Hoodies or a waterproof pullover?

Moderator: AceMan

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Hoodies or a waterproof pullover?

Post by AceMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm

I haven't finalized the design, yet. But I'm close. I've just been super busy lately, and losing Shadow so suddenly was a big blow.

I don't have pics of a waterproof garment, but how's this zipper, thermal pullover hoodie? It's a SUPER heavy duty 20.5 ounce material. My previous hoodie was 11 ounce, for comparison, for those who already have one. So you can see it's a lot heavier and definitely warmer.

And whatever design I'm finalizing on, will be embroidered, and NOT screened. Possible price may be $60 or $65 plus shipping. And that's only because the base price of these hoodies are obviously more.

These are zippered. I believe there is a pullover version, but he didn't have one in the showroom to see.

And if Pit Slave and Mike have a free afternoon, I want to bring you guys over t the place to show you the other garments to choose from. I like to offer something different if no one likes these, but just need a different opinion.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1349824478014.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349824490518.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349824500808.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349824510749.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349824519026.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349824532987.jpg
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Hoodies or a waterproof pullover?

Post by vanished » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Looks interesting and keep us in the loop... I'm also still waiting on shirts and hoodies. ;)

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 pm

I am ALL ABOUT heavy duty & quality. either one would be GREAT but i am intrigued about the waterproof one. :cheers:

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 pm

I'd probably be in for either style. Just let us know what you decide so I know how much $ to send you.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm

I'd like the waterproof version for sure.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

The shirts will have the same artwork but will be screened, not embroidered. I may offer a sport polo, the Nike wicking type, light material, etc, but that's more for the late Spring, Summer. I have a demo polo like that, but it says NovaCare on it (a physical rehab place in the Philly area), from one of their shirt runs. It feels light and fits nicely.

I talked to him about the waterproof ones, and I have to dig in the catalog. I'm really not sure what will appeal to everyone. I was thinking one of those Columbia water-resistant jackets. They are not insulated, at least not the one I saw hanging in the showroom. He said they carry the insulated type. I was looking for more of the Gortex or Tech-2 stuff, which is waterproof and insulated.

But the Gortex are extremely expensive, such as a two-piece LLBean that I have that is insulated to 45-50 below and cost around $300. The Tech-2 (LLBean's version of Gortex) is about third of the price. But even still, how do I keep the price down on something like that, even if it were $100 or more?

I have to talk to the guy again. I am looking for something that is functional, and that will really look nice, and affordable. And same with the artwork, it has to look professional.

I'm thinking of just sticking with Leif's logo in white embroidered on a jacket without the WinchMob logo.

As for the Harley thing, I am leery on doing it, and the owner told me that they can get in trouble for making them if they got out in public and traced back. So I have to be careful on copyright infringement. They do major work for Comcast, Pepsi, Philly Eagles, etc. They are a major printer for Snuggies, too. Any Snuggies you see with screened are or logo, or embroidered came from them. So I have to be careful for their sake as well as mine!

Friggin challenges! LOL!

And did you know that Chrysler threatened to sue a high school in Florida that was using the Ram head for their "Rams" sports team mascot? They had to tear up the basketball court wooden floor to get the Ram head off it, change all the signs, including the big one in front of the school, etc. I guess the school didn't do their homework when they decided to copy the logo off a truck.

School To Stop Using Dodge-Like Ram's Head Logo
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123781334

Chrysler Bullies Florida High School Over Ram Logo
http://voices.yahoo.com/chrysler-bullie ... 88093.html

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

And what's reasonable for a waterproof version?

And would you like it insulated?

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm

I would like to see the waterproof one. I'm sure we can arrange a meet to look things over.
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:I would like to see the waterproof one. I'm sure we can arrange a meet to look things over.

Are you busy Friday afternoon? It's not too far from me.

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Friday isn't good. I'll check my schedule for the next week or so and text you.
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:18 pm

FirerescuePW wrote:Friday isn't good. I'll check my schedule for the next week or so and text you.

Ok. Sounds good. I'm free somewhat, during the day M-W next week.

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I like pullover,you can put what ever art work on front with out interfearance of zipper..warmth and water proof ...I work out side every day , it would work just fine...

BigRed2007
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by BigRed2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm

I am in for two of whatever you decide on.

Sent from somewhere in Europe
Flame Red 07 PW - BIG RED
White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders, Volant Intake, LightForce 210 HID x2, HiLift Mounted on Tool Box, Locker Bypass, OBA - EXTREMAIRE Magnum, High Idle, 315/70/17 MTR/Ks, ARB Front Bumper, Synthetic Winch Rope, 3000 Watt Inverter, Carli Performance 2.0 Front end and rear shocks, DT PROFAB Steering brace and Steering Stabilizer,Carli Front Diff Gaurd, 12v Fridge Freezer, Dual Optima Yellow Tops, AirFlow Snorkle, Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe, 2x50W Solar Panels, DOR Control Arms.

KE0BZG
WQUY939

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Ok. I'll focus on an insulated and waterproof hoodie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Image Image Image

Lightning04

Post by Lightning04 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:58 am

I am in for two heavy shirts
And two tee shirts

Thanks
Steve

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 am

Thoughts?

I'm not sure of the actual pricing. And it depends on size. The Ash City is a 2XL example, and the smaller sizes are less money. I think I saw a 3XL for 185.

Or is this way out of our price range?
Attachments
carhartt J175 Tall Black and Bluestone.png
carhartt J175 Regular Black and Bluestone.png
Ash City Regular 88664 2XL.png

BigRed2007
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by BigRed2007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:14 am

We have strayed from the "Hoodies or waterproof pullover" to Carhartt and I like it...a lot...
Flame Red 07 PW - BIG RED
White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders, Volant Intake, LightForce 210 HID x2, HiLift Mounted on Tool Box, Locker Bypass, OBA - EXTREMAIRE Magnum, High Idle, 315/70/17 MTR/Ks, ARB Front Bumper, Synthetic Winch Rope, 3000 Watt Inverter, Carli Performance 2.0 Front end and rear shocks, DT PROFAB Steering brace and Steering Stabilizer,Carli Front Diff Gaurd, 12v Fridge Freezer, Dual Optima Yellow Tops, AirFlow Snorkle, Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe, 2x50W Solar Panels, DOR Control Arms.

KE0BZG
WQUY939

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BlkWgn » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 pm

with the quality of the last Hoodie I got from you, I will be keeping an eye out to see where this goes
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

chromedragon
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by chromedragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Looking forward to seeing when the availability comes up i am definitely in for 1 maybe 2 :cheers:
2006 Power Wagon Quad Cab Manual Moto Rims stock size, Cooper ATP, Dynatrac Ball joints, Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs, AmSteel blue 7/16 x 100' synthetics rope from Custom splice, Sony BT 602 stereo and backup camera etc. Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks.

Special Licenses:
FAA Airframe and Power Plant
FCC Technician (Ham) KK6YCI

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry everyone for not getting this together sooner. I've been super busy, lots of hours, including weekends. Matter fact the next three weeks um working from 9 am to 10 pm Mon to Thursday and Fri days. No telling what the weekend brings. I will be dropping the Harley artwork, only because if copyright. The art work will be embroidered on the jacket with Leif's PWR with WinchMob under it in a cool font and the PWR URL under that, with HEMI on the collar, and for t-shirts HEMI will be on the sleeve.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image