Interest in a 4 Corners Recovery Group

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Interest in a 4 Corners Recovery Group

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Vehicle Recovery groups are growing in the West and some great ones have been operating for a few years, such as on the Front Range of the Rockies. Both the growth of OHV as a hobby and the proliferation of AWD hatch back cars getting stuck off road in places they don't belong, has created a real demand for back country assistance where tow trucks will not go. One has loosely worked on and off in Albuquerque, but several folks are wanting to create something larger in the 4 corners area. Likely focused on San Juans and SE Utah Recovery. The idea is to volunteer to assist others who need un-stuck, remove broken or rolled vehicles removed from the wilderness. Saving potential emergency situations, and presenting a good image for our hobby. Obviously Power Wagons are the ultimate recovery rig. If you are interested let me know. Groups are forming on Face Book. Hoping to get a camp out and planning meeting together next year.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Interest in a 4 Corners Recovery Group

Post by Mule » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Vehicles don't go in wilderness (legally).
"Backcountry" is the word you're looking for. Big difference in land use issues.

And I think a helicopter would be the ultimate recovery rig. :lol:

CO4x4RNR is the big one out here that I know of. Should do one of their courses someday.