New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tires.

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tires.

Post by TwinStick » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Wifey's new ride.

Made the commitment yesterday. 2017 4Runner, SuperWhite color, TRD Off-Road Premium pkg, running boards, rear cargo cover, heated seats, KDSS, no 3rd row seating, no moon roof. 10 yr, 125,000 mile warranty- everything except wear items, (also includes undercoating & re-applying every year for the entire 10 years, (yes, they use Fluid Film, lol), towing, rental car, trip interruption, upholstery guard, key loss, key replacement, locked out is also covered & some other stuff I'm forgetting. They tried to search for one & found a bunch but none of the dealers would trade with them, so they had to order one to be built. He also said earlier in the year, you could order a Premium without the KDSS, but now it will not let him order one like we want without the KDSS. He also said 90% of ones deals had on the lots like we want have moon roofs. That was a deal breaker for us, no moon roof wanted. Not sure how much of all that is BS or not. Not much dealing on the Yoda's around here. After some haggling, they knocked $1390 off the price of the vehicle and I got the warranty down from $1999 to $1000. That is the best they would do. Good bad or otherwise, the deal is done. He said mid June approximately. If I wanted a TRD Pro, wait time was 12-14 months ! :jawdrop:

Fixing and keeping the Corolla for our beater. Parts arrived today. Will get busy when weather is nice again. :cheers: Retirement Party Tonight :cheers: I never had one, didn't want one. The fellow employee's/assholes I worked with were part of the reason I retired. I hated them, certainly didn't want to have a party with them.

IT IS TRUE............
Now that I'm retired, i don't know how i found time to work. Still gotta get to the range & fire my Springfield. :doh:
Last edited by TwinStick on Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re: New "Yoda in our future......

Post by Colibri » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Congratulations sir, I hope it gives you and your wife many trouble free miles :rockon:
I've always had a soft spot for toyotas, still have an 85 that gets flogged mercilessly at the track
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm a little jealous, I love the new 4Runner body style. Congratulations Twin!

Sent from my safe space

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:39 pm

congrats.....seems we work with the same folks...ny thing i guess

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks.

I tried hard to get her to think about Tacoma, but she said no. So now, the PW's gotta last at least 7 more years. Not sure if the 4Runner will tow our camper or not. Time will tell. I will probably have to replace the rear coil springs with HD ones, at a minimum. It will also give me some time to see if we will be able to afford trucks that I like & 7 years for them to work some of the problems out. My dealer still has that plain white, PW out front. We drove by there on the way home tonight & wife saw it & commented that it was a gorgeous
looking truck.

My current thoughts right now: PW, ZR-2, 1/2 ton diesel, full sized diesel ---all depending on price, our health & whatnot. Still got shit to do on the truck before cross country trips as well. Track bar bushings. I'd like to drive to a few places & have them do some stuff too. New steering gearbox & HD steering setup w/heim joints.

Lots to do.

fbenross
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by fbenross » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:09 pm

:rockon:
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm

:angry: So, I put the car up on ramps in the driveway. Got all the bolts out except for one. Can't get it out because it hits the engine---on both sides. :angry: Starting in 2009, they made them so the owner can't replace that simple part. Have to unbolt the engine & lift it up, or unbolt the entire lower structure. So now my $107.00 job is turning into a $600 job, because i don't have a lift & giant trans jack. :angry: :wtf: Even Toyota's have been "Americanized" . :winchmob: Does NOT approve of this shit.

On the plus side, I was able to change out my headlight bulbs in the truck today---after an hour of wondering why the hell the new ones just wont fit. Turns out the new Silverstar Ultra's come with a white rubber gasket. It fell off & I didn't even know it, then it went in just fine. Must be the gasket makes them fit 10 other models because it was not needed for mine & would not go in with them. They fit tight, no wiggle, so i guess they are good. Nothing on the package said anything about the white rubber gasket. In today's world, I guess being able to change your own headlight bulbs is considered a win. :doh: Got the garden tilled up, lawn mowed, changed the oil in the mower & tiller.

Also, checked out the "1 year Mobil 1 oil" today at w-mart. $50.00 for 5 qts !!! :wtf: 15,000 mile oil is $25.00, so.....double the price for an extra 5000 miles ???????? :sick:

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Congrats, but I thought you were converging on another two wagons, one driveway situation...too bad ;)
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

TruckerZoom

Post by TruckerZoom » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 am

congrats. that's a nice ride for the wifey

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:37 am

Congrats, but I thought you were converging on another two wagons, one driveway situation...too bad ;)

Not out of the picture once the Yoda is paid off. Just more years down the road. :lol:

Thanks

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat May 06, 2017 7:31 pm

I'm thinking the first mod is going to be a big transmission oil cooler (or a bigger one if it already has one). Been doing some reading up on them. It seems that if you load it up good or tow, then the trans gets too hot. If not, it's fine. I think it has the cooler in the bottom of radiator.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon May 08, 2017 4:28 pm

OK, I was wrong.

Tires are the first mod. Cooper ST/MAXX go on Wednesday. :lol:

TwinStick

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics !

Post by TwinStick » Mon May 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Need to schedule an entire day or 3 to figure out all the info-tainment bullshit on this thing. It actually talks to you ! I asked the salesman: what if I don't want it to talk to me---Can I tell it to fuck off ? And, will it reply in a soft stress free womans voice---Ok, fucking off now ? :rofl: He started laughing so hard, he was crying ! :rofl:

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Hahahahaha looks great!
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon May 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Happy Yodaling to you. :lol: I see you have a Sears 4 Square across the street. That's an old neighborhood. :D
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks, my LED lights are on hold, now that I spent $820 on new tires for the Yoda..

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm

TwinStick wrote:Thanks, my LED lights are on hold, now that I spent $820 on new tires for the Yoda..
TRD Off-Road Premium pkg didn't come with suitable tires? :popcorn:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon May 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Nope, not for me anyways. I'm a farm boy from way back, so.......they look like street tires to me. Cooper Discovery ST/Maxx are what i consider a decent A/T tire. Plus the E load range should really come into play when towing our camper.............if we ever get it back.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Cheap ass WWorld front seat covers went on today.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Tires are on. Cooper Discovery ST Maxx, 265/70/17 E. We went to pick it up & it wasn't done yet, so we sat down. No sooner, guy from garage comes in & say a wheel stud broke off while hand torquing it to 81 ft lbs. So, I went right to the Toyota Dealership. Our salesman was off today. So the lady service writer looks at me & says "so, what do you want us to do ? We didn't break it." I just laughed, an evil laugh, with an evil look to go along with it. She took a step back & said let me go get someone. She left & came back with a desk jockey. He looked at the broken stud i gave her, held it up to his eye & scrutinized it hard. My anger was building. Then he says...........Yeah, this was obviously done with an impact wrench when they were tightening it, so go back & see them. They broke it, they fix it, pretty simple he said to me in a sarcastic manner. From that point, it was on like Donkey Kong. I snatched back the wheel stud from him without asking & walked right into his empty office & was looking around at the walls. He said what are you looking for. I told him i was looking for his engineering degree, because you obviously must have one if you can diagnose a failure so quickly & why & how it was broke. He said I don't have one. I said NO SHIT SHERLOCK !!! I WAS WATCHING HIM WHEN IT BROKE & HE WAS HAND TIGHTENING IT WITH A TORQUE WRENCH SET AT 81 FT LBS !!! NOT WITH AN IMPACT WRENCH. So I told them to fix it & charge the tire shop, I don't care. I just want it fixed. Work it out with them or you can keep the 4Runner. 45 minutes later, I was driving out with a new wheel stud. I told them I think it was a bad heat treat. Hope they are not all like that.

I really don't know what it is with dealers around here, they all seem to be assholes once the sale is made---except for the Subaru dealer. They are the best. Coffee, snacks, cold water bottles, cold soda---all free of charge. They also offered to take my daughter to college or work if she had to be somewhere while her car was being worked on. If it says it's covered, it's covered, they don't try to weasel out of it & make you pay, they tell you, oh no, that's covered at no charge to you. She got free wiper blades & free rotors once, all under warranty.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: New "Yoda in our future......New vehicle Pics ! New tire

Post by Bill2014 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Better not tow ANYTHING with those weak-ass wheel studs. :poke:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:34 pm

I put a set of those cooper St maxx's on the wife's jeep. Studded of course. Were excellent in winter and on ice. The jeep was too light to be really stable on gravel and it pulled a bit but nothing unbearable. Traction was excellent in loose dirt and muck. Had them on the cummins too and liked them very much for an aggressive all terrain. You may have to air them down a lot for normal driving. I had the jeeps down to 30lbs and they were just right
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 am

Put the 50qt ARB in the back of the Yoda' yesterday, plugged it into the 120v outlet & turned the inverter on. In less than 30 min it was at 31*F. Took my mom to the Amish bulk food store and then to Niagara Produce, food shopping. It worked like a champ. Mom thought that was the neatest thing since sliced bread ! :lol:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu May 18, 2017 7:03 pm

So, today, we get a call on our answering machine, it was our Toyota salesman. He said he was wanting to know why we gave him a bad evaluation ??? So, we jumped into the 4Runner & went to the dealer. We asked him WhoTF said we gave him a bad evaluation ? He said the guys name. We told him that was total BS, we gave him all 9's out of 10's. How the F**k can that be considered bad ? So, while we were talking to him outside & he was admiring the new tires, that guy came back & the salesman called him over. I asked him point blank, how the f**k does all 9's out of 10's translate into a bad evaluation ? He started with some long drawn out bullshit & i just put my hand up & stopped him. Told him that the entire evaluation is total horseshit if you think all 9's out of 10's is considered bad. I told him you owe our salesman an apology because ours was NOT a bad evaluation at all. We had no problems at all. So then he tries to save face by saying "we strive to get all 10's out of 10's". I said "well, wouldn't we all like to get all 10's out of 10's, but you sir, are a total dick if you told him we gave him a bad evaluation, & while we are talking evaluations, you get a double F, for Fucking Failure as a boss." He then said I wasn't very nice & i told him i don't have to be nice anymore, I'm retired." I call it like i see it & if you ever want us to ever buy a car here again, get to apologizing to our salesman. He apologized to him, in front of us and apologized to us. We shook hands & he went inside. Our salesman was laughing & shook my hand & said that I said what he has been wanting to say, but can't, cause he needs his job. I said i hope you don't get in trouble, he said how can i, i didn't say any of that stuff, you did. Then we left. Soooooo happy we are retired now. The world is full of dickheads. :lol:

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm

That was hilarious shit. :lol: I'm not sure it's the dealer that is being the a*hole from reading the description of your story. You should consider anger management dude. Seriously, not good for your health at your age. :mrgreen:

Although, stealerships are pretty damn slimy.
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures