What is my Black Fully Loaded 05 QCSB PW Worth?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

What is my Black Fully Loaded 05 QCSB PW Worth?

Post by Rob-Pod » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 pm

My truck has Under 171K on it, Heated Tan Leather/Suede seats (was told that's very rare),
Solid Rear Window with Defrost, AfterMarket Rivet Fender Flares, 3" FlowMaster Muffler,
Chrome H2s (Center caps cover Lugs, so u pay 1/2 ton truck toll $) wrapped in 37" GY
AT-S Tires (Plenty of tread left) Tinted Windows, Vent Visor/Rain Gaurds, Step Bars,
Kenwood, Bully Dog Programmer (speedo for 37s), 32" LED Light Bar in the bumper.

*NOW HAS PW (Serviced) WINCH & CRADDLE*. Lockers/Sway Bar don't work, I also
haven't looked into replacing the smart bar on it, so....? Paint is decent, Clear Coat
on the drivers side rear of the roof is white. but not chipping or flaking off yet.

List of all of the stock parts I've replaced (besides EVERYTHING fun above):
Battery, Starter, All 4 O2 Censors, Clutch Fan, Water Pump, Alternator,
Power Steering Pump & Steering Box, + Steering Stabilizer. What else????
Last edited by Rob-Pod on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: What is my Black Fully Loaded 05 QCSB PW Worth?

Post by Rob-Pod » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:14 pm

chrisjameswagner
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by chrisjameswagner » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 am

Forgive me - Where's the locker and sway bar dial and buttons?
2012 - Aluminess sliders, Century High C Shell, Wilderness Rack, Rigid D2's on front bar, sleeping and storage platform, Carli High Clearance Arms, springs, control arm, track bar, Bilstein 7100's, Day star rear shackles, 35" Cooper ST MAXX., Front bumper and under carriage camera set up

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:10 am

Under The HVAC Controls.
(2 Levels Lower then Radio.)

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 am

UPDATE *NOW HAS PW (Serviced) WINCH & CRADDLE*

Whats the deal with this site? I figured I would have
other PW owners giving me there input on things.
(This Forum helps out LESS then Mustang Forums)

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Hmmm, i cant comment on any mustang forums, but i do know i have been very grateful of this one. Lots of good info and people who are willing to help ya out :winchmob:

Maybe your thread got overlooked. Give it time.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm

I would do your best at getting the lockers and sway bar working. Without those working, i would give you at least 5 grand less than what i would if they did work.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 pm

olyelr wrote:I would do your best at getting the lockers and sway bar working. Without those working, i would give you at least 5 grand less than what i would if they did work.
I've been told to swap the smart bar, but I'm not really looking
to dump $ into something that's just for a shot in the dark.

If I intended on keeping this truck, I may invest more $.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Sorry we all didn't jump.

The problem is that most of us have bought our PWs, and have kept them. There is very little selling/trading in this group. The 4-5G crowd seems to move them a little more, but most of us with 3G have had them for a long time and intend to keep them. So no real basis other than advertised prices.
The other problem is that there are only a few of us in this area. Me, you, Ace, in SEPA, then some Jersey boys (Pit, Bill, one more can't remember...), so empirical data on used pricing is lacking.

I would guess at low teens, at most, especially with a non-functioning smartbar. Right now it's just a 2500 with a winch and low payload.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Last edited by FirerescuePW on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Low teens, 14 at best (found similar on used dealer lots) but without the working lockers or sway bar, all you have is a high milage 2500 DODGE from the bad years. No one cares about your mods. So I'd say 10 would be the most I'd pay. But that's me. High mileage 2500's even diesels aren't going for that much. And you have a Hemi.

Consider, this is an enthusiast-truck. So to get best price, you'll need to sell to someone who knows what this is. Average buyers won't, and they'll want to pay the going rate. The right buyer, you should be able to get 13-14 for the truck. Fixed maybe 15. But you're going to need a buyer who wants a Powerwagon.

You can find them. I sold my 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP #34 of 71 as configured with 72k miles for 32K. Took me two months to find another enthusiast. Had several people tell me I was nuts. But it's an enthusiast car they made for one year. And sure enough, one guy wanted it and paid me 30. Which I actually wanted 28 for. :D

And I say all this as a car enthusiast. Good luck. :cheers:

:winchmob:
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:18 pm

If I have to fix the truck I'm buying I'm not going to pay book. Who knows what's wrong with it. And as said, 05 had terrible front ends so I'd also be looking at all new steering. $10k tops.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 am

Exactly what MikeKey said. This is an enthusiasts truck. I bought my 4th gen, a 2011, for 13,000. 150,000 miles and running, bud a salvage title because each body panels has debts. Had an intermittent misfire and a few little issues but nothing major. Smartbar didn't work because it was full of mud. But nobody knows what the heck a Power Wagon is, that's the problem! As an example of how the value is in the eyes of the beholder: I sold my 1992 W-250 Cummins to buy my Wagon. My 1st fen cummins was almost the cleanest one I have ever seen and had options I didn't know you could get. I had guys hitting me up for 2 or 3 grand to use it as a work truck. I laughed and called them idiots, they just didn't understand. I ended up selling it to a guy who offered me 15k straight up, made a huge deposit without seeing it, and flew out from Ohio to California to pick it up and drive it home.

Your Wagon is worth way more to people looking for a Wagon. Have you tried trading it at a dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 am

Rob-pod,
I had to drive up to dodge the other day and pick up my wife. She was dropping off her charger for some warranty work, and the sales manager stopped me. He asked if everything was working condition, and if I would sell my truck. He went 9n to say that there is a high demand for the 3g PWs right now down here in Southern Louisiana. I told him $25k for the simple reason I have no plans on selling her, he told me if I would come down to $16k he would buy it.

The re-sale is highly dependant on where you're at, and what kind of condition your truck is in!

Questions... I see a light bar where your fair lead should be, do you still have your winch?

If no winch, sway bar, and lockers, I would say your resale is somewhere around $10k maybe lower. Who ever buys your truck will need to put money into it prior to selling it as a power wagon.

Good luck
Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- Thuren steering upgrade
- DT PROFAB Swaybar links (w/ +2" lift)
- Wattsenegger Front & Rear bumpers (1/4" walls)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers (second set)__- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_______________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_______- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker manual switch's_______________ - Flow Master Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem______- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_______- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer___________- Hide-Away Gun rack

"The" Wifes Car
"Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max

My Toy
"VISCO" 2013 196CC Tidewater

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:10 pm

RedMan wrote:Rob-pod,
I had to drive up to dodge the other day and pick up my wife. She was dropping off her charger for some warranty work, and the sales manager stopped me. He asked if everything was working condition, and if I would sell my truck. He went 9n to say that there is a high demand for the 3g PWs right now down here in Southern Louisiana. I told him $25k for the simple reason I have no plans on selling her, he told me if I would come down to $16k he would buy it.

The re-sale is highly dependant on where you're at, and what kind of condition your truck is in!

Questions... I see a light bar where your fair lead should be, do you still have your winch?

If no winch, sway bar, and lockers, I would say your resale is somewhere around $10k maybe lower. Who ever buys your truck will need to put money into it prior to selling it as a power wagon.

Good luck
When I 1st got the truck there was no winch. Few weeks ago I found/bought
a factory winch & cradle, just haven't bolted them on to my truck just yet.

I've looked in a few places, but I cant find any Smart Bars.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:22 pm

It's not as good as a switch on the dash, but for $90, EVO manufacturing can at least make the smartbar functional.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12250 ... oC6BHw_wcB
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 pm

Low_Sky wrote:It's not as good as a switch on the dash, but for $90, EVO manufacturing can at least make the smartbar functional.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12250 ... oC6BHw_wcB

Also wont make the lockers work again (if that is even the issue in the first place).

Redman1973
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Redman1973 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Rob-Pod wrote:
RedMan wrote:Rob-pod,

Good luck
When I 1st got the truck there was no winch. Few weeks ago I found/bought
a factory winch & cradle, just haven't bolted them on to my truck just yet.

I've looked in a few places, but I cant find any Smart Bars.
Dang that sucks... I have known a few that have baught a PW and the dealer would not include the winch without jacking up the price. They would tell the customer that the winch is not standard on the PW :angry: :jawdrop:

At least you have the winch.

Have you looked into wiring the lockers directly to a toggle switch? I hate how long it takes for the lockers to engage, so I did just that. Wired them direct, and now they lock and unlock very easily.

You have options for the sway bar. Do some research, I have not had to work on my sway bar so I cannot comment inteligently on that subject.

I would mount the winch, and wire the lockers, this will give you a little better resale value.

Link on how to wire up your lockers: <http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthr ... ost4632642>
Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- Thuren steering upgrade
- DT PROFAB Swaybar links (w/ +2" lift)
- Wattsenegger Front & Rear bumpers (1/4" walls)
- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_______________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_______- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker manual switch's_______________ - Flow Master Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem______- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_______- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer___________- Hide-Away Gun rack

"The" Wifes Car
"Liam" 2019 Power Wagon

My Toy
"VISCO K" 2019 224 Blackjack

shayzj

Post by shayzj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

I have a good smart bar for the 05. Ordered a new one and installed it to try and fix a svc 4wd light. Did not fix anything so the old bar was not the problem and should still be a good unit.

Shay

Rob-Pod
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Rob-Pod » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:54 pm

shayzj wrote:I have a good smart bar for the 05. Ordered a new one and installed it to try and fix a svc 4wd light. Did not fix anything so the old bar was not the problem and should still be a good unit.

Shay
PM me