On board air question

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Longbow

On board air question

Post by Longbow » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:53 pm

I want to run on board air, is it possible to have it set up in the Ram box. It will stay dry, but will I have a heat issue. Running line, power, air etc shouldn't be an issue.
2012 Power Wagon, Carli full suspension, Purple Cranium front rear diff covers, Toyo M/Ts 35x12.50 20, Metal Mulisha wheels, Blue Seas fuse box, Blue Seas Maxi inline fuse, Ridig light in bed, painted engine cover, triple flash light mod, offroad switches mounted in cab.
In house but not installed, Buckstop front and rear bumpers, LED lights in rear bumper, 4" and 6" PIAAs for front bumper, Vicking crawler front winch hook.

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Re: On board air question

Post by myoung84 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 pm

I think that's a great place for the compressors and mount the air tank under the truck. If you're concerned with heat, just pop open the box when the compressors are running for an extended period.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Well scratch that idea, the right Ram box has all my hunting gear, the left now has all my off road gear. The Hi Lift jack fit perfect especially when you use the gun/fishing rod holder. Now a location for my wreck bar and good to go in that area.
2012 Power Wagon, Carli full suspension, Purple Cranium front rear diff covers, Toyo M/Ts 35x12.50 20, Metal Mulisha wheels, Blue Seas fuse box, Blue Seas Maxi inline fuse, Ridig light in bed, painted engine cover, triple flash light mod, offroad switches mounted in cab.
In house but not installed, Buckstop front and rear bumpers, LED lights in rear bumper, 4" and 6" PIAAs for front bumper, Vicking crawler front winch hook.

Fireman78
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Fireman78 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Not sure if you run with a truck box or not, but I mounted my compressor and tank directly under the truck box. Plenty of room!
Enjoy this life, cause it's all we're getting.

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Fireman78 wrote:Not sure if you run with a truck box or not, but I mounted my compressor and tank directly under the truck box. Plenty of room!
I have to take a look at that, thanks for the info.

RckyMtnRam
Model Year: 2013

Post by RckyMtnRam » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Here is a link to a photo of just about the same set up as mine except mine appears to be the opposite side rambox(driver side). Works amazing. I dont plan on ever running it without the box open so I dont think overheating will be an issue(I'm only planning on using it for tire inflation and air tools). I pieced together the kit so I dont have the fancy air line holder pouch either thats in the picture put the tank and compressor location are identical. The rambox was perfect also as it already has a hole for draining that I ran the wire loom down through.. My fishing gear still fits inside, with pole(s) broken down.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8598_n.jpg

Could i see a picture of the gun/fishing rack with the hi lift jack mounted. Does it just slide in one of the gun slots? I've been looking at options for mounting mine in that opposite box. sounds like a cool idea. Thanks.
Craig

2013: AMP steps, BAK cover, warn wireless controller, mopar level, 5100s, volant/Donaldson, catch can, Thuren bar and arms.

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 pm

That's slick!

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Post by myoung84 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Very nice setup!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Very cool. I just have a nitrogen tank. It was on my crawler but took it off before I sold it. Gonna mount it on the Power Wagon.