Transmission/crossover pipe skidplate

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Rodeoflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Some of you guys may have seen the latest TFLtruck video regarding the '17 PW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtVvBpI2o0

This is the interesting part:

https://dethloffmfg.com/shop/oil-transm ... kid-plate/

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Transmission/crossover pipe skidplate

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Roman's tits are getting awful big.

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Yeah none of those guys are missing any meals.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:54 pm

This happened to me. That's why I own one.

:cheers:
Attachments
dented-trans.jpg
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm

I think DetMan is just waiting on PC for the first run.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 pm

What is also interesting is those rock sliders that mimic White Knuckles, except he said he got them from Germany? (I could not hear him)

Also, I noticed the truck in the dethloffmfg photos appears to have thurnen boogies on it, but stock shocks.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm

olyelr wrote: Also, I noticed the truck in the dethloffmfg photos appears to have thurnen boogies on it, but stock shocks.

:popcorn:

LMAO, guys come on
-------
------

13powerwagon
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by 13powerwagon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 pm

looks like Mikekey's truck
2013 tradesman
Thuren 2” coils, track bar, short arms, 2.5 Kings, axle truss, LT leafs, shackles and front bumper. Carli ball joints, 37” dynapro mts on stock wheels, purple cranium dif covers, maple offroad skid, offset rear cross bar, sliders and high clearance rear bumper.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm

olyelr wrote:
Also, I noticed the truck in the dethloffmfg photos appears to have thurnen boogies on it, but stock shocks.
Skinny tires too.

laramieskibum
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by laramieskibum » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Wonder if that skid will fit a g56 truck. 6.7 oil pain sits way low. Company in Israel makes a skid package but hell on shipping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo MT -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 am

laramieskibum wrote:Wonder if that skid will fit a g56 truck. 6.7 oil pain sits way low. Company in Israel makes a skid package but hell on shipping...
He's working on it. Needs someone to bring him their truck. Are you volunteering? :poke:
olyelr wrote:What is also interesting is those rock sliders that mimic White Knuckles, except he said he got them from Germany? (I could not hear him)
No, David got his sliders from some guy in Denver who copied White Knuckle. They're actually a lot shorter than White Knuckle Sliders. However they are tucked up a lot better than the White Knuckles, almost zero gap with the rocker panel.
olyelr wrote:Also, I noticed the truck in the dethloffmfg photos appears to have thurnen boogies on it, but stock shocks.
And what's wrong with having bumps and stock shocks?? Trust me, they make a difference, ESPECIALLY with the stock shocks. That's also my truck you dork.

That site is Damagewagons site, he's the one building them :thppt:
-------
------

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm

I knew I'd seen that truck before. I said to myself that looks a lot like Mikekeys truck then saw the rear window sticker.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Thanks for posting this Rodeo! I recently started a company (Dethloff Manufacturing) based on functional improvements to the Ram platform. I worked with Mike and his truck for about 5 weeks and was able to develop these engine/trans/exhaust skids and the RamBox compatible rack, as well as some other custom work for him. Mike built me a website while I was working with his truck, for which I am seriously thankful as I haven't built one before and I'm very happy with his outcome! There's quite a bit involved in making a good site and he did a killer job.

The current skid only fits 2014+ gas engine trucks. When I can get my hands on other trucks I'll be able to fill the product line in. For now there was a select group of people who pre-ordered so I've got a batch of skids heading their way by tomorrow.

I'll put a better thread up to discuss the business soon. I've got some fun other projects in the works that I think will be very different from anything else on the market.
ImageImage

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Whats the delivery time on these?
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:Whats the delivery time on these?
This batch is shipping out right away. These are all accounted for. I'll be moving at the end of the month so I won't be making any new parts until the new shop is set up.

I'd expect about end of October I'll have more ready to ship out, I'll make a bigger run of parts next time. If you're interested or have any questions feel free to get ahold of me at tech@dethloffmfg.com

I keep a list of people interested in products so those who contact me have priority for upcoming parts

TheDirtRoad
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by TheDirtRoad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
This batch is shipping out right away. These are all accounted for. I'll be moving at the end of the month so I won't be making any new parts until the new shop is set up.

I'd expect about end of October I'll have more ready to ship out, I'll make a bigger run of parts next time. If you're interested or have any questions feel free to get ahold of me at tech@dethloffmfg.com

I keep a list of people interested in products so those who contact me have priority for upcoming parts
Dang it. I just ordered one last night so will I be waiting until the end of October? Can you put me on your list of people ?

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 pm

TheDirtRoad wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:

Dang it. I just ordered one last night so will I be waiting until the end of October? Can you put me on your list of people ?
I got the order info yesterday, I was going to send that person an email - had no idea it was you buddy!

I have one spare but I want to hang onto it in case any get powder coat damage during shipping, etc. Once all the parts arrive, that spare will be going to get some media. If said media won't be ready yet I can send the last one your way.

Either way I'll put your contact info down on my list. The first thing I'm getting on when the shop is set up is another batch of 14+ skids.

Rodeoflyer
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Rodeoflyer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I think those skid plates are going to sell like, well..hotcakes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TheDirtRoad
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by TheDirtRoad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks DamageWagon I will be patiently waiting.

laramieskibum
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by laramieskibum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

MikeKey wrote:
laramieskibum wrote:Wonder if that skid will fit a g56 truck. 6.7 oil pain sits way low. Company in Israel makes a skid package but hell on shipping...
He's working on it. Needs someone to bring him their truck. Are you volunteering? :poke:
olyelr wrote:What is also interesting is those rock sliders that mimic White Knuckles, except he said he got them from Germany? (I could not hear him)
No, David got his sliders from some guy in Denver who copied White Knuckle. They're actually a lot shorter than White Knuckle Sliders. However they are tucked up a lot better than the White Knuckles, almost zero gap with the rocker panel.
olyelr wrote:Also, I noticed the truck in the dethloffmfg photos appears to have thurnen boogies on it, but stock shocks.
And what's wrong with having bumps and stock shocks?? Trust me, they make a difference, ESPECIALLY with the stock shocks. That's also my truck you dork.

That site is Damagewagons site, he's the one building them :thppt:
I'd totally donate my truck to this effort , but I'm quite a ways from Oregon and no plans to head that way. Please keep me in mind if you do find a 6.7L truck as a test mule. If you want to try sending me one for mock up or measurements I'd totally pre-pay. Looking forward to your rear bumper also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo MT -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Looks badass Marcus! Good job man, as soon as you make something for 3rd gens I'll buy it. I gotta ask, what's the story with the company name? Wasn't dethloff a transformer? :poke:
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Guess add me to wait list. I cannot believe the truck comes with out these!
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 pm

@rodeoflyer thank you sir, I hope they sell well! I think the diesel skids will go quick.

@laramieskibum thanks for the offer! I really need to get my hands on Cummins trucks. The skid will be different since, like you said, the oil pan sits far lower. Which really ought to say the diesels need it more than the gas trucks. Are you in Colorado?

@colibri thanks Tim! I'll let you know when I get 3rd gens going. I believe the brackets will be the same for 2003-13 trucks. My full name is Marcus Dethloff, and Death From Above was taken, so... Dethloff Manufacturing it was!

@FordyceCreekTrail I'll add your name to the list sir! If you have better contact info feel free to send it to me at tech@dethloffmfg.com

Easttnrhino
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by Easttnrhino » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:16 am

I like, does it help to go ahead and order. Thanks
Enjoying beautiful east TN

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Easttnrhino wrote:I like, does it help to go ahead and order. Thanks
Since the business is still small, I do need to ask for payment before ordering materials. I'll be starting on them in about 3 weeks. If you want to pay now it will be saved in the system so you'll be good to go.