BD throttle sensitivity booster

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
jswider
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

BD throttle sensitivity booster

Post by jswider » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Anyone here ever use this thing or have any experience with it?

BD diesel 1057732 throttle position sensitivity booster

Saw it in the 4wheel off road magazine today. It remaps the throttle sensitivity and is all plug and play. Can be set to stock, 50% and 100% increase sensitivity. Should theoretically get rid of the horrible lag in the pedal for driving around town and on Highway, can always turn it back to stock when in 4 low. Wonder if it really works, but I'm sure a tuner can remap them as well....
Fits all rams, gas or diesel. Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: BD throttle sensitivity booster

Post by Shaved Ice » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Previously, I read a lot of reviews for this on the Cummins forums. They all seem to like it, but it does not get rid of lag.

A tuner does the same thing but this TSB can be removed without leaving a electronic footprint in case you need to go in for warranty work.
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:12 pm

That's expensive for just compensating for how you move your foot. Just my thought

Sent from my safe space

Juday
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Juday » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

The Bully Dog GT does this also. IMO, just buy a tuner. I've turned my throttle sensitivity to the max, as I found I like that setting the best.
2012 RAM Power Wagon
315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar | Carli Front Differential Cover | Aluminess Front Bumper | Aluminess Rock Sliders | PIAA 540 Fog Lights | 1" Daystar Lift | Thuren High Clearance Control Arms | Thuren Track Bar

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Welcome back Juday!

Sent from my safe space

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Lag? What lag? I don't have no stinkin' lag. But mine is an '05, so I don't have as much electronic crap as do the newer trucks.

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Shaved Ice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm

I have not experienced any lag in my 2017 Power Wagon. I am coming from a 2014 Cummins that had HORRIBLE lag, so I may not notice as much as the next guy. I previously owned a 2007 Power Wagon and don't notice any difference in throttle response. I might get a TSB instead of a tuner just because I have a lifetime bumper-to-bumper and don't want the electronic footprint of a tuner if I have to go in for warranty work.
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TommyG » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 am

The lag in my 2012 is terrible. Going up an on ramp you press and press and press. Rather than accelerating it just stays the same when you reach a certain point it down shifts two gears and just screams. If it would just add throttle at the same rate you are pushing the pedal it would not need to shift at all. Probably one of my biggest gripes with the truck.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:15 am

Torque management it's called in the diesels. Almost every programmer does this because the drive by wire just doesn't feel or work right. The booster basically forces the drive by wire to act almost like a cable system. Worth it if you don't want a tuner but a tuner is more valuable
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 am

TommyG wrote:The lag in my 2012 is terrible. Going up an on ramp you press and press and press. Rather than accelerating it just stays the same when you reach a certain point it down shifts two gears and just screams. If it would just add throttle at the same rate you are pushing the pedal it would not need to shift at all. Probably one of my biggest gripes with the truck.
That's not necessarily throttle control. That's transmission control. At that point your throttle is wide open, the engine just doesn't have anything more to give you at that RPM, hence why it then downshifts.

Sent from my safe space

TommyG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by TommyG » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
TommyG wrote:The lag in my 2012 is terrible. Going up an on ramp you press and press and press. Rather than accelerating it just stays the same when you reach a certain point it down shifts two gears and just screams. If it would just add throttle at the same rate you are pushing the pedal it would not need to shift at all. Probably one of my biggest gripes with the truck.
That's not necessarily throttle control. That's transmission control. At that point your throttle is wide open, the engine just doesn't have anything more to give you at that RPM, hence why it then downshifts.

Sent from my safe space
It is in an RPM range that it would accelerate if I could get throttle input. There shouldn't be nothing happening until the pedal gets to WOT. I am not talking about going from 40 to 80 in the length of the ramp. It does not pick up speed smoothly as you feed throttle to it. It is just flat and then wide open. I am sure it is trying to keep it in the most fuel efficient mode possible and the throttle control and transmission management both factor in. I went from a throttle cable truck to fly by wire for this one so it is still really foreign to me.
2012 Power Wagon
White Knuckle Sliders, myoung locker bypass, Thuren Track Bar, Thuren Control Arms, Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50, Method Race Wheels

jswider
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by jswider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm

My 2012 lags a lot. I think it is a combo of the throttle mapping and transmission tuning (torque management). The truck is great except for that. Hate the factory tuning or settings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 pm

All "fly by wire" vehicles are like that to some extent. Just not the same as a throttle cable or linkage, IMHO anyways. Mine was REALLY bad. Then i read that the air rushing into & through the plastic intake/runners causes static electricity to build up (just like a plastic bedliner with gas cans---which is why they make you put them on the ground to fill--so you don't start a fire or blow yourself up, at least around here). And guess what is right there by the plastic air intake ? ---You guessed it, the fly by wire sensor and/or Throttle position sensor. I made up 2 grounding wires with eyelet ends, removed 2 bolts from the air intake, put the wire ends in there & replaced the bolts. Hooked the other ends to the 2 grounding strap bolts on each fender, after I removed them & ground the paint & primer off to bare metal. Replaced & sprayed with Fluid Film to prevent rust in the future. It did make a noticeable difference on my truck but it is still not as good as a direct link.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Did someone say fluid film? Whats that?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm

:lol:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:44 pm

My '08 does some weird stuff. If I roll up to a stop sign or redlight that is slightly up hill. Slow down to a crawl,about 2~4 mgh. Then give it gas to go through. The truck doesn't respond like it should. I have to keep giving it gas. Once I hit about 3/4 pedal. It takes off, spinning tires.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:52 pm

:roll: Gotta love technology right ? It makes everything better, right ? :lol:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

In this months issue (July 2017) of Petersons 4Wheel & Off-Road, there is an article on page # 24 called "Improved throttle response in minutes." Check it out.