Abel Components locker bypass kit help

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
CurlCollector
Model Year: 2007

Abel Components locker bypass kit help

Post by CurlCollector » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:53 pm

I purchased an Able Components locker bypass kit for my 2007 PW back in the fall. Because of the snow and rain we had this year in Utah, I am just getting around to installing it. I can't seem to find the plug location on my truck where the kit tees in. Can anyone on this page point me in the right direction? Some videos on YouTube for new model PW's show the plug on the front passenger side of the motor compartment. Mine doesn't appear to be there unless I am missing it somehow? Also my kit came with a penetration grommet that looks as though it was intended to go through the firewall although I thought all connections should be on the outside of the truck. Thanks in advance for any help.

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Re: Abel Components locker bypass kit help

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:32 pm

If you have the new version that totally bypasses the smart bar for lockers and swaybar, it is designed to install under the dash. It doesn't T in to the harness on the passenger side. One wire runs straight to the dash control. The remainder go through a provided firewall grommet where it splits off in the engine compartment. One wire goes straight to rear locker, one straight to front locker and one straight to the replacement swaybar actuator. Reach out to David Codona if you have any questions. He usually lurking on the Registry and will probably chime in any time now.
:rockon: :chug:

CurlCollector

Post by CurlCollector » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:20 pm

Thanks for your reply. It is much appreciated. The harness has a Tee and the plug that connects to the Abel Control module both on one side of the grommet that is permanently attached to the wiring harness. The other side of the harness has the two plugs one for the front locker and one for the rear then a power and ground connection. It definitely looks like the intent is to mount the Abel control module inside the cab of the truck and Tee into the control there as well. Just not sure exactly where to Tee into on the inside of the cab.

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:12 pm

I have a 2013, but may be similar. Inside cab, one connector goes to module, other goes to locker/swaybar control knob. You should be able to pop the control knob out of the dash. Disconnect the OE connector (no longer needed) and connect the wire connector coming from the Abel control module. Might require a little fishing.

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:59 am

The 2007 is a little different than the 2013, it has a T-harness that plugs into the factory connector #C137 under the dashboard by the parking brake control. I sent CurlCollector another copy of the installation instructions, which got him back on track.

:cheers:

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:38 am

Great. I knew you would chime in👍

CurlCollector

Post by CurlCollector » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:11 pm

Thanks for everyone's help. The instructions that David sent me were exactly what I needed. Very detailed. Thanks again!

TheGodOfFire

Post by TheGodOfFire » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:06 am

Good morning, I'm newish to this forum but love the detail instructions and advice from fellow PW owners. I would like to get this locker bypass kit for my "05". Where can I get it? Thanks.

Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule007 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm

In the board index under marketplace vendors Abel components there is contact info on who to contact & how. Usually very responsive!
:patriot:2005 Mineral Grey; QC- #0666: "Laramie", power heated Leather seats, tow mirrors, dual zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise control, music & volume controls; remote start, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails, low profile steps;1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum A-pillar mount programmable performance chip, monitor,& tuner; Linex Platinum OTR HD bed & rock panel coating; Red Ryder matching cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard w/4-4” Halogen off road lights; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black fender flares; PW winch accessory kit/remote control.
Tools: hand tools, 60” Extreme High Lift; rigging; straps; shackles; F&R chains; (2ea) rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans & 5# extinguishers
Updates: Jasper Remfgr’d 5.7 Hemi Engine; Open Range AT 35x12.5 x17 MP3 10 ply E tires; Moog HD U/L front axle ball joints & wheel bearings; new link, sway, y bar & bushing assemblies; fuel pump; A/C exhaust fan & compressor;1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180-amp alternator; Megatron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump, serpentine belt, Bilstein 2 5100 shocks/HD steering damper; F&R locker motors,sensors/u joints; 3" Magna flow cat back rear exit dual exhausts; Performance Brake/slotted rotor/caliper/pads

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:10 pm

TheGodOfFire wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:06 am
Good morning, I'm newish to this forum but love the detail instructions and advice from fellow PW owners. I would like to get this locker bypass kit for my "05". Where can I get it? Thanks.
Email responded to. :patriot: