Let's just hope......

Stuff that doesn't pertain to PWs and general chit-chat
TwinStick

Let's just hope......

Post by TwinStick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:57 am

:secret: The President Elect does not embarrass us as a nation.

:cheers:

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Re: Let's just hope......

Post by verdesardog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:15 am

Yes, we can only hope....Hillary wouldn't have been any better though.
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 am

There's that hope thing again... I think we chose a lesser of two evils. Slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstefanic
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by bstefanic » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:47 am

really the biggest thing is who was going to be able to appoint the next supreme court justice...virtually all policies are reversable but that is something which could affect everyone and thank god it wasn't that future inmate
Old '06 PW (Sold)- BDS Long Arm Kit, 37" Interco M16's, ATX Cornice Wheels, DT Pro Fab steering box brace, Dynatrac Ball Joints, SY Eliminated Transfer Case, Custom Tom Wood's DS, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

'13 Cummins - 4.56s, front ARB locker, Thuren Alien Arms, Stage 6 king 3.0's, LT leafs, 40"s on Trail Ready's

walc
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by walc » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:55 am

I hope, under President Trump, that the USA will stop taking crap from other countries and that we will no longer pay taxes to support illegal aliens and their children. Most importantly, I hope our jobs will stop going to other countries.
2016 Power Wagon SLT

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:09 pm

bstefanic wrote:really the biggest thing is who was going to be able to appoint the next supreme court justice...virtually all policies are reversable but that is something which could affect everyone and thank god it wasn't that future inmate
Yep. The President effects the next 4 or 8 years. The Supreme Court effects a whole generation, 20 to 40 years. Trump will pick one justice next year. There are 2 or 3 that may retire in the next 4 years or so.

Living in south west Pa. I've watched the steel mills shut down. The coal mines close. My dad was a mine foreman, and my brother was a miner. Seen industry move out. Now seen the gas drilling come to a stand still. Wells are being capped. With the witch. I think it would only have gotten worse. Since retiring. I had to go on Obomacare. My monthly payment was 1021.00. For next year, it went to 1389.00. I have a choice of one plan. I'm hoping that Trump can turn this around.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

MSCH2112
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by MSCH2112 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:59 pm

under Obamacare, our family has lost our doctor and we lost our old insurance.

our 2017 policy is going up 23%!

mike
2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn Cummins
295 60 R20 Nitto Ridge Graplers
Gooseneck
Pace Edwards elec.Metal Jacket bed cover
yeah and running boards for the wifey
Support Search and Rescue-GET LOST

SOLD 2012 Power Wagon Laramie
w/ 12k Warn winch, Nav, Sunroof, Leer Topper, AMP boards, Spray on-bedliner-rockers-flares

SOLD 2005 Power Wagon w/ 12k Warn winch, loaded incl. leather, rockrails, nav, sunroof, 9.5 ti Warn winch in the rear, Gibson Headers and catback, Pace-Edwards full metal elec. bed cover and elec. tailgate lock, PIAA driving lights behind grill

2009 Victory Jackpot Cory Ness Edition

2016 GMC Yukon Denali XL

2016 Volvo XC90

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:09 pm

MSCH2112 wrote:under Obamacare, our family has lost our doctor and we lost our old insurance.

mike
I can't go back to the doctor who did my hip replacement! :angry:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:34 pm

I voted for Trump as the lesser of 2 evils as well. If he does not change things, we will end up on the world news eventually, like other countries who's g-ment has failed, eventually.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:08 pm

I think aside from Trump this is a whole new precedent. A Republican president (technically), house by a lot, senate by a little, and Supreme Court will have a huge impact on our future. You guys are right about the Supreme Court, that is where the biggest difference will be. I hope that some of the things he said he would do come true, and I hope we really can bring serious and large-scale manufacturing back to the US.

I hope he makes serious education changes as well. No matter what he does, if we don't change the way youth are raised, it won't matter. We need kids that use a hammer and saws, build and repair and maintain things, break a bone, play a sport, move out of the house, support themselves. We need to stop putting bubble wrap on everything and get real self-sufficient hard workers in this nation.

chrisjameswagner
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by chrisjameswagner » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:56 pm

The citizenry and our special guests have a much greater chance of embarrassing the country than the President. Just talk to folks another indicator - check out what propositions and special measures we passed in our communities...
2012 - Aluminess sliders, Century High C Shell, Wilderness Rack, Rigid D2's on front bar, sleeping and storage platform, Carli High Clearance Arms, springs, control arm, track bar, Bilstein 7100's, Day star rear shackles, 35" Cooper ST MAXX., Front bumper and under carriage camera set up

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:01 pm

MSCH2112 wrote:under Obamacare, our family has lost our doctor and we lost our old insurance.

mike
I refer to it as the "Unaffordable Health Care Act."
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:02 pm

chrisjameswagner wrote:The citizenry and our special guests have a much greater chance of embarrassing the country than the President. Just talk to folks another indicator - check out what propositions and special measures we passed in our communities...
Legalized pot, ban on high capacity magazines, back ground checks on ammo in your state. How are they going to do back ground checks on ammo? And for people who reload? My 2 stepsons in Colorado are saying that the people in that state are starting to realize what a mistake it was to legalize pot. Think what is going to happen across the country, is that pot will become legal everywhere. Then in the future. Then say it is bad as cigarettes. In the mean time. We will raise a generation of idiots.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:10 pm

RustyPW wrote:
chrisjameswagner wrote:The citizenry and our special guests have a much greater chance of embarrassing the country than the President. Just talk to folks another indicator - check out what propositions and special measures we passed in our communities...
Legalized pot, ban on high capacity magazines, back ground checks on ammo in your state. How are they going to do back ground checks on ammo? And for people who reload? My 2 stepsons in Colorado are saying that the people in that state are starting to realize what a mistake it was to legalize pot. Think what is going to happen across the country, is that pot will become legal everywhere. Then in the future. Then say it is bad as cigarettes. In the mean time. We will raise a generation of idiots.
Even you are paying attention to our state :lol: I was watching the referenda last night cringing. This morning I checked on them. All the dumb ones passed and the ones that made sense failed! :angry: the ammo background check is a one time thing. You do the check and get an ammo buyers card. It's as useless as the firearm safety card we have here. Pay the State a stupid amount, pay the gun store for their time, answer 10 questions a retarded chimp could ace, and get your card. Now everyone is safe and the State has money. Win-win right?

It's ok, we're moving to Portland in 4 months :)

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:51 pm

What about web sales of ammo? And what about guys who reload? Powder, bullets and primers? Does that card apply to that?
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

chrisjameswagner
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by chrisjameswagner » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:24 pm

RustyPW wrote:
... We will raise a generation of idiots.
That's been done now a couple times over.
2012 - Aluminess sliders, Century High C Shell, Wilderness Rack, Rigid D2's on front bar, sleeping and storage platform, Carli High Clearance Arms, springs, control arm, track bar, Bilstein 7100's, Day star rear shackles, 35" Cooper ST MAXX., Front bumper and under carriage camera set up

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:25 pm

:rant:

:angry: Some people (even my own kids) think I have an extremest view on the 2nd Amendment. I counter with saying: once they get their proverbial "foot in the door", it just goes downhill. My son says "common sense gun control", I say: common sense according to who ?, because common sense ain't so common anymore. If it were, then they would be holding the people who commit heinous crimes with guns accountable for their action----NOT the inanimate object they used to commit it. I worked in the Prison system for 28.3 years. There were LOTS of people in there for killing someone with a hammer, baseball bat, piece of pipe, knife, 2x4, wrench, etc, etc.... Where are the anti-tool control groups ?
The last 5x I have been to Cabela's in Buffalo, there were no .22 rounds or .22WMR. :wtf: I wanted to buy this gun: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/93fvsrLandry
but Cabela's say they won't even stock it or order it because there is no ammo avail for it !!!!!! Not sure if this is a NYS thing or a Fed thing but it SUCKS.

My son brought up the word "compromise". I said when it comes to gun control, then that is an oxymoron. A compromise is when BOTH sides give something up. Compromise concerning gun control means----only 1 side gives something up, the other side has nothing to give up. :lockedandloaded:

:patriot: :patriot:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Why is the 2nd Amendment 2nd, not 8th or 9th. It is there where it's at to protect the 1st. You eliminate the 2nd, or weaken it. All the other Amendments will follow suit. :lockedandloaded: Then you will have dictators.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:13 pm

RustyPW wrote:What about web sales of ammo? And what about guys who reload? Powder, bullets and primers? Does that card apply to that?
If it isn't making any sense to you, that's because it doesn't make sense. Seriously there is no answer to that that I know of. That's the first thing I asked, right after asking when they will limit how many rounds we can buy per month like they almost did last year. That one would require a database...

Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule007 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

The citizens have spoken !!! Not so much total support for what he said, but definitely, IMHO, a mandate that our best avenue of change rests with the new President elect. He has not gotten where he is without recognizing that he needs to surround himself with good people and listen to them. Along with that recognition there appears to be a very stringent expectation that they produce results. The conciliatory theme of the acceptance speech, and use of the terms WE and OUR ability to affect change are encouraging. Many are disappointed and shocked,,,,we fought for our freedoms, bill of rights, laws of the land, and our Nation: One nation under God, with liberty and justice for all. The system worked, whether we like it or not, it is time to UNITE and help rebuild our country TOGETHER. May God guide and watch over our Nation and our citizens in this scary tie of change.
:patriot:2005 Mineral Grey; QC- #0666: "Laramie", power heated Leather seats, tow mirrors, dual zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise control, music & volume controls; remote start, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails, low profile steps;1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum A-pillar mount programmable performance chip, monitor,& tuner; Linex Platinum OTR HD bed & rock panel coating; Red Ryder matching cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard w/4-4” Halogen off road lights; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black fender flares; PW winch accessory kit/remote control.
Tools: hand tools, 60” Extreme High Lift; rigging; straps; shackles; F&R chains; (2ea) rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans & 5# extinguishers
Updates: Jasper Remfgr’d 5.7 Hemi Engine; Open Range AT 35x12.5 x17 MP3 10 ply E tires; Moog HD U/L front axle ball joints & wheel bearings; new link, sway, y bar & bushing assemblies; fuel pump; A/C exhaust fan & compressor;1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180-amp alternator; Megatron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump, serpentine belt, Bilstein 2 5100 shocks/HD steering damper; F&R locker motors,sensors/u joints; 3" Magna flow cat back rear exit dual exhausts; Performance Brake/slotted rotor/caliper/pads

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:13 am

DamageWagon wrote:
RustyPW wrote:
Even you are paying attention to our state :lol: I was watching the referenda last night cringing. This morning I checked on them. All the dumb ones passed and the ones that made sense failed! :angry: the ammo background check is a one time thing. You do the check and get an ammo buyers card. It's as useless as the firearm safety card we have here. Pay the State a stupid amount, pay the gun store for their time, answer 10 questions a retarded chimp could ace, and get your card. Now everyone is safe and the State has money. Win-win right?

You sure you want to go to Oregon?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /93619264/
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor

Post by DamageWagon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:35 am

RustyPW wrote:
DamageWagon wrote:
RustyPW wrote: Legalized pot, ban on high capacity magazines, back ground checks on ammo in your state. How are they going to do back ground checks on ammo? And for people who reload? My 2 stepsons in Colorado are saying that the people in that state are starting to realize what a mistake it was to legalize pot. Think what is going to happen across the country, is that pot will become legal everywhere. Then in the future. Then say it is bad as cigarettes. In the mean time. We will raise a generation of idiots.

You sure you want to go to Oregon?

Hey, that's just two idiots. We already have a Calexit going on!

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:06 am

RustyPW wrote: You sure you want to go to Oregon?

I've said it before and it remains a universal truth...10mm Auto is the cure.

I love Oregon, Portland kind of ruins it for everyone though.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
RustyPW wrote: You sure you want to go to Oregon?

I've said it before and it remains a universal truth...10mm Auto is the cure.

I love Oregon, Portland kind of ruins it for everyone though.
Lots of target practice.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Hey, AMMO prices should finally go down now right?
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures