DTC P1C4E and some weird electronic stuff.

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
desertbenny
Model Year: 2014

DTC P1C4E and some weird electronic stuff.

Post by desertbenny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:33 am

Just had an interesting experience tonight on the way home, well I think it may have started a day or two ago but tonight was all new. Tonight while driving home the check engine light comes on followed by the speedo going dea, all warning lights coming on and service ABS, trailer brake, park sense and auto start disabled. Lasted for about a minute and everything went back normal except check engine light. Now the other day I get a CEL and the code P1C4E. Depending on the forum it's either an informational code or an ABS code. Then i started noticing weird glitches. Get a blue screen for about 5 seconds after shifting out reverse. Auto on features don't come on with start. I'm going to give the U-connect update a shot in the morning.

My question does this sound like a speed sensor issue? Any other ideas or advice.

Thanks
2014 Powerwagon

DocPaulo
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: DTC P1C4E and some weird electronic stuff.

Post by DocPaulo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 am

Dont know if this applies but with the newer cars they are very sensitive to voltage drops... ive experienced this in multiple cars... codes that make no sense... and dont return after i clear them... a real problem code will return after clearing it its a real issue...

Usually a sign its time for new batteries...
14 Laramie PowerWagon Desert Brown
Black 17 PW wheels with Falken AT3W 315/70/17
DIABLOSPORT T1000 canned tunes
Auxbeam 42 curved lightbar
Firestone airbags with daystar cradles
Maghytec transmission pan, carli front diff armor, rock crusher rear diff cover
Diamondback tonneau with crossbin
RANCHO 9000XL suspension
EMF ball joints
WhiteKnuckle sliders (on order)

stooper
Model Year: 2010

Post by stooper » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am

that code only refers you to abs module fault code. You need to read abs codes.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 pm

First guess is a bad battery or PCM, but I would lean towards battery. Like DocPaulo said, bad voltage makes the computer start playing Pac-Man

desertbenny

Post by desertbenny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Lol I think I found it, It turns out that when I removed my old offroad lights, I had to loosen the main ground stud right behind the battery. Put the new LED lights on and ended up using a different ground and forgot to tighten the stud. The was just enough play to lose contact if you moved the wire.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:08 pm

That’l do it! Good find!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Funny how its usually something simple.(except on new Raptors) With the era of Monteros people used to do all the ghetto 80s and 90s after market alarms on them. So you would always get "it just quit on the drive home" posts....do you have an aftermarket alarm? ...theirs your problem.

These days it does not take much to make dash lights go nuts. Badly leaking exhaust manifolds did it on my Titan. When the mechanic told me that I said he was crazy...sure enough it was. I had dash lights, cruise control cutting in and out, you name it :excited:
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.