Indicators lights for sway and lockers

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Riznitch
Model Year: 2008

Indicators lights for sway and lockers

Post by Riznitch » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:19 pm

So, after week 1/2 Carmax finally got the truck working right... i think.They replaced actuators and I'm not sure what else but , i think they actually fixed the lockers and sway bar. Took it out today, went to 4HI and the indicators light came on so went for the sway bar disconnect the light flashed amber a couple times on the disconnect side and then went solid. same with the lockers flashed couple times then went solid. I was in 4lo when i did the lockers. I was expecting the lights to be green once engaged but they were amber. Am i good? it's a 2008.

V/R
Rich
Attachments
front pw swaybar.jpg
Front view, sway bar disconnected?
side pw swaybar.jpg
2008 PW
White Knuckle rock rails, 5100 Bilstein 2-3", 5100 Bilstein front stabilizer, Super chip.

Juday
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Indicators lights for sway and lockers

Post by Juday » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:04 pm

When I disconnect my sway bar, I usually hear a "clunk" that tells me it's disconnected and good to go. As far as the lockers, when the rear is locked up, I see/hear/feel the extra grip in the back. Easy way to tell is start turning your wheels and you'll know that the rear is locked up by sound of both tires trying to turn, but this time there is no give. Also, when the front is locked up, you can definitely tell through the feel of the steering wheel. Again, try turning and you'll find it isn't so easy.

:cheers:
2012 RAM Power Wagon
315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar | Carli Front Differential Cover | Aluminess Front Bumper | Aluminess Rock Sliders | PIAA 540 Fog Lights | 1" Daystar Lift | Thuren High Clearance Control Arms | Thuren Track Bar

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:04 pm

It sounds to me like things are working the way they should.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

Riznitch
Model Year: 2008

Post by Riznitch » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess the surprise is that the system is working now and my hats goes off to Carmax for fixing it. I really thought they couldn't handle it. I was just concerned because i was thinking that when the sway or lockers engaged that the indicator lights would be steady green and not steady amber.

V/R
Rich
2008 PW
White Knuckle rock rails, 5100 Bilstein 2-3", 5100 Bilstein front stabilizer, Super chip.

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Post by myoung84 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Nope, solid amber is locked. The only green lights are open and sway bar connected.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug