EBC BRAKES = Quality

gdane4x4

EBC BRAKES = Quality

Post by gdane4x4 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:11 am

Just wanted to share my experience with EBC brakes. Replaced all four corners on my 05 PW with EBC GD rotors and 7000 series green pads. The difference was night and day. The quality of parts was refreshing in a time where lets face it, quality often suffers on alot of aftermarket parts. Rotors and pads where impressive. Starting my build finally and trying to put some of the better offerings available for each element of the build. Seat of the pants braking seems improved drastically and the old stuff that came off wasn't terrible so it makes for a decent comparison. Was originally going to go with their new Extra duty setup but the pads are on backorder so ended up going with the 7000 series greens. A step up from the original greens. Time will tell on dust and wear but somethimes you do get what you pay for. They weren't cheap but what value can you put on improved braking and the possibility of accident avoidance or bringing that loaded trailer down alittle quicker. One of the things that used to bother me the most back in the day when we used to build crawlers or do custom suspension for customers was everyone wanted the biggest tires and lift possible and money wasn't a concern but whenever I pushed for improving their brake system and steering system they never seemed to be concerned and just wanted to skip that area. These are the main things that connect you to the road and give you control. After adding larger tires and higher center of gravity it should be first thing addressed in my mind but most would not even recognize the issue. So anyways long story short I believe it was a great investment and got a good deal on the whole setup as well. Have a great week

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: EBC BRAKES = Quality

Post by adeluca73 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:23 am

gdane4x4 wrote:Just wanted to share my experience with EBC brakes. Replaced all four corners on my 05 PW with EBC GD rotors and 7000 series green pads. The difference was night and day. The quality of parts was refreshing in a time where lets face it, quality often suffers on alot of aftermarket parts. Rotors and pads where impressive. Starting my build finally and trying to put some of the better offerings available for each element of the build. Seat of the pants braking seems improved drastically and the old stuff that came off wasn't terrible so it makes for a decent comparison. Was originally going to go with their new Extra duty setup but the pads are on backorder so ended up going with the 7000 series greens. A step up from the original greens. Time will tell on dust and wear but somethimes you do get what you pay for. They weren't cheap but what value can you put on improved braking and the possibility of accident avoidance or bringing that loaded trailer down alittle quicker. One of the things that used to bother me the most back in the day when we used to build crawlers or do custom suspension for customers was everyone wanted the biggest tires and lift possible and money wasn't a concern but whenever I pushed for improving their brake system and steering system they never seemed to be concerned and just wanted to skip that area. These are the main things that connect you to the road and give you control. After adding larger tires and higher center of gravity it should be first thing addressed in my mind but most would not even recognize the issue. So anyways long story short I believe it was a great investment and got a good deal on the whole setup as well. Have a great week

Does EBC sell different model (color?) than the greens? If so, is there a noticeable qualify difference ?
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:57 am

I'm on my 2nd set of EBC Yellowstuff pads, and have the dimple and slotted sport rotors. Dusting is not too bad. On my '13 Trailhawk. The Yellowstuffs dust pretty good. When I had the Yellowstuffs on my track car. Had very little dusting. If you want more performance out of the brakes. Switch to stainless steel brake lines and bleed the brake system really good.

The track car has Racing Brake 2 piece brake rotors, Ti heat shields for the pads, brake cooling ducts, stainless brake lines, Castrol SRF brake fluid, and Carbotec XP10 front pads and XP8 rear pads now.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

gdane4x4

Post by gdane4x4 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 am

They came out with a new extra duty which is similar to the old reds but now is orange. Confusing enough is theu are different than the regular orange aggressive pads they originally offered where the new extra duty was more slated for us guys using heavy trucks and towing and wanted the best of all worlds. Wear, less dust and stopping power. I tried to order but either the back or front extra duty pads(sorry cant remember) where currently on backorder and no idea when available again. So I went with the 7000 series greens which have some benifits over the original 6000 series. Big problem I found when I helped my friend at his high performance shop was alot of guys came in and ordered the biggest badest pads they offered for their street cars (we guys tend to do that) without realizing they would never get thembhot enough to really benifit on the street and was actually sorta dangerous when first applied cold. Plus they wore out quick, ate rotors alive and got their prescious pretty wheels all dusty. Research goes along ways on some things and this is one of them. Also like EBC recomends if you do their upgrade to do all 4 corners matching in order to keep braking balanced. By far the best seat of the pants improvement I have made so far especially considering the wheel and tire combo that is about to go on

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm

I second Russ with the Yellowstuff. I'm on my second set. First set was in 2009, and the second set around May, 2015. I also swapped out for stainless steel lines. Makes a huge difference.

Throttle 8
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by Throttle 8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 pm

I will third the EBC slotted and dimpled rotors with Yellowstuff. Spendy, but a dramatic improvement over stock!
2007PW, black, quad cab, G56 6spd, heated leather, sunroof, dual zone climate, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ (315/70/17), Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Lund tonneau, Maple Offroad sliders, wheel wheel liners, K&N filter, bedliner, PIAA headlights, PIAA foglights, 24" LED lightbar behind grill, Carli Diff guard, Dodge Off Road steering brace, Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli Trac Bar, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Carli ball joints, updated "T" style linkage, Odyssy battery, recovery gear, Studded Goodyear Duratrack 315/70/17 for winter

MY OTHER VEHICLE IS A LOCOMOTIVE