power Wagon last Tuesday and got the Mineral Gray Metallic this go round... I had that color on my 05 RAM and was very happy with it... Now just playing the waiting game...
2015 Granite Power Wagon... 37" Toyo MT's... Trail Ready wheels... Thuren Suspension... AEV ProCal

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:30 pm

That may just be a dodge thing, or we're both very observant and anal about our paint, because mine is the same way. Every time I get in and out of the bed over the side I make sure not to touch it in the slightest, but somehow I have small, very light brush marks and swirls from hand washing in the paint. It's impossible to keep a black truck (that actually gets used as a truck) looking good.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSCH2112 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

i went black in 89' and i'll never go back!

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 pm

I've never gone black, and never will. For the anal aneurysm causing reasons above. :doh:

But yes the PW paint is really soft. I lost a chip, dead center, just above the grill on my way home from the dealer. I had opti-coat applied to protect it about 2wks after I brought it home, which requires a full detail, Polish, scratch & swirl removal, clay bar, and then denatured alcohol rinse & there's still some swirls. Then I went hunting for 2 wks & loaded 2 nice bucks on top of the diamond back & one of the heads hung beyond the rails briefly & now I have antler marks in the opti-coat along the bed that won't buff out.
<Build Thread>

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:00 pm

14PowerWaggy wrote:My 14 PW is black... I have not been happy with the paint at all... It is really "soft" and shows every little swirl mark and scratch... I've only had it hand washed since brand new... My 07 Z71 Tahoe is black and it looks way better than my 6 month old PW, maybe I got the cheap black paint they used when they ran out of their black :shock: ... Just ordered a 15 Power Wagon last Tuesday and got the Mineral Gray Metallic this go round... I had that color on my 05 RAM and was very happy with it... Now just playing the waiting game...
You're already getting rid of your 14 & trading for a 15? Isn't that going to kick you in the junk on the loss ?
<Build Thread>

14PowerWaggy
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 14PowerWaggy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:14 pm

adeluca73 wrote:
14PowerWaggy wrote:My 14 PW is black... I have not been happy with the paint at all... It is really "soft" and shows every little swirl mark and scratch... I've only had it hand washed since brand new... My 07 Z71 Tahoe is black and it looks way better than my 6 month old PW, maybe I got the cheap black paint they used when they ran out of their black :shock: ... Just ordered a 15 Power Wagon last Tuesday and got the Mineral Gray Metallic this go round... I had that color on my 05 RAM and was very happy with it... Now just playing the waiting game...
You're already getting rid of your 14 & trading for a 15? Isn't that going to kick you in the junk on the loss ?
I lemon lawed my 14... It made a constant "whine" from the engine anytime it was under load... Let off the gas and the "whine" went away... They tried to fix it three different times and nothing resolved the issue... Got a call from Chrysler that they were going to replace my truck up to the MSRP on sticker... If I went over the MSRP I just paid the difference and tax on the difference... So I decided to get a different color and all the other features my 14 didn't have... Chrysler is also paying to have my AMP power boards and 35" tires moved over to the new truck... Wasn't too bad of a deal... I give them the 14 and they give me a 15... They also pay any applicable state taxes and registration fees on the new truck...
2015 Granite Power Wagon... 37" Toyo MT's... Trail Ready wheels... Thuren Suspension... AEV ProCal

14PowerWaggy
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 14PowerWaggy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 pm

adeluca73 wrote:I've never gone black, and never will. For the anal aneurysm causing reasons above. :doh:

But yes the PW paint is really soft. I lost a chip, dead center, just above the grill on my way home from the dealer. I had opti-coat applied to protect it about 2wks after I brought it home, which requires a full detail, Polish, scratch & swirl removal, clay bar, and then denatured alcohol rinse & there's still some swirls. Then I went hunting for 2 wks & loaded 2 nice bucks on top of the diamond back & one of the heads hung beyond the rails briefly & now I have antler marks in the opti-coat along the bed that won't buff out.
So is the opti-coating worth it in your opinion? I had already looked into that for the 14 and was going to give it a go... After you've lived with it for a few months are you happy? Worth it or not?

14PowerWaggy
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 14PowerWaggy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Stickman wrote:That may just be a dodge thing, or we're both very observant and anal about our paint, because mine is the same way. Every time I get in and out of the bed over the side I make sure not to touch it in the slightest, but somehow I have small, very light brush marks and swirls from hand washing in the paint. It's impossible to keep a black truck (that actually gets used as a truck) looking good.
I must admit I am very anal about my vehicles... But for some reason the paint on the PW seems even softer than other Chrysler vehicles I've owned in black... I agree with your comment though, other than the first minute after you get done washing a black vehicle, it's never clean...

dale dalueg
Model Year: 2013

Good news/bad news

Post by dale dalueg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 pm

I found the paint soft on my black PW so I put a Ming polish shine paint protection package on it after I had it professionally power polished, made a big difference, stays cleaner / longer and paint isn't as soft. I can reach over the sides without scratching it and use it as a truck not a pavement queen.

Graveltravels
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Graveltravels » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 am

14PowerWaggy wrote:
Stickman wrote:That may just be a dodge thing, or we're both very observant and anal about our paint, because mine is the same way. Every time I get in and out of the bed over the side I make sure not to touch it in the slightest, but somehow I have small, very light brush marks and swirls from hand washing in the paint. It's impossible to keep a black truck (that actually gets used as a truck) looking good.
I must admit I am very anal about my vehicles... But for some reason the paint on the PW seems even softer than other Chrysler vehicles I've owned in black... I agree with your comment though, other than the first minute after you get done washing a black vehicle, it's never clean...
I had a black pickup once, and as far as I'm concerned, never again! Look at it sideways, and it was dirty! Run within 5' of a branch, and it was scratched! They look so good from far, but after a while, so far from good! Rather have bright colors that hide the imperfections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk