Cargo light insight, time out/how to get it to stay on??

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
S3Rc51

Cargo light insight, time out/how to get it to stay on??

Post by S3Rc51 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 am

Looking for some insight on how the cargo light works. 4th gen, 2017 fwiw. My issue is that the cargo light times out/shuts off way too fast, like two minutes. Is there any way to change this? Or does anybody have any insight into how it actually works? With the truck off, if I unlock/open the doors, it times out in two minutes. If I open the door and manually cycle it on/off, same thing. Tried turning it to accessory or run, same thing. I've never timed it with the engine running. Tonight, after I got home from work and was unloading some stuff, I noticed that as I pushed the button for the cargo light (with the driver's door opened, truck off, literally just shut it off) the headlight chime came on (lights were off). The light seemed to stay on longer than normal.

Is there any way to get this light to stay on for a relatively extended period of time with the engine off? I semi frequently find myself at work in the early morning (or on a night shift) trying to work on something or go over plans on the tailgate. It's irritating that I have these nice bright lights to use that keep shutting off. End up having to pull out a work light and do it the same way I did it for years in my beaters lol.
2017 Power Wagon, Delivered 2/6/17
2005 Neon SRT-4 ACR
2005 Honda RC51
1978 International Scout Traveler
1973 International Scout II
2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Ultimate for the wife

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Cargo light insight, time out/how to get it to stay on??

Post by olyelr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 pm

I agree with ya. Also ticks me off that they cant put a switch in the bed. Its not the end of the world walking to the drivers side of the truck, but c'mon RAM, you install some nice lighting lets make it easy to use! :doh:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

S3Rc51

Re: Cargo light insight, time out/how to get it to stay on??

Post by S3Rc51 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Definitely. I don't even mind that, but these lights don't draw shit...can we not get a 30 minute time out or something instead of 2?!?!
2017 Power Wagon, Delivered 2/6/17
2005 Neon SRT-4 ACR
2005 Honda RC51
1978 International Scout Traveler
1973 International Scout II
2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Ultimate for the wife