Any Ordering Advice

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Any Ordering Advice

Post by Bill2014 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:39 am

Actually - none of the tracking info is correct - unless it happens to be by chance. When mine was close to arriving, I got a text from the dealer saying that it would be arriving tomorrow, and it had already arrived at the dealership :lol:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:46 am

I have an I code now! So its built, waiting to be inspected :)
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am

:popcorn:

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:49 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:I have an I code now! So its built, waiting to be inspected :)
What did you order, options, color, etc.?
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Why Flame Red and Dual Alternators of course! Basically loaded, its one new truck in 13 years, why skimp. Luxury package with 8.4 U-Connect.(other screen is un-usable anyways) which gets you leather, heated everything, Alpine stereo, vented seats, 115V outlet, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, Keyless with enter and go and remote start(why do you have to order a luxery package for the 115v outlet?)Rear Cargo Camera, Ram Boxes, LED bed lighting, Moon roof baby, bedliner no running boards obviously white knuckles ordered, I have the towing mirrors I asked them to take them off but they insisted they are bad ass so after a demo I kept them. Oh and I ordered a 4x4 model. :idea:
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by coder » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:01 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm
Why Flame Red and Dual Alternators of course! Basically loaded, its one new truck in 13 years, why skimp. Luxury package with 8.4 U-Connect.(other screen is un-usable anyways) which gets you leather, heated everything, Alpine stereo, vented seats, 115V outlet, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, Keyless with enter and go and remote start(why do you have to order a luxery package for the 115v outlet?)Rear Cargo Camera, Ram Boxes, LED bed lighting, Moon roof baby, bedliner no running boards obviously white knuckles ordered, I have the towing mirrors I asked them to take them off but they insisted they are bad ass so after a demo I kept them. Oh and I ordered a 4x4 model. :idea:
Wow, sounds like a nice truck can't wait to see some pics.
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:30 pm

coder wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:01 pm
FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm
Wow, sounds like a nice truck can't wait to see some pics.

Nice truck!

When i was ordering a ‘16 i had to choose between the auto wipers/lights or the rear cargo camera. Couldnt have both.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 am

[/quote]

Nice truck!

When i was ordering a ‘16 i had to choose between the auto wipers/lights or the rear cargo camera. Couldnt have both.
[/quote]

Geesh that is almost as bad as " You want Omaha Orange buddy? Fine NO Ram boxes!" Some things never seem to make sense. Its interesting that both the Wipers and Lights and camera are completely separate line items now.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 am

:lol: Ram box nazi ! :lol: No Ram Box for youuu! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRxEY8o3kc

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:39 am

Yes! Thats exactly how it feels ordering a truck! But I want cloth seats........THEN NO 8.4 U connect for YOU!

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am

I had always been a Chevy guy when I came over to Ram. And I felt like Ram had way more options and combos, but it's stupidly confusing and the YOU CAN"T HAVE X IF Y is really stupid. Especially the paint colors. Two-tone for you! Nope, you can't have that sweet tradesmen color. Oh, you want leather, TWO TONE FOR YOU.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 am

Geesh that is almost as bad as " You want Omaha Orange buddy? Fine NO Ram boxes!" Some things never seem to make sense. Its interesting that both the Wipers and Lights and camera are completely separate line items now.
When I was ordering, the auto wipers and lights were in a package together, but if you got that package then you couldnt get the rear cargo camera package :roll:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

scoutpappa
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by scoutpappa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Rodeoflyer wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am
Chromolykid wrote:I ordered my '16 with everything but Nav and dual alts. Where I'm going, the Nav won't help anyways.

If I had to do it again, I would NOT get the Ramboxes. My truck has spent over a year of it's life at the dealership for those terribly designed lids. On the 2500's, they will warp and separate. I recently found out why, on the 1500's, they don't. A small tab holds the outer corners in place, something that was left out of the design for some reason on the bigger trucks. Hopefully they've fixed this on the newer models after enough complaints (mostly from me). Very useful, but very poorly executed on the '16 2500. I just had mine replaced for the 4th time and two weeks later they're coming off again.
Damn, and I've been kicking myself for not getting the ramboxes. I had my heart set on a camper shell but haven't pulled the trigger yet, not that I won't eventually but all my money just went into suspension. My truck has everything an SLT can be optioned with except ramboxes, dual alts (single 220) and nav, although it's capable if I ever decide to shell out the $600 for it.

Something else to break I suppose...
Is it that bad? I have one side lifting at the back on a 2017 and added some 3M double sided but it sounds like I should just take care of it myself.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by coder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:29 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:39 am
Yes! Thats exactly how it feels ordering a truck! But I want cloth seats........THEN NO 8.4 U connect for YOU!
You can get 8.4 U connect with cloth seats it's an option both with and without Nav
Attachments
Uconnect Options.png
Last edited by coder on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

maybe it was the 115v outlet that convinced me then. Kind of standard on vehicles today

TexasTJ

Post by TexasTJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Following this thread because I'll probably be ordering a PW when I can get one. Hard to find one locally with the options I want. :popcorn:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Estimated arrival for the rail car in Albuquerque is 10/26. Says if they are backed up on deliveries they will just go over and pick it up.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:12 pm
Estimated arrival for the rail car in Albuquerque is 10/26. Says if they are backed up on deliveries they will just go over and pick it up.
Wait you don't even have a truck yet and you ordered one of my skid plates? You da man! Priorities :patriot:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 pm

The call with White Knuckle was really funny. "Ok, so do you have a lift on your truck yet...blah, blah....." well actually I don't have one :lol:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:25 pm

And sooo, it begins..... "What, that truck is not due here for a long time...." " but I was told it was scheduled for delivery today' "uhhhhhhh" "Maybe November 8th" When Did you order?" "Labor day weekend" " well it should not take that long, I will call you back in 10 Minutes"

And no call back all day and had to leave a voice mail. So now the extended wait begins. Lets hope they did not do something stupid like re-sell it.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Sitting at the factory, having passed up many trains coming here. Trying to find the sales rep for the region to find out why its growing weeds at the factory. Not someone who likes to call back.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 pm

It REALLY pains me to say this but, it seems that is S.O.P. for most companies today. Really sad. Being treated like that DOES NOT instill confidence in your dealer or sales person. You would think, that spending $60k+ for a truck these days would at least warrant a prompt callback, but nooooo !!! :angry:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Will call Monday afternoon again. Not going to just trust the November 8th rumor

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:47 pm

I told my dealer, after it got bought out by someone else & was under new ownership (after a VERY BAD first experience with them) : JUST DON'T FREAKIN LIE TO ME----EVER & DON'T BULLSHIT ME----EVER. If you don't know, then tell me you don't know. As long as you are legitimately trying to fix it, then I am good. So far, it seems to have worked. Although it is frustrating when you need your truck to go to work . Glad I don't have that issue anymore though! :rockon:

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Just hard to tell if what I am being told is true right now. My old truck has lots of issues, especially worn out leaky tires I don't want to replace...