Springfield XD Mod.2, 3" 9mm sub-compact Now w/MORE Pics

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Re: Springfield XD Mod.2, 3" 9mm sub-compact Now w/Pics

Post by TwinStick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:47 pm

I heard absolutely NOTHING about it on tv local news or world news.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:40 am

Up here you basically make the purchase and then wait for a permit to transport from the chief firearms officer. Now you have to have a restricted license and the transport permit if only good from the store to home. But then home to a certified range and then home. And that's it. By most direct route of course. It can take a day to get authorization sometimes but if you call in while waiting it can be under a couple hours just dont call at lunch time.

There is no carry here of any kind
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:24 am

Nice of them to remind you which end to hold onto!
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 pm

nts007 wrote:Up here you basically make the purchase and then wait for a permit to transport from the chief firearms officer. Now you have to have a restricted license and the transport permit if only good from the store to home. But then home to a certified range and then home. And that's it. By most direct route of course. It can take a day to get authorization sometimes but if you call in while waiting it can be under a couple hours just dont call at lunch time.

Thats even more messed up than Cali or NY. I bet Cpl. Nathan Cirillo wished he had the right to carry for personal protection !

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/ ... r-memorial

Finally was able to send in the paperwork for my "Gear Up" rebate. Tried to do it online, what a PITFA for me. Tried for 2 days, everytime i got to the upload a pic of receipt part, it wouldn't let me do that. Tried on my phone as well. Ended up calling Springfield. First time, the lady was pretty snippy. Second time, i got a nice woman who walked me through the process of downloading & printing a copy, making copies with my printer. She was awesome. Mailed it all out today. Certified, return receipt. :rockon:

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:19 pm

TwinStick wrote:
nts007 wrote:Up here you basically make the purchase and then wait for a permit to transport from the chief firearms officer. Now you have to have a restricted license and the transport permit if only good from the store to home. But then home to a certified range and then home. And that's it. By most direct route of course. It can take a day to get authorization sometimes but if you call in while waiting it can be under a couple hours just dont call at lunch time.

Thats even more messed up than Cali or NY. I bet Cpl. Nathan Cirillo wished he had the right to carry for personal protection !

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/ ... r-memorial

Finally was able to send in the paperwork for my "Gear Up" rebate. Tried to do it online, what a PITFA for me. Tried for 2 days, everytime i got to the upload a pic of receipt part, it wouldn't let me do that. Tried on my phone as well. Ended up calling Springfield. First time, the lady was pretty snippy. Second time, i got a nice woman who walked me through the process of downloading & printing a copy, making copies with my printer. She was awesome. Mailed it all out today. Certified, return receipt. :rockon:
Yea twin there is a lot of bullshit
There is a farmer who was charged with second degree murder for defending his home and shooting one of the assailants. Call 911 and maybe they will be there in an hour. It's big news in court right now. The kid shot was Indian and the media has been extremely one sided. It's gone from some make believe story where the kids were out swimming in a river heading home got a flat and pulled into a farmers yard for help only to be struck with a shower of bullets. And now the truth has come more and more out where these kids were nowhere near swimming and had in fact robbed one or two other farms had a broken rifle they had tried to break into a truck with and when they came to this farmers place they tried to run over his son and attacked his wife. He fired warning shots and then shot one of them.
This is how the news spins it
http://cjme.com/article/1218247/prelimi ... m-shooting

http://cjme.com/article/1218762/prelimi ... oting-case

It's pretty bad. I stand with that farmer. In my mind he did what he had to. And so far it's all one sided because they are afraid of racisim and repercussion Bla Bla Bla. You come onto my property and I don't care what colour you are and threaten my family then I too would be in this farmers place. What else can you do
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:42 pm

You guys need a castle doctrine.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 am

Low_Sky wrote:Nice of them to remind you which end to hold onto!
Springfield understands it's demographic.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:26 am

RustyPW wrote:You guys need a castle doctrine.
Technically California had a Castle doctrine. Not sure how much help that actually does.

Sent from my safe space

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by nts007 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:27 am

At least we don't need a "bullet button" on the mag release on our ar's lol

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:40 pm

"Just Holster It" ----- https://justholsterit.com/shop/

What an awesome holster they make & an awesome LOCAL company to deal with. So, I went looking for holsters today for the new XD. Really liked this one: https://justholsterit.com/product/hybri ... -holsters/ So, i ordered it, it was about 1:30pm. The owner drove my order to my gun shop, who called me at 5:30pm. I drove in & picked it up. This is an Inside the waistband (with the metal clips on), an Outside the waistband (with clips removed), and your belt can be worn behind the gun through the slots, or also around the gun (for even more security if desired). The leather is really thick. And, for another $21.00, I also ordered a shell for my Beretta 92FS. I can use the same holster for both guns (just remove the 4 screws & replace with the Beretta shell). I am gonna take a drive there sometime soon & purchase a belt as well. I have not seen that kind of customer service in a LONG time. Just thought they deserved a shout-out. There is 1 bad review online, but based on all the people I talked to today, that one guy was probably an ass. They said the owner is such a nice guy & his dad also, that it helped them make the decision to carry their product, & the fact that their products work well.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:00 am

Drove out there this morning & picked up a nice thick gun belt. He punched in the holes while i waited. Great guy, great service.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Well............................did you shoot it yet?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Nope, not yet, got lots going on, with higher priorities. Death in the wife's family. Corolla is making a couple of different horrible clunking sounds---I diagnosed it as a combo problem. Worn out, & cracked sway bar bushings and worn out & cracked lower control arm bushings. I could watch them move when she put it in gear, let it roll about 3" & hit the brakes hard, both in forward and revers. Parts are ordered & on their way. Gotta love RockAuto.com ! I am gonna attempt to do this myself---AFTER she retires on Friday. Then I can take my time & go at my own pace, with no time restraints.

Wife told me she wanted to look at a Toyota 4Runner after the funeral today. So, we went, we got a brochure, we test drove one. She LOVED it. More than the Subi Outback. She said she liked the fact that you sit up higher & it still has body on frame design. I priced the parts for the Corolla while i was there !!! :jawdrop: $13 each for the sway bar bushings only ! I got both sway bar bushings, the metal housings & 4 new bolts for $9.98, from RA.com. Also got 2 complete lower control arms for $36.98 each from RA.com, dealer wanted $156.00 each ! :jawdrop: So $350+ from the dealer, & 700+ for parts & labor, or $107.00+ shipped to my door & I/we do the work. :rockon:

He looked up the TRD Pro for us, it seemed dismal. He said only 12 between NY, NJ & PA. All had deposits on them except for 3. No choice on color, no choice on options, no dicker on price. If we order one, current times are 12 months for delivery & cement color only. So, maybe a reg TRD w/rear locker in our future ? Maybe a lift after it is paid off ?

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 pm

FINALLY, I got a chance to shoot the new pistol. Boy, sure can tell it's been awhile for me. Love the gun. No misfires. 50 rds fired. Note: when i practice, it is NOT from a bench. Shortest bench at our range is 25 yds. I feel that, that is way too far for reality. Most people actually use their pistols for self defense at 7 yds or less, many times MUCH less. Which is why i also try to practice point shooting, meaning no sights at all. Pull it out, level it & fire. Not pretty but here they are.

^^^^^This is from about 7 yds, 10 rds,10 rds, 5 rds, 5 rds, using the extended grip magazine, drawing from the holster & firing as fast as i can while trying to continue to hit the target. 30 rds total to this target.

^^^^^This is also from about 7 yds, 10 rds, 5 rds, 5 rds, using the short magazine, drawing from the holster & firing as fast as i can while trying to continue to hit the target. 20 rds total.

There are 3 flyers but all 50 hit the cardboard. Nice gun. Just in the 50 rds i fired, it felt much better at the end.

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Springfield XD Mod.2, 3" 9mm sub-compact Now w/MORE Pics

Post by w2dodge » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:12 pm

that will kill..!!!

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:08 pm

All shots on paper. That is a dead piece of paper. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes it will. But that"s pretty bad for me. I'm thinking much more practice is in order. Maybe i am just getting older & won't get better, IDK ? :lol: It actually was better for me the faster i shot it. :lol: I used to get bitched at every single year at work when at the range. Back in 1988, they gave us 1 minute to fire 6 rds from 25 yds, 15 yds & 7 yds. then, 2 minutes to fire 6 rds, empty, reload & fire 6 more. It was horseshit, totally unrealistic. So, i would pull, fire 6 rds fast, reload & fire 6 more, before most were done with the first 6. S&W M10 4" Heavy barrel revolver, made before I was born. One year, I shot a 299 out of 300. 48 rds total. They said i could have shot a 300 if i went slow. Maybe but most gun fights are over in a few seconds. And, no way no how would I have ever shot an inmate, unless they were going after one of us. If they were escaping, I'd let em go. That would be automatic termination at the place i worked. It sure is funny how everyone, including all the ones in charge & higher ups, think female inmates are different & should be treated different. They are the same or worse, because most people just don't believe that someone that smiles & giggles & "seems so nice" could possibly have done what they were sent to prison for. Those fuckers make me sick :sick: . Hell, there was even a large group of Female only Judges that came into the prison & went everywhere AND---if you can believe this: handed out a yearly calendar book, complete with maps, phone #'s of local taxi's that went right to the airport, phone #'s of Female Judges that would look into their cases "pro-bono". I confiscated all 64 in my block, wrote it up & turned it in. By the time i got to work the next day, they had them all back & I got an ass chewing for doing my job. And almost got locked out without pay because i asked the Head Security person.... :wtf: has happened to this place & you in particular ? I knew right then, retirement was in my future. :lol:

So, from that day forward, every single time a supervisor came into my block & pointed out something that was wrong----I would say just like the commercial on TV. "Why don't you do something ?" I'd say- Oh, I'm not a Corrections Officer....I am a "Corrections Monitor", I just monitor when there is a problem. Then I would look right at them & say..."There's a problem."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_25zgKdqI0

:rofl: They would look at me with disgust, sign my log book & leave ! :rofl:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm

So, seems as if we have been living in car dealerships lately. My son took delivery of his first new car- a 2017 Subaru Impreza 5 door hatchback today, in silver. Sold his 2004 Corolla for $1500.00. His new car was Fluid filmed at the dealer but the person who did it must have had is spray gun set on the CHEAP ASS MOTHER FUCKER setting ! :lol: No kidding, i can sneeze more snot than was on that car. So, i re did the engine compartment & used 1/3 of a qt. I will re do the rest when the weather gets better, & he stops back by. Pick up wifes new 4Runner on Monday.

So, anyways, I get home today (it has been pouring rain all day & still was) & find a small cardboard box on the back porch. No protection at all. It was friggin soaked. My finger poked right through the side when i picked it up. It was my 4 free magazines, 2 mag belt holder & holster for the Springfield. I wish i knew who delivered it, I would call & bitch. There is a USPS sticker & tracking # on the box but the receipt says shipped Fed-Ex. :wtf:

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Sun May 14, 2017 12:24 pm

The package originated with FedEx, and got handed off to USPS for final delivery to your home. Cheaper for Springfield than normal FedEx without having to deal with the USPS directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

Hodgepodge
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Hodgepodge » Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

I have this exact gun in the 45 and 9mm, my wife uses the 9mm as her LTC, I carry the 45, love them both.

Good luck!

Kiah :lockedandloaded:
Hodgepodge, Klein, Texas
Retired USAF, Huntin/Fishin guide
Owner operator at HookinUpVeteran's
2016 RAM PowerWagon
37” Toyo Open Country MTs
Amp side steps

13BlkPowerWagon
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by 13BlkPowerWagon » Tue May 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Nice gun. I just picked up a Sig P938 as an EDC option. Keep going between a Mod 2 and the XDs for another option. I used to be 6'1" and about 235#, so I could conceal just about anything... Now I'm 6'1" and 180#... IWB carry gets a bit tougher when you're trimmer...

I like the Mod 2, but the extra thickness makes it bulgy in the waistband. I want bulgy, but not above my back pocket...

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue May 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Tucks in pretty good if you got a fat stomach like me, LOL :lol:

I just ordered 3 of these for my "shorty mags". http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Spri ... PG-MOD2FDE So, i can get a good 3 finger grip. :rockon:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Just got my Pearce Grip Inc gripe extensions. Just what the Dr. ordered, they make a world of difference to me.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Mon May 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Pretty pinkies. :lol:

I have a hard time with short grips. Little finger most times is under the mag.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:16 pm

So, here is an update on my holsters, from " justholsterit.com " . They have loosened up over time & EDC wear. To the point where i was no longer diggin them. So, the other night when I couldn't sleep, i took em out & pondered how to improve them. So, i determined the barrel nut was too long & barrel screw was bottoming out on it, so you could not tighten it up anymore. So, I reduced the length of the barrel nuts by half, on my belt sander. It was MUCH better & worked, but i didn't want to go any shorter---thinking the threads may not hold if i did. I also noticed the head of the barrel nus were being depressed into the leather quite a bit & wondered: if they loosened up any more, what else could i do ? So, I also used some fender washers. That also did the trick & now, no more worries about them being depressed into the leather. It was a simple, fun but time consuming fix for the 2 holsters (other one is for the Beretta 92FS).

Also, over time & wear, I noticed the leather (which is very thick) was making contact with the magazine release. Not acceptable to me. So, I sharpened up my razor blade in my razor knife & got to it. Re-trimmed the leather, smoothed the edges on the sander & now I am good to go. Just gotta get everything exactly where I want it & use some blue lock-tite on the barrel screw threads. Still love the holsters. :rockon: