New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tires.

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tire

Post by TwinStick » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm

All 4 tires were re balanced today. Fronts were still good but the 2 rears: 1 off by 1.2 oz & the other off by .5 oz. Wobble is gone for now, at least up to 70. He said they may throw in a free re balance at 5000 miles, just to be safe. He also said that they might be too much tire for that vehicle ? They are the exact same size as the factory tires but they are much heavier. But I wouldn't think that would cause a wobble ? Heavier tires come into play when starting, stopping & going fast off road (ie, the shocks would not be valved properly for such a heavy tire).

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

What did you do with the tires that came on the new Yoda? :idea:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:54 am

Traded them in & got $75 each towards the Cooper S/T Maxx's. :rockon: They were street tires LR C.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Surprised that "TRD Off-Road Premium pkg " came with "street tires" :wtf:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Bill2014 wrote:Surprised that "TRD Off-Road Premium pkg " came with "street tires" :wtf:
Why? Most Toyota consumers just want the sticker.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:40 pm

So far, so good. Drives nice. Maybe they just rushed it in & out & didn't take the time to do it right ?

TexasTJ

Post by TexasTJ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Hey, just joined the forum. Been DD-ing a 17 TRD Pro, got it back in March. Wife wants it as her DD, but she is currently DD-ing our '04 Tacoma. I also own a '98 Jeep that is driven primarily off-road and what will be towed by the PW. I'm in the researching phase right now on PWs. Pretty sold on them, just trying to figure out the right price to pay for a PW with the Leather/Luxury Group.

Here is our 4Runner, ran Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, and several other passes last month.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Nice ! Your right being sold on the PW. Best truck on the market IMHO, as long as you don't really need a diesel for what you do with it. I love ours with the manual 6-speed.

We just recently towed a utility trailer w/around 600 lbs on it behind the 4Runner for a little over 500 miles. It drove great. Tracked true. It sucked coming back empty though, with all the bouncing the trailer did. Our mpg's really did not even suffer. Got 17.9 mph on the way to, with the wind at our back & 17 mpg on the way back, into the wind. The knobby tires took about 1-2 mpg away from stock street tread tires. Toyota should be ashamed to sell a TRD Off-Road with street tires ! :lol:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 pm

TwinStick wrote:Nice ! Your right being sold on the PW. Best truck on the market IMHO, as long as you don't really need a diesel for what you do with it. I love ours with the manual 6-speed.

We just recently towed a utility trailer w/around 600 lbs on it behind the 4Runner for a little over 500 miles. It drove great. Tracked true. It sucked coming back empty though, with all the bouncing the trailer did. Our mpg's really did not even suffer. Got 17.9 mph on the way to, with the wind at our back & 17 mpg on the way back, into the wind. The knobby tires took about 1-2 mpg away from stock street tread tires. Toyota should be ashamed to sell a TRD Off-Road with street tires ! :lol:
99% of the people who buy it. Will never take it offroad. So why should they put different tires on it.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TexasTJ

Post by TexasTJ » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Definitely don't need the diesel, would be fun if the 17/18 PWs came with a standard trans option. The factory Nittos on the 4R did fairly well in CO where it was dry, not as good as the MTR/Ks on my TJ, but won't complain.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Rodeoflyer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 am

Oh man that is so beautiful. I keep trying to get my company to allow my relocation to the Albuquerque office. I would be a mere 6 hours away from that.

I'm going to really hammer them now.

TwinStick

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tires.

Post by TwinStick » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Just got back from a Boston Mass, Salem Mass 4 day trip. It was fun. Ate some great seafood. Hit Quincy Market a few times for food. Hit The Black Rose Irish Pub. Awesome food, drink & service. Hit the Boston Sail Loft for some great seafood. Used the subway a bit as well. Parked @ hotel & had a free shuttle from the airport bus stop & back. Used that about 4x. In salem I had some Thai soup & food, kids went to the Boston Hot Dog Co. in Salem. Yoda did great. 17.3 mpg with the ST Maxx tires on. Very comfy, even @ 80 mph. Now have almost 5k on it. Still Loving it so far. :rockon:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:38 am

I was just up your way. Went to Niagara Falls. Stayed on the Canakistan side. The wife has never been there, so we told a short trip up.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 am

I made up a quick, temporary wire loom for hooking up the ARB fridge in any vehicle, on a moments notice, using a dedicated (super heavy but still portable) battery. When I actually make them up for the 4Runner & the Power Wagon, I will use the ARB threaded socket plug & hard mount them. I will post a pic tomorrow. Challenging for me to say the least with my new "latest-greatest" phone, an S8+. Got it mostly for my music, :angry: IMHO, nothing but my uber expensive MP-3 player !!! :lol: Anyways, I had most of the stuff already, to make up the wire loom. I have + & - battery lugs ( of the proper 2 sizes for a marine d/c ), to 10 Ga wire. There is a 7.5 amp fuse about 2" from battery on the + wire. That section has a re-used 12v battery charger plug on it. The 2nd section has a re-used battery charger plug on 1 end, also 10 Ga wire, to a 12v cig/style plug. Soldered some, crimped some (with my trusty new $6.99 HF wire crimper (that works friggin awesome). Heat shrunk everything 2x each, then used some plastic wire loom over it all. Easy, peasy to install in any vehicle, even the Corolla, or my kids car. Taking a trip to Fla. soon. Will test it out then.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 pm

So, I installed the remote fridge monitor today. Easy peasy. So easy, a caveman could do it ! :lol:

Fridge on---check.

Transmitter unit installed---check.

Remote monitor installed---check.

Night lite working ?---check.

This is REALLY nice, to be able to monitor inside temp AND volts, for 2 fridges on 1 screen. It also has 4 channels, so if you are traveling with others who have them, you can all use different channels, to keep you monitoring your own ! lol :lol:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Also went back to Verizon today, for the 3rd time since getting the new S8+. Got the Otterbox (slimmer one) at time of purchase.The screen protector fell off 2x. And yesterday, it literally fell out of my pocket while I was already lying on the ground, working on the truck, & the damn thing (screen protector only) broke !!! :angry: From like 12" or less !!! Took it back today (less than the 14 day return policy). Guy said they will not replace the screen protector again---have to go through the mail for a free replacement & the Otterbox, I had to eat :cash: . First I :lol:. Then it turned into an evil laugh. Waited patiently. Our turn came, The girl was so great. She gave me full credit for the screen protector, full credit for the Otterbox & put all that towards the new LifeProof case. Ended up being like $40, instead of the $100 for a new one. She said "that guy don't know shit, he is just the manager !!! :rofl: So, on our way out, I told him he needs to get back on the sales floor & deal with his products & policies on a daily basis, then he will actually KNOW what he is talking about ! :rofl:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Interesting, my wife drives a 2015 TRD Pro Inferno. It really is mostly stickers these days, but it gets tires on the pro at least. If the Rubicon was only large enough.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Don't get me wrong , we love the vehicle. The locking rear diff & the A-trac in action makes it almost like a locker in the front too. :D

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:42 pm

So, over 3000 miles. Avg'ed 17.6 mpg. Mostly doing 80 mph ...or...keeping with the flow of traffic. Almost had a total tragedy. At a hotel. For no reason, I just went to check on vehicle....holy crap am I glad I did. In another 10 min, the 4Runner would have been a goner i think. The wiring set up I made---everything I did was fine, not even warm, but that g-damn cheap-ass 12v 15 amp cig/style plug melted. The metal side tab of the ARB plug touched my skin & instant blister. ARB plug was fine, not melted at all, just super hot from the cheap-ass "Made in China" plug that was melted. But for the Grace of God, disaster averted. Went right to 4WParts in Jacksonville Fl. & got a bunch of ARB goodies. 3-ARB complete wiring loom kits, 2-ARB surface mount outlets, 1 more ARB remote monitor kit ( Now I will be able to monitor both coolers in both vehicles! :rockon: ) And I threw in a red Hi-Lift handle keeper for good measure. My plans are, to use the 3 wiring kits (1 for 4Runner & 2 for PW). Save the excess wire from those kits & make & install 1 in the camper & make another that is very short & mount it to the battery box for easy portability, and a safe/secure connection in any vehicle.

For those that don't know, the newer ARB fridge power cords can be unscrewed & screwed into the ARB surface mount plug, eliminating ANY chance of shorts or it working itself loose. GET YOU ONE---DO NOT USE ANY CHEAP-ASS MADE IN CHINA 12V PLUGS.

The highlight of trip for me was driving on the beach in Jacksonville, going to 4WParts & riding the Banshee at Disney. That ride is the most awesome sensory overload ride I have EVER been on. I wish it was longer. Less than 2 min I think. Waiting in line for 2.5 hrs SUCKED. No fast pass avail. We did get one for the Avatar river ride though & that was cool as well. I will get some pics up when I get around to it.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm hoping your mileage goes up. Because I'm getting over 19 on my 5.7 GC TrailHawk around town and 24 highway.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Ahhh, Disney, the land of $3-$6 water bottles & $10 beers !!! Fingerprint scan just to enter the park, facial recognition just to ride the Banshee.......= acclimation to a future Society that I am NOT liking at all. They said to my face "It's for your safety"....even though it is TOTAL BULLSHIT !!! When the security guard said "how do you figure ?" I told him. "if Disney was REALLY concerned with my safety-then why don't they scan again on the way out ?---to make sure everyone has left the park ?" Because if i was a bad guy, i would just hide in there overnight, do my dirt & then leave the next day, right past their face. Anyway, I will never go back there---ever.
Last edited by TwinStick on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Aquarium at the Rainforest Cafe.

Tiny little alligator.
Last edited by TwinStick on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Sunset at Fishermans Market Fl, while eating dinner.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:08 pm

If this would have had dual alt's & the best nav, I would be talking about a trade with the 4Runner. Love that color. Needs bed lined bumpers though. :D

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Also, while in Fl., I have NEVER seen so many "Bro-lift" trucks in my entire life !!! :wtf: is wrong with those people ? Totally destroys the use of the truck, as a truck. :wtf:

:winchmob: does NOT approve of this "Bro-Lift or Brah-Lift" phenomenon. (Lifted higher in the front, than the rear).

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+ ... ALgzXSoRsM: