New taxes in Cali!

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

New taxes in Cali!

Post by RustyPW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Feel bad you guys in Cali. New gas and vehicle taxes. 43% gas and 141% vehicle! :jawdrop: Have to increase to pay for the boarder crossers.
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: New taxes in Cali!

Post by Ducky's Dad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am

We are governed by the criminally insane.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 pm

This is just the first step, by 1 state. NY is right behind them, as is every other state. I have been saying for years, that it is clear to me, they are forcing the US to civil unrest, on a MASSIVE SCALE. United we stand, divided we fall. Nobody wins except the uber elite. :sick:

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Glad we're leaving! I remember when they made it legal for illegals to get drivers licenses. I went to register my trailer that week. With an appointment, it took me 11 hours at the DMV to register. There were Mexicans there by the droves, all day, everywhere. I have been to that DMV many times and it was an order of magnitude above the norm.

It is well known in SoCal that if you get in an accident with an illegal, you're effed. You pay your insurance company and you are at fault, even if they cause the accident. Cops are specifically ordered not to arrest illegals, there's already too many of them in the jails so unless it is a violent crime or a felony there's a good chance they will be let go right there. There are obviously better scenarios where they are arrested, maybe they pay or your insurance leaves it be, but normally your best case scenario is that you pay and hopefully you have uninsured/underinsured coverage. It's totally illegal, but our state has done everything to protect illegals.

It's a weird feeling, I work primarily with Mexicans and the older guys in their 40's-60's hate the younger guys. These older workers had a green card and followed the rules for 5, 10, 20 years before earning citizenship, and they are hard workers. They tried to work on their English. The younger guys don't care, some don't even speak English, feel very entitled, and love illegals. The older Mexicans HATE illegals because they busted their butts to earn a place, and these people break the law yet are treated better for free. Stupid crap. :angry:

Sent from my safe space

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 pm

All the exact same shit is going on in NY as well. I went off at the bank once. I wanted to cash a $4 rebate check. They refused, said I don't have an account there ! I said well, I have been paying you $856 a month for the last 30 God damn years for my mortgage, and you have no problem taking that ! And every friday all the Illegal God damn aliens are lined up out your door and you cash THEIR checks, but you won't cash a $4 friggin rebate check ? I have lived here for 53 God damn years, you tell me no, but tell the Illegals yes ??? :wtf:

I think I am slowly becoming a recluse for reasons like that. :sick:

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:56 pm

The older I get, the more I listen to the crazy old coots. They got that way for a reason, and probably the same reasons a few of us will be that way in the future.

Sent from my safe space

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:21 am

Sent from my safe space

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:35 am

My answer to that. :rofl: :lockedandloaded:
Attachments
Mac 10.jpg
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 am

I hate this effin' state.

Been hit twice by unlicensed, uninsured illegals. First was basically a hit/run. Driver stopped because I was going ape shit alongside her and basically forced her over to the curb. While I phoned the highway patrol, she took off. I had her plate number and gave it the to the cop. Never heard a damn thing, except that my insurance company told me that my uninsured/underinsured rider would not cover me because I could not prove she was uninsured. SHE HAD NO LICENSE. WTF?

Other time, driver pulled over, very apologetic, yada, yada, yada. Gave me name, address etc., but no license and no insurance. When the cop arrived, she gave him a different name, so I tried to take her picture for evidence. She kept ducking behind the cop and the effin' cop told me he would arrest me if I did not cease and desist trying to get a pic. The actual law is that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy when you are in a public place, so cop was totally off base. I worked at the academy training rookie cops for a couple of years so I was pretty sure I was on solid footing. We were on a public sidewalk. When the cop was done with his "report," he sent her on her way, driving the car she was not licensed to drive. I went ape shit again and cop threatened to haul me in. I asked why he wasn't taking her keys, writing a ticket for multiple vehicle code violations, and calling for a tow. All I got was the threat. Cop was Mexican. Public safety officer who showed up was Mexican. Unlicensed driver was Mexican. See a pattern here? That night I went to the station and just ripped into the watch commander for his cop's crappy performance, failure to properly enforce the law, overt threats to me, and lack of comprehension of the law. Watch commander told me he was sorry and they would use this as a "learning experience." His cop was a sergeant and should have known better. Watch commander was a Mexican. All this in a suburb of Los Angeles. This state and most of the local governments are completely out of control. And I still got screwed by my insurance company.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:07 am

I don't think I will ever come back to this state. I'll visit my friends and family, but I cannot afford to live here and other than the scenery, I hate this place. This state does everything it can to put businesses down and take people's money, as if there is a limitless supply and they are always in the right to do so. This place is horrible. If Los Angeles fell off into the ocean the world would be a better place :thumbsup:

Sent from my safe space

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:35 am

The sadder (if that is even a word) thing is: In very short order, it won't matter where you go, what state, how remote, that shit & those illegal people will be everywhere & WE will become the problem. Sometimes I swear the people who want this country to fail & self destruct out number the ones that don't. :sick:

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 pm

what happens in CA doesn't stay in CA unfortunately.

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:35 pm

it gets worse.... free community college thanks to property tax increase. most kids bomb out of college anyway on their dollar as is.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... on-for-all

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:05 pm

MSCH2112 wrote:it gets worse.... free community college thanks to property tax increase. most kids bomb out of college anyway on their dollar as is.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... on-for-all

mike
Seen a piece on that. Sad that most of the kids drop out after about 2 weeks.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 pm

You guys who don't live in the southwest have no idea how bad it is. And California is the worst of the worst.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Ducky's Dad wrote:You guys who don't live in the southwest have no idea how bad it is. And California is the worst of the worst.
Have step-son who lives in Bloomfield NM. Great Boy! He's a Trumpster. :rockon: Wife has relatives in Santa Fe, and Las Vega NM. They're worthless. All Demonicrats (Demonic-rats). :box:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:30 am

You have to move. Its that simple. I'm now at 21yrs in the military + my 4 yrs at West Point, so a full qtr century spent in service, since I was 17, & things are out of control. I've lived all over this country, & CA, NY, & DC are the worst, but not far behind are places like IL, MD, NJ, DE, MA, OR, WA...these states have institutionalized democrats running their state & local govn'ts, populate the educational system, and represent the congress & senate, they've outlawed specific firearms, turn a blind eye to criminal enterprise, advocate for criminals over their victims because of race or national origin, vocally endorse uneven standards and place diversity preeminent above quality, excellence, honor, integrity, and the law. Those states demonize white males & then tax their success into oblivion to pay for their state sponsored social engineering and social justice campaigns. No job, no scenery, no culture, no amount of money is worth my peace, my integrity, or my rights to bear arms..when I retire, it will be freedom, not money or scenery, that dictate my final location.

A man who sacrifices freedom for safety, will be neither free or safe, and will wear the shackles of servitude, beholden to the tyranny of other men. :lockedandloaded:
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:53 am

Amen! You're welcome in Texas anytime sir. I figure we'll be one of the last to go down that road, but I can see it starting here too. We're getting a ton of people from California coming here for our good economy and plentiful jobs and they're bringing their votes with them unfortunately :evil:
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:25 am

adeluca73 wrote:You have to move. Its that simple. I'm now at 21yrs in the military + my 4 yrs at West Point, so a full qtr century spent in service, since I was 17, & things are out of control. I've lived all over this country, & CA, NY, & DC are the worst, but not far behind are places like IL, MD, NJ, DE, MA, OR, WA...these states have institutionalized democrats running their state & local govn'ts, populate the educational system, and represent the congress & senate, they've outlawed specific firearms, turn a blind eye to criminal enterprise, advocate for criminals over their victims because of race or national origin, vocally endorse uneven standards and place diversity preeminent above quality, excellence, honor, integrity, and the law. Those states demonize white males & then tax their success into oblivion to pay for their state sponsored social engineering and social justice campaigns. No job, no scenery, no culture, no amount of money is worth my peace, my integrity, or my rights to bear arms..when I retire, it will be freedom, not money or scenery, that dictate my final location.

A man who sacrifices freedom for safety, will be neither free or safe, and will wear the shackles of servitude, beholden to the tyranny of other men. :lockedandloaded:
A minor point of correction, Oregon doesn't have any specifically banned firearms. We have a goofy transfer law but aside from that we enjoy full Title 1 and Title 2 firearms. There are a couple of Republican strongholds with worse gun laws than Oregon. Everything else you said though...

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

adeluca73 wrote:You have to move. Its that simple. I'm now at 21yrs in the military + my 4 yrs at West Point, so a full qtr century spent in service, since I was 17, & things are out of control. I've lived all over this country, & CA, NY, & DC are the worst, but not far behind are places like IL, MD, NJ, DE, MA, OR, WA...these states have institutionalized democrats running their state & local govn'ts, populate the educational system, and represent the congress & senate, they've outlawed specific firearms, turn a blind eye to criminal enterprise, advocate for criminals over their victims because of race or national origin, vocally endorse uneven standards and place diversity preeminent above quality, excellence, honor, integrity, and the law. Those states demonize white males & then tax their success into oblivion to pay for their state sponsored social engineering and social justice campaigns. No job, no scenery, no culture, no amount of money is worth my peace, my integrity, or my rights to bear arms..when I retire, it will be freedom, not money or scenery, that dictate my final location.

Good post! :rockon:

In Pa, we have good so far. No restrictions on guns and magazine capacity. Twinsticky needs to move here. No taxes on retirement money. Just stay away from Philly, "The City of Brothers on Drugs". The city past a tax on soda drinks. $00.1.5 per oz. So for a 20oz. drink. You will pay an extra .30. Buy a 10 pack. That's an extra $3.00. :cash:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm

In NY, prisoners also used to get free college. People were outraged ( :secret: NOT saying I had anything to do with that ! ;)) when they found out, & bitched & complained, so they stopped it for a while. Now, Cuomo is or already has approved it again & is also pushing for free college for everyone who wants it. Of course this is all AFTER MY KIDS already have :cash: $35,000 & $20,000 in student loans. :cash:

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:28 pm

I pay no state taxes on my retirement either---at least not yet. We do have to pay Federal tax but you have to pay that everywhere, even Pa.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Problem is, where do you move when it is everywhere ? It is nice to say or think these things, but sooner or later, resistance is futile for little people like us. All that has to be done is: Withholding of Federal subsidy money if you don't comply with whatever they are trying to force down our throats. Sounds easy to say "whoopty-do-go-right-ahead !" But when schools, hospitals start closing & social services get cut, people complain & bitch to their elected officials & if that don't work, they twist it around to be "discriminatory" for one reason or another, wheather it is race, gender, religious beliefs, age, Illegal Aliens. etc... , there is no shortage of people like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, to step in & stir the pot & take it to the next level. No one wants to admit it but we all know that is the case. We have seen it, over & over & over again. Hell, now there is even a show on tv called "when we rise".

I am waiting for the sequel to that, called: "When we have had enough", or "When the people revolt". :lol:

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:28 am

TwinStick wrote:Problem is, where do you move when it is everywhere ? It is nice to say or think these things, but sooner or later, resistance is futile for little people like us. All that has to be done is: Withholding of Federal subsidy money if you don't comply with whatever they are trying to force down our throats. Sounds easy to say "whoopty-do-go-right-ahead !" But when schools, hospitals start closing & social services get cut, people complain & bitch to their elected officials & if that don't work, they twist it around to be "discriminatory" for one reason or another, wheather it is race, gender, religious beliefs, age, Illegal Aliens. etc... , there is no shortage of people like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, to step in & stir the pot & take it to the next level. No one wants to admit it but we all know that is the case. We have seen it, over & over & over again. Hell, now there is even a show on tv called "when we rise".

I am waiting for the sequel to that, called: "When we have had enough", or "When the people revolt". :lol:
Reloader brother: my post was a genetic rant, sorry if I implied everyone of those states banned certain firearms or restricted capacities, I meant generally...CO should be on that list too. But as beautiful as OR is, and I'd love to live there, taxes & unbridled liberalism make it a no go for me.

Twin, for me, I believe you have to make a stand. We have to do something, and moving is one ic the strongest indicators of a citizen's dissatisfaction with a State's policies. I love NY, I loved my 4 yrs living there in college, I was even offered a job by a company on Long Island (Islip) when I was a Captain 15yrs ago, but the taxes and liberal mandates make it a no go.

I look at what are my interests, what are my beliefs, where are the economics the most favorable, & then try to align those places with specific quality of life indicators & employment opportunitues. I could get a job in less than a week in places like NY, DC, LA, anywhere in the rust belt, but I can't think of a job worth living in most of those places.

For instance WY has some of the most favorable gun laws, the country's lowest sin taxes, no estate or inheritance tax, low property tax, no sales tax, low gas taxes, no retirement tax, no pension tax, no SS tax, & its beautiful, & has a low number of illegals ---sign me up. AK is even more tax friendly.

Poke around with this tool, its eye opening: http://www.kiplinger.com/tool/taxes/T05 ... r-tax-map/
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 am

Before I retired. I looked at different states to live in. Wy. was my 1st choice. But the wife shot that down. She used to live in Wamsutter. Because of that. She don't like Wy. :( The places she likes, are not retirement friendly. So we stay in Pa, which is retirement friendly.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ