New stuff

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
TwinStick

New stuff

Post by TwinStick » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Just some little things. Gonna get my aux battery back in play. 350 amp Anderson Power Pole ends. Already have the end lugs. I could NOT get it apart when i took my toolbox out, to get the cap installed, so I got out the BFH & broke 1 side, to get it apart. :lol: Got some fancy handles & end covers this time too ! :lol:

T-Case position sensor & 1/2"-drive, 1 1/2" deepwell impact socket ( impact was all they had in that size).

TwinStick

Re: New stuff

Post by TwinStick » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 pm

2nd battery is back in service. Pics to follow.

Why do we do all the work we can on our PW's ? Because the beer you drink when you are done, tastes wayyy better, than the beer you have after someone else does it & you pay them for it, that's why !!! :lol:

:cheers:

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 pm

TwinStick wrote:2nd battery is back in service. Pics to follow.

Why do we do all the work we can on our PW's ? Because the beer you drink when you are done, tastes wayyy better, than the beer you have after someone else does it & you pay them for it, that's why !!! :lol:

:cheers:
:cheers: I agree wholeheartedly
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:20 pm

So, as you can see, I utilized the dead space in the front drivers side of bed to put my 2nd battery. It used to be inside my WeatherGuard toolbox. Looks flimsy, but it is not. It is much stronger than any stock mounted battery i have ever seen. I made this with stuff I had on hand.

Glad to have it back in service. Simply grab the red handle & pull to disconnect. Simple.

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:33 am

That's quite the set-up. So the handles disconnect the + terminals from those batteries in your bed, which powers an ARB fridge, so you're not drawing them down when not in use?
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Yup. Also works as a dual battery for the truck---especially useful when winching. My truck has a piss poor elec system. Parasidic drain somewhere. 2 weeks & the battery is stone cold dead. Won't even click. I keep it plugged into a charger/maintainer/trickel charger when not driving it. Handle disconnects + & neg. plug it in when you need it. Unplug it when you dont. Simple, easy no moving parts. No isolator to fail at the worst possible time. Alt charges both, through the main battery. I have had no issues. I can also jump start myself if main battery goes dead & aux one is unplugged. Just plug it in, wait a minute or 2 & start it up.

I know it is not the "proper way" an electrician would do it but it works fine for me.