Horn Delay

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Post Reply
User avatar
WvChamp
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 am
Model Year: 2016
Location: West by God Virginia

Horn Delay

Post by WvChamp » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Yup Horn Delay...not Relay lol.
Anyone figured out or is it even possible to make the horn blow as you hit it and not a second later ?
(Didn't actually time it lol )
2016 Ram Power Wagon Flame Red :patriot:

User avatar
BoldAdventure
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:23 am
Model Year: 2015
Location: Nomadic
Contact:

Re: Horn Delay

Post by BoldAdventure » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm

That doesn't happen for me.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Model Year: 2015
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Mine toots when I tell it to.
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

User avatar
Reloaderguy
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:06 am
Model Year: 2016
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

It's a common complaint caused by the horn going through the CANBUS. Not all trucks have the delayed horn though.
Best Year Power Wagon

User avatar
WvChamp
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 am
Model Year: 2016
Location: West by God Virginia

Re: Horn Delay

Post by WvChamp » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 pm

If "Not all have the delayed horn" Then it should be rerouteable (spelling)….Correct ?
My 05 Dakota had the same delay.
Hmmmm
2016 Ram Power Wagon Flame Red :patriot:

User avatar
Retired BLM Rig
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:51 pm
Model Year: 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm
It's a common complaint caused by the horn going through the CANBUS. Not all trucks have the delayed horn though.
What he said. ^
Sounds like a good excuse for a train horn mod.

User avatar
Bill2014
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

I smell a new Nanny coming...

Horn not really needed - suppress it from sounding :rofl:

Then we will have horn bypass kits... and a long list of newbies waiting for their horn bypasses. :popcorn:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006

User avatar
Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Model Year: 2015
Location: Eagle River, Alaska

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Low_Sky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am
I smell a new Nanny coming...

Horn not really needed - suppress it from sounding :rofl:

Then we will have horn bypass kits... and a long list of newbies waiting for their horn bypasses. :popcorn:
Please add me to the list for the horn bypass kit. I have a 2015.
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

User avatar
Bill2014
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Bill2014 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am
I smell a new Nanny coming...

Horn not really needed - suppress it from sounding :rofl:

Then we will have horn bypass kits... and a long list of newbies waiting for their horn bypasses. :popcorn:
Please add me to the list for the horn bypass kit. I have a 2015.
:lol: ah how we digress
Last edited by Bill2014 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006

HeavyDuty
50_Posts
50_Posts
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:42 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Rocky Mountains of British Columbia

Re: Horn Delay

Post by HeavyDuty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

I agree the horn in these trucks are horrible. They have a delay and it is impossible to just give someone a quick toot. It sounds for like a second, minimum.
ONE SHOT, ONE KILL, NO EXCEPTIONS
“ROCKY MOUNTAIN” TESTED

User avatar
Bill2014
500_Posts
500_Posts
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm
Model Year: 2014
Location: Northern NY

Re: Horn Delay

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:58 pm

HeavyDuty wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm
I agree the horn in these trucks are horrible. They have a delay and it is impossible to just give someone a quick toot. It sounds for like a second, minimum.
Try to give a quick tap tap and see what you get :D
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006

User avatar
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Posts: 3170
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Model Year: 2016
Location: Kewadin, MI

Re: Horn Delay

Post by olyelr » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Bill2014 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:58 pm
HeavyDuty wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm
I agree the horn in these trucks are horrible. They have a delay and it is impossible to just give someone a quick toot. It sounds for like a second, minimum.
Try to give a quick tap tap and see what you get :D
Just a quick tap never seemed to work for me.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

Post Reply