Engine Bay Mount for ARB Twin

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
acmtn
Model Year: 2019

Engine Bay Mount for ARB Twin

Post by acmtn » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 am

Apologies in advance - probably a hashed over topic, and/or I'm just incompetent at searching the forum. Anyway, I have a 2019, and looking to install my ARB twin in the engine bay - looks like plenty of room on the passenger side. I know it would be simple enough to fabricate, but why reinvent the wheel (or mount in this case)? Does anyone sell a mount? Just FYI, not interested in the putting the compressor in the rear storage boxes, or bed, or underneath, or etc. Thanks for any help.

btsbarton
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Re: Engine Bay Mount for ARB Twin

Post by btsbarton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am

I’m looking to do the same on my 2019. I’m thinking it would be a simple enough bracket to design and sell for a reasonable price... would there be interest from many people on here?

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:39 am

I mounted a single ARB compressor using a single piece of bar stock I heated and bent it 90°. I drilled a hole in it and mounted it to a pre-existing bolt hole right behind the air box w/ a body bolt I picked up at Tractor Supply. It's on my build thread. The best view of this simple bracket is a pic I took of it hanging in my garage after I hit it with black paint. I certainly would have bought one ready made if it existed, but I did have fun building it.

If / when I upgrade to a twin, I will mount it vertically in the same spot. The wiring harness is the same, so it should be plug'n play. The wire harness runs up along the firewall, over around to the battery.

I may be able to turn my current bracket 90° and mount the twin to it w/o making a new one. I might just have to drill a new hole to position it to fit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:23 pm

The first photo, you can see it is a simple single piece of bar stock. It is quite thick, just under 1/4", so it does not flex. The part that is horizontal in the pic is the part that mounts vertically against the passenger side engine compartment. The part that is vertical in the pic is horizontal once mounted. I test fitted it, and then placed the compressor on it, and marked where I wanted to drill holes for the compressor to mount and still clear the air box.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug: