HumVee H1 Scissors Jack Pad For PW

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

HumVee H1 Scissors Jack Pad For PW

Post by Ducky's Dad » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 pm

I have an H1 scissors jack that I have started carrying in the PW because there are times that an 8500-pound capacity low profile jack is handy. These jacks are available new and used, both USA and Chinese manufacture, at prices from $20 (if you are very lucky) to about $125 (NOS USA-built with carry bag).

Problem is that the jacks have a big pin on top that is designed to engage a jacking point on the control arms of the H1, and that pin is not readily compatible with the PW or other civilian trucks. Some guys cut off the pin and weld new jack pads on, and others make up pads from plywood drilled to fit over the pin. I just spoke with Richard at Bogert Manufacturing about offering a jack pad attachment designed for the H1 jack so that it can be easily used on other vehicles, and he's willing to fab a standard jack pad (like the one on your hydraulic floor jack) with a hole on the bottom that will fit over the pin on the H1 scissors jack. This seems to be a natural for Bogert because they make (made?) a very expensive hydraulic jack that the military used to lift up-armored H1s, so they are somewhat familiar with the pins and jacking points.

These hydraulic jacks are hand pump, and may be discontinued but were $2800 new and $1800 on eBay (before they sold out).

If anyone is interested in a group buy or multiple orders for just the jack pad to fit the H1 scissors jack, please post up here. I have no idea what this thing will cost, but it should not be too much because Bogert has their own jack pads and just needs to fit the cup on the bottom. The round steel pad will have the four nubs around the perimeter to keep it from rotating on your frame rails or diff housing, and should be sized so that it will take a standard polyurethane cover. Richard will make up a drawing as soon as I get some dimensions to him and I will post the drawing here. Multiple units should bring the price down, and I suggested that they make this a standard item on their website.

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re: HumVee H1 Scissors Jack Pad For PW

Post by Colibri » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 am

Absolutely interested! Sign me up
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 am

:popcorn:

Interesting for sure. IMHO, most of us PW owners are well served to invest in a high quality 60" Hi-Lift Jack of some sort. I have a 60" First Responder Hi-Lift & LOVE it. Reason being, we have front tow hooks & a rear hitch. I will be getting a pair of these some day soon: http://pattonfab.com/?product=03-14-dod ... -tow-hooks . I will then have something made that will go into receiver & lock in place with hitch pin, & also lock onto the Hi-Lift Jack jaw, so there is zero chance of it slipping. It will work on both front & rear receivers. If you want to stop suspension droop, just chain or strap the axle to the frame. Kinda hard to use a scissors jack when truck is stuck & sitting on the frame. Definitely would be a great addition to our recovery gear though. I had a scissors jack modified specifically for making a quick flat tire change on the side of the highway for our camper & it works awesome. Jack is rated at 5000 lbs. Entire camper weighs 3500 lbs & is a single axle. I just use my 18v Ridgid impact to jack it up in seconds. Works awesome & can't slip off the axle (especially when a semi-truck goes by & rocks your vehicles). The flat plate & the half-pipe is 1/4" thick. Jack was $20 @ HF & mods were $40. In retrospect, if i did it again, I might have had them use larger dia pipe, so I could also use it on the PW axle tubes for a quick tire change on the side of the highway. Not too sure of the weight capacity though, it is Chinese. Only need to get the tire an inch off the ground for tire change though.

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 am

I also carry a 60" Hi-Lift Extreme, but there are times when a scissor jack is just faster and safer. I have a small scissor jack from Home Depot that I have been using on some construction projects in lieu of breaking out the Hi-Lift to move things, and it is pretty quick with the cordless impact, and often easier than rigging the Hi-Lift to do the same task. I have been spinning the scissors with a 1" deep socket but just ordered a pair of these from Amazon to simplify things and probably make things a bit safer because they will allow me to easily use a socket extension or torque stick on the jack to get clear of what I'm lifting.

1/2'' Scissor Jack Adaptor by TruBuilt 1 Automotive for Use with 1/2'' Drive or Impact Wrench or 13/16 Lug Wrench

Dr.Roc 1/2" Scissor Jack Adapter For Use With Drill/Wrench/Tire Iron To Accelerate

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Can you post links to what you are referring to please ?

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Can you post links to what you are referring to please ?
Tried that, but because I have already purchased the items from Amazon, the link brings up my order info with addresses and other info that I'd rather not have on the interwebs. Just copy and paste the text for either of those two items in the Amazon search field and it should come up.

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:00 pm

TwinStick wrote:Can you post links to what you are referring to please ?
https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Roc-Scissor-A ... ck+adapter
2005 Power Wagon

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks.

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:32 pm

TwinStick wrote:Thanks.

I couldn't figure out what DD was talking about, so I had to look them up. Here's the other one ...

https://www.amazon.com/Scissor-Adaptor- ... ck+adapter
2005 Power Wagon

fbenross
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by fbenross » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 pm

This is what I have to backup my stock jack. Plus I have an X-jack
Attachments
IMG_4315_resize.JPG
IMG_4317_resize.JPG
IMG_4319_resize.JPG
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:46 pm

The Dr. Roc adapter arrived yesterday and I'll probably use it today to change a flat on my wife's car with the smallish scissors jack that I keep in the garage. The adapter looks like it will accept the 1/2" anvil on the output of your impact wrench, or the end of a socket extension, or the end of a torque stick, or even a 1/2" socket adapter in a 1/4" impact driver or cordless drill (if the vehicle is not too heavy). Or you can slip an appropriately-sized socket over the outside of the adapter, so there's a lot of flexibility when you may not have the full complement of tools with you. Up till now I have been running my other scissors jack (not the H1) with a 25mm or 1" deep socket slipped over the end of the jack. It works, but it beats up the socket and the jack, so these adapters should be an improvement.

I have been looking at the torque specs on some of the cordless drivers that I have, and the decent ones (Dewalt 18V) seem to range from about 100 lb/ft up to about 144 lb/ft, plus the 300 lb/ft on the 18V impact wrench that I have been using on the jack. Looks like the Dewalt driver at 144 lb/ft is about perfect for my GM trucks because their wheel stud specs are 140 lb/ft. I have a slightly less torquey one that should be about perfect for the PW studs.

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Fbenross, can you post the ID and depth of the cup on the bottom of the jack pad that's sitting on top of the SafeJack? It looks like it might fit over the pin on the H1 jack. If so, no custom fab required. Does that pad fit around the PW frame rails? Thanks.

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BlkWgn » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Ducky's Dad wrote: I just spoke with Richard at Bogert Manufacturing about offering a jack pad attachment designed for the H1 jack so that it can be easily used on other vehicles, and he's willing to fab a standard jack pad (like the one on your hydraulic floor jack) with a hole on the bottom that will fit over the pin on the H1 scissors jack. This seems to be a natural for Bogert because they make (made?) a very expensive hydraulic jack that the military used to lift up-armored H1s, so they are somewhat familiar with the pins and jacking points.

Bogart is also the maker of Safe Jack which uses interchangeable pads on bottle jacks. I recently did a review for my blog at https://familyoffthemap.com/2016/05/29/ ... safe-jack/ The safe jack system is pretty nice, I am sure these will be top notch. Certainly interested
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Colibri » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:25 pm

I just snagged a bogert up armored HMMWV hydraulic jack of eBay this afternoon! Complete kit new old stock for just under $400. Definitely wanting an adapter now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARMORED-HMMWV-J ... SwYIxX8csj
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Lots of other stuff lol

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Colibri » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Brown Santa dropped this off today!
Attachments
image.jpeg
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Lots of other stuff lol