RAM-Mount laptop mount

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

RAM-Mount laptop mount

Post by Mule » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:03 am

No-drill kit mounts to existing bolt features, in this case the two on the front passenger seat.
Leveling up my offgrid shitposting skills. :rockon:

Pretty straightforward. Using the offset bracket makes the installation a little more difficult since the left seat bolt is right behind the bracket, and you can't secure the offset bracket with the mount plate on the truck.

Build up the tough-tray and ball/brackets on the bench. Wedge on the vertical post slides into the post on the bracket, making it somewhat easy to remove if you don't want the entire thing in place.
Had to model/3d-print a quick shim/spacer to really lock everything down, there's one joint that I couldn't get tight without that shim.

Add wiring - power and ethernet. Power brick for the laptop hides under the center console, power plugs into the 120v/inverter. Ether chases in loom with the power cable and goes to the truck's router.

Couple small items on the punchlist, RAM makes a couple of clamps with flat features that allow the laptop to close easily, got some of those on order.
Otherwise the kit should serve me well. Also nice that I can rotate the tray 90° and use it to clamp a clipboard in place.

Also installed a hold-down anchor in the bed where the satellite dish tripod sets up. Allows me to go straight down from the tripod head to the bed, eliminating the spider-web of tiedowns I used to use. H-frame under the bed secures it to the horizontal brackets giving it additional support.
Coax in the back corner goes into the cab...

Found a spot for the terminal behind the center console. Fits nice and tight to the platform my gearbag sits on.
Couple of DC-DC converters arrived today, should be able to run those right off 12v and not need the power losses of the inverter. Hopefully I can squeak out a few more hours of runtime from my battery box.

Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: RAM-Mount laptop mount

Post by Mule007 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:00 am

Mule: nice set up! Thanks for the pictures. Have a Great New Year!
:patriot:2005 Mineral Grey; QC- #0666: "Laramie", power heated Leather seats, tow mirrors, dual zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise control, music & volume controls; remote start, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails, low profile steps;1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum A-pillar mount programmable performance chip, monitor,& tuner; Linex Platinum OTR HD bed & rock panel coating; Red Ryder matching cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard w/4-4” Halogen off road lights; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black fender flares; PW winch accessory kit/remote control.
Tools: hand tools, 60” Extreme High Lift; rigging; straps; shackles; F&R chains; (2ea) rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans & 5# extinguishers
Updates: Jasper Remfgr’d 5.7 Hemi Engine; Open Range AT 35x12.5 x17 MP3 10 ply E tires; Moog HD U/L front axle ball joints & wheel bearings; new link, sway, y bar & bushing assemblies; fuel pump; A/C exhaust fan & compressor;1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180-amp alternator; Megatron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump, serpentine belt, Bilstein 2 5100 shocks/HD steering damper; F&R locker assembly & sensors/u joints; 3" Magna flow cat back rear exit dual exhausts; Performance Brake/slotted rotor/caliper/pads

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: RAM-Mount laptop mount

Post by RustyPW » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:22 pm

:rockon:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded: