2012 New to Me!

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Re: 2012 New to Me!

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Tue May 19, 2020 11:44 am

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will consider both. Don't want to derail the build. Looks good man.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

ghaugo
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by ghaugo » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:28 am

I recently did some upgrades to the truck. I am currently at 64K, so I decided during my transmission service, I would upgrade the valve body. I swapped it out with a HD towing model from Worldwide Specialty parts. I got a new solenoid through them as well. Finally, I had them replace the pan with a PML aluminum pan. I wanted to see if it cools things off any better during my towing in the summer. So far the transmission seems a lot more "crisp." The shifts are smooth and the truck is running very well. I will get a chance to tow next week for hunting season, so I can see how it goes. The transmission pan is nice, and it does have a drain which will make things much more convenient to service next time.

I also ordered some Thuren Fox 2.0 shocks, swaybar links, and the XS front springs. I had not put any mods on the truck for a while, so I figured I would try these out. I could not quite justify the Kings based on price, and the Fox shocks have a good reputation. I can't wait until they arrive. I will post some pics when they get here.
2012 Power Wagon
Frame-welded Aluminess Rock Sliders, Kenda Klever RT (35/12.50R17), ARE Z-Series Topper, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Husky X-act Contour Mats, Purple Cranium Diff Covers Front and Rear, Dodge Offroad Steering Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Short Arms, Thuren Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks, Airlifter Ultimate 5000 airbags, Daystar Cradles, High Country Customs Bumper, Dynatrac ball joints, WWSP HD Towing Valve Body, PML Transmission pan, Thuren XD Swaybar Links, Thuren XS front coils, Abel Components Full Swaybar Bypass, All AMSOIL fluids from Code4Synthetics.com

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:52 am

ghaugo wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:28 am
I recently did some upgrades to the truck. I am currently at 64K, so I decided during my transmission service, I would upgrade the valve body. I swapped it out with a HD towing model from Worldwide Specialty parts. I got a new solenoid through them as well. Finally, I had them replace the pan with a PML aluminum pan. I wanted to see if it cools things off any better during my towing in the summer. So far the transmission seems a lot more "crisp." The shifts are smooth and the truck is running very well. I will get a chance to tow next week for hunting season, so I can see how it goes. The transmission pan is nice, and it does have a drain which will make things much more convenient to service next time.

I also ordered some Thuren Fox 2.0 shocks, swaybar links, and the XS front springs. I had not put any mods on the truck for a while, so I figured I would try these out. I could not quite justify the Kings based on price, and the Fox shocks have a good reputation. I can't wait until they arrive. I will post some pics when they get here.
I put a Mag-Tec pan on my tranny and used a 1 ton tranny cooler from a Ram 3500 Hemi. This increased the capacity to something like 2.5 qts. i also plumbed in a tranny temp gauge into the pan.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded: