New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tires.

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tire

Post by TwinStick » Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 pm

You should have seen the look on his face the first time i dropped the F-bomb. That is everyday talk for me, sorry. My dad was in the Army, both my parents were Corrections Officers at one time, I was in the Army (when swearing & using f**k as many times as you could in one sentence was an art form all in itself !) , and a Corrections Officer for 28.3 years, so .............yeah, sorry, but thats just me. Usually I don't mean anything by it, unless i'm pissed, & most people can usually tell ! LOL :lol:

I'm just kinda like "Sweet Brown" !!! LOL :lol: "Ain't nobody got time for that !"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydmPh4MXT3g
Last edited by TwinStick on Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 pm

TwinStick wrote:You should have seen the look on his face the first time i dropped the F-bomb. That is everyday talk for me, sorry. My dad was in the Army, both my parents were Corrections Officers at one time, I was in the Army (when swearing & using f**k as many times as you could in one sentence was an art form all in itself !) , and a Corrections Officer for 28.3 years, so .............yeah, sorry, but thats just me. Usually I don't mean anything by it, unless i'm pissed, & most people can usually tell ! LOL :lol:
:rofl:
:cheers:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Thu May 18, 2017 11:21 pm

I don't think he is any angrier, he just has more time to type...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon May 22, 2017 11:04 pm

MikeKey wrote:That was hilarious shit. :lol: I'm not sure it's the dealer that is being the a*hole from reading the description of your story. You should consider anger management dude. Seriously, not good for your health at your age. :mrgreen:

Although, stealerships are pretty damn slimy.
He's just hard core. After dealing with the scum of the earth for 28 yrs. You become a product of your environment.

Mikey, that was funny as shit! :rofl:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Rusty nailed it. I just "ain't got time for that." :lol:

I picked up a set of 4 Yakima RailGrab towers & 2 58" crossbars today for the Yoda. Now I can switch the roof basket from one vehicle to the other. :rockon:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the Toyota dealer charged the tire shop $172 to fix the broken wheel stud !!! :lol: Tire shop called me & basically said :wtf: , I laughed & said welcome to my world. That it is between you and the Toyota dealer to work it out----NOT ME, you have a nice day sir. Click. I have not heard back from them. Also, wife got a really good response to her scathing e-mail she sent Toyota, bitching about how our salesmans supervisors said we gave him a bad evaluation. We gave him all 9's out of 10's. So, they said they reprimanded the supervisors, talked to the salesman & apologized to him & so did his supervisors. We are gonna ask him next time we see him, just to see if that was all BS or not. He is an older guy like me & I think they just want him out. He makes the new younger ones look REALLY bad. Said he sold more new cars in his first 4 days at this dealership than the youngest guy did all month.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Need some help here.

Does anyone know where the inverter is actually located in a 2017 4Runner ? The reason I am asking is, yesterday we took a trip of about 45 min each way, had the ARB 50qt fridge in the back, running there & back on the inverter. I have done this before & never noticed this. I turned off the fridge when we got home, before I shut the vehicle off & also turned off the inverter with the dash switch before shutting off the vehicle. An hour or more later, I went out to install the Yakima RailGrabs & cross bars I bought & I heard what sounded like a fan running in the d-side rear wheel well area. I put the key in the ignition, turned it 2 clicks (until the dash lights came on) Then turned it off & it went off. I can't believe that the inverter got so hot that the cooling fan (if it even has one) would still be running more than an hour later ? Thoughts on this ?

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics !

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:02 am

TwinStick wrote:Tires are on. Cooper Discovery ST Maxx, 265/70/17 E. We went to pick it up & it wasn't done yet, so we sat down. No sooner, guy from garage comes in & say a wheel stud broke off while hand torquing it to 81 ft lbs. So, I went right to the Toyota Dealership. Our salesman was off today. So the lady service writer looks at me & says "so, what do you want us to do ? We didn't break it." I just laughed, an evil laugh, with an evil look to go along with it. She took a step back & said let me go get someone. She left & came back with a desk jockey. He looked at the broken stud i gave her, held it up to his eye & scrutinized it hard. My anger was building. Then he says...........Yeah, this was obviously done with an impact wrench when they were tightening it, so go back & see them. They broke it, they fix it, pretty simple he said to me in a sarcastic manner. From that point, it was on like Donkey Kong. I snatched back the wheel stud from him without asking & walked right into his empty office & was looking around at the walls. He said what are you looking for. I told him i was looking for his engineering degree, because you obviously must have one if you can diagnose a failure so quickly & why & how it was broke. He said I don't have one. I said NO SHIT SHERLOCK !!! I WAS WATCHING HIM WHEN IT BROKE & HE WAS HAND TIGHTENING IT WITH A TORQUE WRENCH SET AT 81 FT LBS !!! NOT WITH AN IMPACT WRENCH. So I told them to fix it & charge the tire shop, I don't care. I just want it fixed. Work it out with them or you can keep the 4Runner. 45 minutes later, I was driving out with a new wheel stud. I told them I think it was a bad heat treat. Hope they are not all like that.

I really don't know what it is with dealers around here, they all seem to be assholes once the sale is made---except for the Subaru dealer. They are the best. Coffee, snacks, cold water bottles, cold soda---all free of charge. They also offered to take my daughter to college or work if she had to be somewhere while her car was being worked on. If it says it's covered, it's covered, they don't try to weasel out of it & make you pay, they tell you, oh no, that's covered at no charge to you. She got free wiper blades & free rotors once, all under warranty.
Great tires!
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Well, the Jury is still out for me on this set. I have a set of STT's on the PW and LOVE them. No issues ever. Those tires are going on 12 yrs old.

Took a trip. Tires were good for around 100 miles, then, noticeable wobble. Ride back was even worse. Went back to tire shop, they checked both fronts & said 1 was out of balance. They re-balanced it & all was good for around 100 miles. Then we just went on a 600 mile trip & it started the noticeable wobble again. I will have to go back to tire shop again. If you opened a water bottle & put it in the cup holder by the gear shifter, it would splash water out of the bottle, because of the wobble. Thinking I have a bad tire, their tire machine is out of wack or the employee is out of wack. :angry:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Wait, is the tire 12yrs old? Am I understanding that correctly?
-------
------

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:02 pm

MikeKey wrote:Wait, is the tire 12yrs old? Am I understanding that correctly?
Yeah dude, have you seen the cost of winch rollers, gas caps, and wheel studs? Imagine trying to buy all that AND tires!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:12 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
MikeKey wrote:Wait, is the tire 12yrs old? Am I understanding that correctly?
Yeah dude, have you seen the cost of winch rollers, gas caps, and wheel studs? Imagine trying to buy all that AND tires!
:rofl:

I'm replacing tires on my motorhome now. Only 8 years old and 26,000 miles on them. I wish I could get 12 years out of mine. 6 Michelin are $4,400. :shock:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am

Tires have a lifespan. Even if they sit on the shelf with zero miles, you shouldn't be using them after 5 yrs.
-------
------

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 am

Tires aren't made the same anymore... My first gen still drives fine with the old generals....
https://www.instagram.com/p/oyGcUFthJw/
https://www.instagram.com/p/o9hQqfNhBI/

Yeah, I smoked 'em, sometimes you just gotta #sendit
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:08 am

Do whatever you want. But I personally wouldn't be driving around on old arse tires, even if the tread was still good.
-------
------

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

MikeKey wrote:Tires have a lifespan. Even if they sit on the shelf with zero miles, you shouldn't be using them after 5 yrs.
That might be a very conservative generalization IMHO :wink:
Depends more on other factors than age alone - such as direct sun exposure and tire construction. But, inspect older tires for checking regularly.
My original boat trailer tires are 23 years old and still look fine - I add about 5 psi to them once a year :excited:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Most tire manufactures recommend changing tires at 7 to 8 years of age.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 pm

RustyPW wrote:Most tire manufactures recommend changing tires at 7 to 8 years of age.
I had a tire manufacturer try to tell me that. I started angry laughing so they got the secretary and finally said 15 years was ok. I don't take that kind of shit from anyone.

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
RustyPW wrote:Most tire manufactures recommend changing tires at 7 to 8 years of age.
I had a tire manufacturer try to tell me that. I started angry laughing so they got the secretary and finally said 15 years was ok. I don't take that kind of shit from anyone.
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?

Demand to see life’s manager!

Make life rue the day it thought it could give RustyPW lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
-------
------

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:59 pm

MikeKey wrote:
Reloaderguy wrote:
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?

Demand to see life’s manager!

Make life rue the day it thought it could give RustyPW lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
What the hell you been smokin'? Or you been taking in peyote?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Burn your lemons down...scream FUCK!

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Post by Will » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Cave Johnson

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Will wrote:Cave Johnson
The cake is a lie.
-------
------

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 pm

There is no spoon

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Yup, you all read right, 12 years old, maybe 13. They are fine, no wobbles, no shakes & the STT's are even more aggressive than the ST Maxx's. Going in tomorrow at 11:00am, they are going to remove all 4 & check for balance. If the 1 front is out of balance again, they are going to replace it.