PW Tradesman Option

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
vector1

PW Tradesman Option

Post by vector1 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 pm

What, if any, are the differences between the Tradesman option and the straight-up Power Wagon besides interior stuff and wheels? Lift? Suspension? Protection? Asking for a friend who is a little turned off by the new PW grill and tailgate branding.

TwinStick

Re: PW Tradesman Option

Post by TwinStick » Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Interior stuff & exterior stuff (stickers/badges/grills/paint). Wheels should be the same, suspension-the same, lift-the same. With the Tradesman, you get all the PW goodies without any fluff. It is the cheapest way to get a PW. No stickers, no 2 tone paint, no RAM grill, no tailgate badging, etc.. . I call them "undercover Power Wagons." :lol:

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Yup, it's all interior and cosmetic exterior differences. Different head/tail lights, not sure if the tradesman comes with fogs or not. As far as driveline/suspension/protection goes, the trucks are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

LumberZach
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by LumberZach » Fri May 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Mine came with fog lights. I had the option to get some decals but opted to go without. Mine is a '15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vector1

Post by vector1 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Hey, good news. Thanks for the quick replies. My friend says he can live with an "underground" Power Wagon.

coder
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by coder » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

When you select the Power Wagon package you always get the below items everything else is specific to the truck model you pick Tradesman, SLT, etc.

- 17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Wheels (Tradesman gets polished wheels, SLT gets black)
- 180-Amp Alternator
- 4.10 Axle Ratio
- Black Headlamp Filler Panel
- Black Wheel Flares
- Fog Lamps
- Front Disconnecting Stabilizer Bar
- WARN® 12.000-lb. Capacity Front Electric Winch
- Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
- Hill Descent Control
- LT285/70R17D OWL All Terrain Tires Goodyear® Brand Tires
- Ram Power Wagon Articulink® Suspension
- Tow Hooks
- Transfer Case Skid Plate
- Tru-Lok® Front and Rear Axles
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Factory Options (Inferno Red, Premium Cloth Bench Seat, Light Group, Automatic Transmission, Leather Steering Wheel)
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Yokohama X-A/T 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Mopar HD Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | Odyssey Extreme 65-PC1750T | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

rkgzx9leftcoast
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by rkgzx9leftcoast » Mon May 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I have a 16 Tradesman and love it, Like everyone has said the biggest difference especially with the 17 Model is the interior and exterior. Same suspension and goodies, which is what I wanted, you can add options, I have Fogs and Bed lights,, I bought off lot and got an incredible deal. Was 38K . I think if you want Navigation and nicer interior you have to go with the the SLT type Power Wagon (which I think is just the Power Wagon in 17)? Mine has the tailgate badge/sticker, bit nothing else exterior says PW unless you look for Winch.
2016 Tradesman White, adding mods now, 37 Ridge Grapplers on Method Standards 17 x 8.5 x 5.75 BS, Thuren Overland front 1.5" Kit. SLT Grill, Mopar Steps. More Thuren stuff soon....

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon May 22, 2017 1:35 pm

See if you can get dual alternators. I have them and they make all the difference in winching.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

agpilot
Model Year: 2016

Post by agpilot » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 pm

MikeKey wrote:See if you can get dual alternators. I have them and they make all the difference in winching.
You can get dual alts - the only thing I regret not getting on my '16 Tradesman. It would have added more than a few months to the build date as they were low qty option at the time I ordered. I passed and have done a lot of winching with no issue. The battery is a sufficent buffer for the amperage our winches draw. A second battery would be more useful than a second alt in my humble opinon. How long the charging system takes to refill that pool on the other hand...