OffroadTreks - 2015 Power Wagon Laramie #RockLander Build

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Re: BoldAdventures 2015 Power Wagon Build

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:38 pm

So, you bought your truck and immediately put a lift on it. How cute. :poke:

Let me highlight what a stock Power Wagon with a good spotter and proper technic can do, that will rival that of most Jeeps.

This was all done back in May throughout Moab in our stock (except for exhaust) at the time 2015 Ram Power Wagon.

HIGHLIGHTS

Here's my stock Power Wagon (driven by my wife), doing Hell's Gate on Hell's Revenge in Moab:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feGGhzRiNk

This is me doing the V Notch on Poison Spider Mesa Trail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ESojiZub4A

This is me doing THE SQUEEZE otherwise known as the Devil's Pocket on Elephant Hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6Lu0RqY70

Wife drives Baby Lion's Back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQYBE8eYwck

We drove the TOP OF THE WORLD trail in Moab as well. Very popular Jeep trail during the Easter Jeep Safari

MORE HIGHLIGHTS

Anyways, don't want to bore you too much with all my photos. :cheers:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

No major changes, but I added another decal.

Maybe next year I'll redo the list so this looks like less of a mess. But hopefully, it explains the "list" properly.

-------
------

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:02 pm

We bought a house. :P

-------
------

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Been slow on updates with a lot going on. Bumper is still in progress and will hopefully arrive before Moab event, but Kye sent me a progress pic.

In the meantime, truck needs new brakes, I've used Power Stop and Hawk in the past. But the reviews from others who tow made me nervous. So Severe Duty Wagners for now. Also picked up an AEV raised Air intake and Dodge Offroad Steering Brace.

Hope to get some things done this weekend. :popcorn:
Attachments
stuff-for-truck.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Last edited by OffroadTreks on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------
------

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:47 pm

I was just going to use my Air Saw like the directions say. I'd rather not mess with a 6 inch hole saw. The biggest I have is 4.5 inches anyways.
-------
------

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:28 pm

AEV Raised Air Ram intake install

The setup ....

No turning back now

Completed install
-------
------

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm

In preparation for our trip to Moab, I've been catching up on some things for the truck. My RamBoxes have been a little disorganized now for some time. So I purchased the Mopar RamBox Cargo Management system. I had it on my previous Ram 1500 and have been meaning to pick it up for some time now. Becuase I use my Ram Boxes like crazy, it's very useful.

Going, to be honest here though. I really feel like this should be standard, or included from RAM when you buy a truck with the RamBox option. I don't understand how it's a dealer "extra". I can see excluding it from a Tradesman, but I have a Laramie.

Anyways, some pictures:

https://youtu.be/pVTrbtsfgRA

Also picked up two TEKTON tire gauges. The one I have now is garbage. Why two? Well, I setup my onboard air so that the wife and I can each air up a side of the truck at the same time. This saves time naturally.

-------
------

Hammerballs
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Hammerballs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

There you go costing me money again MikeKey. I didn't even know that existed and my RamBoxes are a huge cluster f#ck! Is there a best place to purchase it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
2016 Laramie Power Wagon

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Hammerballs wrote:There you go costing me money again MikeKey. I didn't even know that existed and my RamBoxes are a huge cluster f#ck! Is there a best place to purchase it?
Sadly the price is consistent from what I've seen. Amazon is free shipping, so it won my vote this time around. :cheers:

Picture of the old truck, I haven't put anything back into the PW, since I'm reorganizing stuff. But it's really handy, especially if you use the boxes a lot. Worth the money man. :cheers:

-------
------

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 am

Ive been eyeballing that setup for a while, just wasnt sure if it was worth the money. Thanks for the pics/video/opinion!

I would still love to see your onboard air setup(s)!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 am

olyelr wrote:Ive been eyeballing that setup for a while, just wasnt sure if it was worth the money. Thanks for the pics/video/opinion!

I would still love to see your onboard air setup(s)!
I'll take a picture shortly, redoing it this weekend. Just ordered a few more pieces.

As for "worth the money" it's a little overpriced for what it is. But it's worth having, IMO. :D
-------
------

nhfd21348
Model Year: 2014

Post by nhfd21348 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

MikeKey wrote:Thanks. :cheers: I'll post LOTS of photos and my thoughts when it does show up.
Thanks, Love what you are doing to the truck and have done so far. Fingers crossed the bumper will be up to par for Moab can't wait to see it.
2016 Power Wagon Laramie, Maximum Steel. Mods installed are White Knuckle Steps and factory rubber mud flaps and Blue LED response lights.

2011TXPowerWagon
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by 2011TXPowerWagon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I really wish I had held out and purchased a power wagon that has ramboxes. I love the functionality of them, it just makes sense. All trucks should have them.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

-George Bernard Shaw

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 pm

So, onboard Air. I never fully finished this project. And we're leaving for Moab in only 5 more days. So I wanted to tackle this.

Last year, I ended up loaning our compressors a few times to help others. This got me thinking about not having a permanently mounted setup. But something I can easily move around, and share with a group if needed.

What I decided to do was to recreate with wood (for speed) one of the RamBox inner compartment lids, and mount my two compressors on it. I also added a fan which I'm wiring in line to the two compressors. This is a 140mm fan and should help keep them cool when in use. Hopefully. :idea:

Anyways, it's really secure, I have two airlines, and can do both sides of the truck at once. Or if we wanted, I can lift it out of the rambox, take it over to someone else's truck, and connect to their battery. Boom, bang, go.

This will function for now, until later when I do something more permanent. :cheers:
-------
------

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 pm

How do you power them when they are in your rambox?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:28 pm

olyelr wrote:How do you power them when they are in your rambox?
Anderson connectors with a hard line ran to the Rambox. It's all kinda ghetto rigged right now, a temporary solution at best. But functional. :D
-------
------

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 am

I really like where you're headed with the air compressor project, makes me wish for ramboxes on my 3rd gen lol.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Picked up the MYFAK (Pro Level) from the American & veteran owned @mymedic10 - While I usually piece together our own kits, there's something to be said for being able to buy a great kit fully stocked and ready to use. And with our Moab trip coming up, we needed something in a hurry.

The MyFak is similar to the IFAK kit currently issued to Marines but in a civilianized version. It easily converts from kitfrom vehicle to foot travel if needed and stows easily.

Having your kit accessible is critical. This Velcro tear away style mounting on a vehicle headrest is brilliant. Easily grabbed from inside while seated or from outside the vehicle. And I'm a big proponent of not having hard cases loose inside the vehicle in case of an accident - soft cases are preferred for all the obvious reasons.

So yeah, I like the bag and the size but it's what's inside that counts right? Here's the scoop (premium contents listed, MSRP $169.95). You can buy the empty bag by itself for $29.99 but it's well worth the price to buy it stocked and ready to go.
-------
------

Shaved Ice
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Shaved Ice » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 am

MikeKey wrote:So, onboard Air. I never fully finished this project. And we're leaving for Moab in only 5 more days. So I wanted to tackle this.

Last year, I ended up loaning our compressors a few times to help others. This got me thinking about not having a permanently mounted setup. But something I can easily move around, and share with a group if needed.

What I decided to do was to recreate with wood (for speed) one of the RamBox inner compartment lids, and mount my two compressors on it. I also added a fan which I'm wiring in line to the two compressors. This is a 140mm fan and should help keep them cool when in use. Hopefully. :idea:

Anyways, it's really secure, I have two airlines, and can do both sides of the truck at once. Or if we wanted, I can lift it out of the rambox, take it over to someone else's truck, and connect to their battery. Boom, bang, go.

This will function for now, until later when I do something more permanent. :cheers:
Great write up. I have been thinking about mounting a power inverter in my Rambox and your post helped. Along with make me want onboard air. :drool:
2017 Power Wagon
Laramie
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders

2007 Power Wagon (sold)

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 am

I was checking out that my medic bag. Nice setup. I have 3 kits in my truck for work but not quite packaged as well. But I have an eye wash. Add that to your kit. You have no idea how often you need it. I have 2 of these in the truck at all times. https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/pro ... rchResults
Spray can. They work very well.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:49 am

That eye wash seems like a good idea. I've never seen that before. On the fire department we used a half quart bottle of saline solution and rest the person on their back. I put a big list together to order through Chinook Medical and forgot to order it :doh: my kit is a mix of basic stuff and straight life-or-death stuff. I kind of skipped everything inbetween... Either you're getting a snoopy bandaid or I'm starting an airway on you lol

Living the good life... Going day by day on Cheez-Its and Coors

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 am

nts007 wrote:I was checking out that my medic bag. Nice setup. I have 3 kits in my truck for work but not quite packaged as well. But I have an eye wash. Add that to your kit. You have no idea how often you need it. I have 2 of these in the truck at all times. https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/pro ... rchResults
Spray can. They work very well.
Great idea. Last year I got a piece of random metal shaving in my eye, and had to go to an eye doctor to get it removed. :cheers: Our old kit had so much expired stuff and we've used up a lot of the bandages over the last two years and wipes and things. Good reminder to check your kits at intervals and replace items as needed.
-------
------

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 pm

I threw an Adventure Medical Grizzly edition in my rambox.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:51 pm

I am loving this new bumper

-------
------

Hammerballs
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Hammerballs » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:40 pm

What do you think MikeKey, any plausible way of drilling the holes to mount the six front Park Sense sensors?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
2016 Laramie Power Wagon