You think you got it bad ??? Try this.....

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

You think you got it bad ??? Try this.....

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm

On top of our $4000 house a/c job, & the $1580 Y-pipe w/cats for the truck, $700 for the install of same, a woodchuck burrowing under my shed & fucking that all up & spending 2 days repairing that, getting fucked over on our camper...............Now, My house is melting. Yes, you read that right, my house is melting. No joke, no kidding. Not only is it melting, there is a burn mark where it actually caught fire & combusted. I had no friggin idea what would cause this. Neither did anyone I have talked to. So, at witts end, I went to Google & typed in "Help, my house is melting." Found out that it was from my neighbors windows, specifically Low-E windows. The entire 1 side of our house is destroyed. My neighbor was in denial. I told him, he laughed.

Now comes all the problems. Low-E windows are the cause, but NO ONE wants to get involved or take responsability because they don't want to be held liable or testify in court. I must have called 10 people who all referred me to 1 of the other people I already called. So, at witts end again, I called our County Fire Coordinator. She put me on speaker phone as I explained the issue. All I heard was laughter. They didn't believe it was a "thing". I told them, well, it is a thing & now that you have been notified, if you fail to do anything & my house burns to the ground, you are also liable. Then shit got real, real quick. I told them that I need someone with "authority" to tell my neighbor that this really is a thing & that spot is really a combustion spot. Next thing you know, the fire chief that said it wasn't a thing, was in front of my house, complete with fire truck. He looked, he video'd it, took pictures of it & said yes, that spot is absolutely combustion. So, we asked him to tell our neighbor that. He refused, said he has no authority to say that to the neighbor. Zoning Officer said the same thing. Insurance said the same thing. He broke no laws, there is no malicious intent, so there is nothing anyone can do to force him to do anything. So, we had a long chat with our neighbors.

We get along, mostly. So, I told them, you are on notice. If our house burns, you are responsible & liable. We have to draft an Official letter & have it notarized & sent to them, to legally prove they were in fact notified. He is trying. I told him the "fix" seems to be using aluminum screen---NOT fabric screen. One layer of screen attached close to the window glass, on the outside & also another aluminum screen on the outside, in the normal spot. These 2 things together, seem to disperse the microwaves from the sun.

So, back to who's to blame. Low-E windows may, or may not be code, depending on where you live. Homeowner says:blame the contractor. Contractor says blame the window manufacturer. Window manufacturer says blame the building code. Building code people say they were mandated to do that because of the State. State says they were mandated by the Federal Gov't. So, round & round we go. His insurance won't cover it. So, we had to file through ours.

My mom called a week ago & told me that a house by her burnt down to the ground because of this. Perfect example of people passing/forcing laws, that have no idea what the outcome will be------all in a feeble attempt to "save the planet". :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNEjur7Z5u8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyBrgKwpXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1SiS62pnf0

So, when window glass heats up, it expands-like most things do. Except when it is in a frame & in a house, it has nowhere to expand to, so it concaves & creates a magnification spot effect, putting a bright spot about the size of a softball on the side of my house, that registers around 150+ *F, when the rest of the siding is at 80*F. To make matters worse & to make it even harder for the human mind to comprehend all of this, It is said that the east coast is worse during the "winter solstice" or when the sun is lower in the sky. So, when it is 10*F & there is 3' of snow, the side of my house could be 200*F+. That is simply too much for most people's mind to even comprehend.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Re: You think you got it bad ??? Try this.....

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Just put a mirror on the side of your house. "Accidentally" direct it back to your neighbor. Problem solved....

Your welcome.

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Oh, and one more thing, sunlight is an "act of God" so be sure to aim at random areas of the "currently" green lawn.

John Adams - 1826

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:32 pm

That's nothing, we have tons of chem trails. I put the FAA on notice.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 pm

I have not seen any 20' x 20' mirrors in wal mart lately. And besides, I have already checked into that & if I do that, it is considered malicious intent & then I am liable. So, smart ass answers do not help, but hey, thanks for trying. This is truly a nightmare of epic proportions. And it is becoming more & more common. While we were in bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the Erie County Fair last week, we saw a new cul-de-sac with houses still being built & there was 1 that was not even finished & the entire side was melting, just like ours, from the windows next door.

http://www.wral.com/energy-efficient-wi ... /16558762/

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 pm

How long has the neighbor had the windows installed?
How long have you had the vinyl sliding?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

gtomike60
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by gtomike60 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 am

Put up a fence between the houses
,MYoung locker bypass,Dynatrac bjs,Dynatrac no-spin kit w/Dynaloc hubs,Thuren 3" coils,trackbar,shackles and Kings(3"F-2.5"R) shocks,Thuren Alien arms,Thuren/King steering stabilizer,Carli diff guard,White Knuckle sliders,Thuren bumper,37" Cooper STT Pros,Corsa exhaust

2005PW

Post by 2005PW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 am

Man Twin, you are over due for some good luck. Im suprised no one thought this was a thing. when I mow my lawn and pass thru the reflection of my windows I can feel a significant temp change, that and there are dry areas in my lawn from the reflections. See if a wood fence will block it, change siding material to fibercement board or maybe plant heat tolurante shrubs? As you said, the adopted building code often requires the use of low e windows, but finding someone legally responsible for the effects of adopting the code is an exercise in futility I think.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

Reloaderguy wrote:That's nothing, we have tons of chem trails. I put the FAA on notice.
Turning the frogs gay.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 am

I planted a garden and it took me a few weeks to figure out why I had a line across the garden where everything was not growing as good and some even died. Took me being out there at the perfect time to feel the reflection off of the bonus room window. The line was as the sun moved. Reminded me of burning ants with a magnifying glass as a kid.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:46 pm

The first mistake he made was buying a house with plastic on the side of it.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm

TwinStick wrote:
We get along, mostly. So, I told them, you are on notice. If our house burns, you are responsible & liable. We have to draft an Official letter & have it notarized & sent to them, to legally prove they were in fact notified. He is trying. I told him the "fix" seems to be using aluminum screen---NOT fabric screen. One layer of screen attached close to the window glass, on the outside & also another aluminum screen on the outside, in the normal spot. These 2 things together, seem to disperse the microwaves from the sun.
It seems to me that if the "fix" is the fancy aluminum screens, then that's the most logical route to go. I'd see if he would split the cost of the product to keep the neighborly peace.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am

Time to move :secret:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSCH2112 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:59 pm

plant some fast growing trees that can tolerate that reflection. but then yer screwed $$$.

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Only about 14' of lawn between us. 7' is his & 7' is mine, & yes, it also kills the lawn at the same angle. He is working on the screens. Problem is, he has 9 windows & thinks that it is only 1 of them doing the damage. I told him it could be different windows, at different times of the year. He refuses to believe that. He and his wife are College Educated and both are teachers but OMG, the 2 of them are dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to common sense. Scary to think they are teaching our young. It will work out eventually or, we will end up taking them to court & suing them. $4000 for cement board on just that side, $2000 to reside it with vinyl. Trees are not an option, it's how I get my camper in the backyard. I only have inches on either side when I drive back there. As far as splitting the cost--- I told him sure, as soon as he splits the cost to reside my house !!!
Last edited by TwinStick on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

It's time for a concave mirror in the precise location... Right back acha dude...
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Will wrote:It's time for a concave mirror in the precise location... Right back acha dude...

:lol:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 am

2sticky. Post up some pictures.
:nopics:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm

You wont believe it when I do !!!

Stand by.....................

So, here is the temp of my siding all over.

This is the bizzare pattern created by my neighbors Anderson windows.

This is the temp of the small intense spot on my siding.
Last edited by TwinStick on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Here are some pics of the damage.

This is the banana shaped shutter.

This is the combustion spot.
Last edited by TwinStick on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Not sure why I can't post any more pics ?

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Pit Slave » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:21 pm

It's photo bucket. They changed the terms.

John Adams - 1826

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSCH2112 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 pm

holy smokes TwinStick. that is really screwed up siding. and yes, today's public teachers with a degree are dumb as rocks.

i wonder when you get new siding if there will be a warranty to cover future problems. if so, perhaps the siding company will go after the neighbors? just make sure they know of problem up front prior to issuing a warranty.

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90