Rausch Creek Spring '12

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Rausch Creek Spring '12

Post by Powerwagonmark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 am

pdavey wrote:A couple of my rig.

The first is me flexing in the ravine
flexing_out_on_the_ravine.jpg
The second is me following PitSlave's instructions that took me completely off camber. Funny thing was I wasn't worried, but the speed to which folks came to assist was really funny :)
after_pitslave_took_peter_too_off_camber.jpg

WOW!! wish you would have got a picture of the rear of the truck. Your tire must have been 4 feet off of the ground :rockon:
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON
Power Wagon= 12000lb Warn winch, Electronic Disconnecting Swaybar, Front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears

Upgrades= BDS 4" long arm lift, JBA Shorty headers, Custom MBRP Y-Pipe, MBRP Custom exhaust, Stainless Steel front and rear brake lines, Thuren Adjustable track bar with Fox Racing Steering Stabilizer, Thuren/Atlas custom leafs, Thuren 6" Coil Springs, Thuren Adjustable Shackles, Redhead steering box, Carli front diff guard, Airflow Snorkel, Vent Tubes Extended, Custom Rock Rails(made by me), Custom rear tube bumper(made by me), Rockcrusher rear diff guard, Bushwacker pocket flares, Trimmed fenders, DT Profab Steering Box Brace, Borgeson steering shaft, 1 Ton Tranny cooler, Mickey Thompson 17x9 Sidebiter Wheels, Pitbull Rockers 37x12.5x17, Road Armour front bumper trimmed for extra clearance with lightbar and 4 KC lights and 4 Piaa's, Procomp Explorer Lights mounted on backrack, Wireless winch remote, Tints, clear cab lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, HighLift Jack, Tool box, RBP gas cover(piece of junk). Line-xed from head to toe. More straps, shackles and pulleys than I actually need.

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 am

AceMan wrote:
ldgregory wrote:Just FYI. If you guys use the {Video} BBcode tag at the right of all the BBcode buttons, it'll correctly encapsulate to show your Youtube video.
Ahh. Gonna try that right now.

Late edit: I see you did that for me. Cool. So you meant the "Video" BB code on top of the edit screen. I saw the video and /video tags around the link. Got it. Thanks, Leif!

Data Transmission: Successful, ABEND 0x0000000. Carrier Pigeon 2.103, Platform: ENIAC, Virt Module: TRS-80 mobile @2.4k baud. Date: Today.
Yeah, I edited your post to put the right tag around it. Hope you don't mind.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 am

Just wanted to thank Mike and Brad and Peter for the cooking some great meals for us. Breakfast was awesome both mornings. Love those pancakes and suasage. :D
I have to say I'm kind of happy we didn't need Kens :spam: I hate :spam: but it's the thought that counts :lol: Ken your an awesome guy those hotdogs and bratwursts were excellent. :rockon:
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON
Power Wagon= 12000lb Warn winch, Electronic Disconnecting Swaybar, Front and rear lockers, 4.56 gears

Upgrades= BDS 4" long arm lift, JBA Shorty headers, Custom MBRP Y-Pipe, MBRP Custom exhaust, Stainless Steel front and rear brake lines, Thuren Adjustable track bar with Fox Racing Steering Stabilizer, Thuren/Atlas custom leafs, Thuren 6" Coil Springs, Thuren Adjustable Shackles, Redhead steering box, Carli front diff guard, Airflow Snorkel, Vent Tubes Extended, Custom Rock Rails(made by me), Custom rear tube bumper(made by me), Rockcrusher rear diff guard, Bushwacker pocket flares, Trimmed fenders, DT Profab Steering Box Brace, Borgeson steering shaft, 1 Ton Tranny cooler, Mickey Thompson 17x9 Sidebiter Wheels, Pitbull Rockers 37x12.5x17, Road Armour front bumper trimmed for extra clearance with lightbar and 4 KC lights and 4 Piaa's, Procomp Explorer Lights mounted on backrack, Wireless winch remote, Tints, clear cab lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, HighLift Jack, Tool box, RBP gas cover(piece of junk). Line-xed from head to toe. More straps, shackles and pulleys than I actually need.

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am

ldgregory wrote:
AceMan wrote:
ldgregory wrote:Just FYI. If you guys use the {Video} BBcode tag at the right of all the BBcode buttons, it'll correctly encapsulate to show your Youtube video.
Ahh. Gonna try that right now.

Late edit: I see you did that for me. Cool. So you meant the "Video" BB code on top of the edit screen. I saw the video and /video tags around the link. Got it. Thanks, Leif!

Data Transmission: Successful, ABEND 0x0000000. Carrier Pigeon 2.103, Platform: ENIAC, Virt Module: TRS-80 mobile @2.4k baud. Date: Today.
Yeah, I edited your post to put the right tag around it. Hope you don't mind.
Leif,

No, not at all! Matter of fact I appreciate showing me how it was done. I have a better understanding now how it works.

Only caveat, Tapatalk doesn't display tagged links. I went back and copied/pasted the links without the tags so anyone reading it using Tapatalk can see them as clickable links.
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 am

Nice pics and videos! It would have been awsome to join all of you. I'll have to catch the next trip.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:02 am

Here's pic's from Friday. Everybody is under my camper awning because of the rain. :mrgreen:
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 am

Saturday morning breakfast pic's. :mrgreen:
Attachments
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:15 am

More Saturday morning breakfast pic's. :mrgreen:
Attachments
015.JPG
016.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
019.JPG
020.JPG
021.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:22 am

Even more Saturday breakfast pic's. :shock:
Attachments
022.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
026.JPG
027.JPG
028.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 am

Great pics, Russ!

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Image Image Image

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 am

AceMan wrote:Great pics, Russ!
Thanks. :D Got more comin' in the morning. :excited: After I get some sleep. I got to figure out YouTube so I can post my videos. :geek: :oops:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 am

After taking a peak under the truck, I saw a nice gash on the Carli cover, in a spot that if there were no cover, the OEM cover would have been damaged badly, That thing is worth its weight in gold!

I had my parking and fogs on Sat morning. First puddle we went through, the driver side fog blew out and the lens cracked. So much for proving a hot lightbulb thrown into a cold pot of water still follows the law of physics. Take note - make sure lights are off for at least 15 minutes before going through any water.

I have to wash the truck yet, so more damage may show up. I need to look at the skids and see if there are any new bends, as well as under the rockers. Looking at them, they don't look bent with them still equidistant from the rocker panels. Everytime I find a few moments to look, it starts raining, and I've been busy when it stops. I'll get around to it.

My daugher likes seeing it with mud all over it. She's hinting at wanting a Jeep, possible Rubicon, yea, like I can afford it! Maybe one day she'll join us, whether with a Jeep or tagging along.

Other than that, the new DTPRofab brace worked nicely. FYI, I ordered the 09-12 brace, note the 05-08 brace, only because of the new 4G box. However, since the frames between the 4G and the 3G are different, some grinding had to be done. I talked to DT today, and they told be there is a 3/8" offset between the two, and the 3G version is for the smaller box. There is no "custom" brace for a 3G with a 4G box. So I guess telling him to go ahead and grind it to make it work was a wise choice, which DT agreed. They took note on this new scenario, but I'm not sure if they'll make a special one. They should probably just elongate the holes to fit both.

But the frame side trackbar bushing is loose again. It bangs 1/2" back and forth now. WTF. That was before the trip, so it comes back to the crap that I received the wrong bushing with the trackbar when I bought it in Aug, 2011, then was sent a good set, but had to pay $60. Not too happy about this. Trackbar bushings should not have to be replaced every 9 months.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 am

RustyPW wrote:
AceMan wrote:Great pics, Russ!
Thanks. :D Got more comin' in the morning. :excited: After I get some sleep. I got to figure out YouTube so I can post my videos. :geek: :oops:
Looking forward to them. I have some pics, too, but I concentrated on getting the vids upped first. I need sleep, too. WTF am I still doing up? :shock:

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am

I know we got way more pics and vids then that :winchmob: Common guys post them up :excited:
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:53 am

Gonna do some radical surgery on the RH grille guard. Borrowing a Mig welder good up to 1/4" from a colleague and go to work on it. I am thinking about getting an aluminum sheet and mounting it at an angle back underneath, pre-runner style, along with a stout cross tube at license plate level like Mark talked about. I'll post pics and stuff on the proper thread once I get going...I'll most likely need suggestions and help. Getting sliders fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road, as soon as the funds allow. Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up on this thread so you could be looking for it on the build-up thread in the next couple weeks. Thanks for any helpful hints! :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by pdavey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:17 pm

So one of my idler pullies started chirping this morning. Is the best place to pick them up the Stealership or can you get them from NAPA or Advance?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
2005 Dodge Power Wagon QC Black - "Laramie"
Performance Mods:
  • Comp 260 Camshaft, Upgraded Valve Springs, Forged Push Rods, JBA Shorties, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Dual Cat Exhast (Side Swept), National Speed Custom Tune
Other Mods:
  • Kenwood KVT-719 w/ Garmin Navigation and Kenwood Rear Camera, JL Stealth Sub
Suspension/Protection Mods:
  • Carli Upper "Bomb Proof" Ball Joints, NAPA Lower Ball Joints, Thuren Adj Track Bar, Thuren Adjusted Fox Damper, T-Style Steering Upgrade, New Power Steering Pump, 2012 Power Steering Motor Upgrade, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Rear Shocks -Stage 1, Thuren Off-set Control Arms, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Front Shocks -Stage 2, 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler (previous tires Cooper STT), Carli Front Dif Gard,
Style/Other Mods:
  • KC LightBar Behind Tow Hooks Mount, 2 KC Slim Driving Lights, 2 KC Offroading Lights, Weatherguard Black Steel Truck Box, Winch TPS bypass, Warn Wireless Winch Module

Powerwagonmark
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Powerwagonmark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 pm

pdavey wrote:So one of my idler pullies started chirping this morning. Is the best place to pick them up the Stealership or can you get them from NAPA or Advance?

I am in need of idler pulleys as well. It seems like the muddy water effected a quite a few PWs
2008 Dodge POWER WAGON

06powerwagon06
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 06powerwagon06 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm

pdavey wrote:So one of my idler pullies started chirping this morning. Is the best place to pick them up the Stealership or can you get them from NAPA or Advance?

Just get them from Napa or Advance. I picked some up yesterday and the steel pulleys are cheaper then the plastic for some reason. Get the steel ones for sure.
'06 Black Power Wagon, Quad Cab, Heated Leather, 4" Boss Bars nerf bars, Locker Bypass, TPS Bypass, Smoked clearance lights, Tool Box, Recovery gear, Carli Front Diff Guard, Rockcrusher Rear Diff Cover, 60" Hi Lift Jack-Mounted in Tool Box, Bed Liner'd Front & Rear Bumpers, Rockers and Grill, "T" Steering Upgrade, DT ProFab Steering Brace, Kill Switch, 2-6" Aux. Lights Behind Grill, Back Up Lights, Wheel Well Liners, 315/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Airflow Snorkel, Rock Rails fabbed by me, Borgeson Steering Shaft, etc..[/size]

Rausch Creek Spring '12

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Get the NAPA ones. I'd consider replacing the grooved tensioner pulley as well (NOT the whole tensioner; just the pulley). They may have to order the tensioner pulley though.
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Ken G. wrote:Gonna do some radical surgery on the RH grille guard. Borrowing a Mig welder good up to 1/4" from a colleague and go to work on it. I am thinking about getting an aluminum sheet and mounting it at an angle back underneath, pre-runner style, along with a stout cross tube at license plate level like Mark talked about. I'll post pics and stuff on the proper thread once I get going...I'll most likely need suggestions and help. Getting sliders fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road, as soon as the funds allow. Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up on this thread so you could be looking for it on the build-up thread in the next couple weeks. Thanks for any helpful hints! :)
I think it will look great! Post pics of the mods and finished product, please.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Bill85

Post by Bill85 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Had a great time Saturday meeting everyone and wheelin. Looking forward for the net trip out.

Hey Rusty I know you got some pics of me climbing the rock wall. Could you post them up when you get a chance?
2008 POWER WAGON 6 speed, Diablosport Trinity 93 oct. tune, BDS long arm, 6 inch Thuren coil springs, Thuren shackles, 17x9 MT Classic Lock Black, 37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grappler, Fox 2.0 shocks, Dynamax race bullet dumped under bed, Brute force air intake with TB spacer, Carli front diff guard, Carli low mount steering stabilizer, Carli ball joints, DT Profab steering brace, Dynatrac free spin hubs, 87mm throttle body

2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Bill85 wrote:Had a great time Saturday meeting everyone and wheelin. Looking forward for the net trip out.

Hey Rusty I know you got some pics of me climbing the rock wall. Could you post them up when you get a chance?
These ones? :lol:
Attachments
122.JPG
123.JPG
124.JPG
125.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

Bill85

Post by Bill85 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks Rusty.

That wall looks alot smaller in pictures.
2008 POWER WAGON 6 speed, Diablosport Trinity 93 oct. tune, BDS long arm, 6 inch Thuren coil springs, Thuren shackles, 17x9 MT Classic Lock Black, 37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grappler, Fox 2.0 shocks, Dynamax race bullet dumped under bed, Brute force air intake with TB spacer, Carli front diff guard, Carli low mount steering stabilizer, Carli ball joints, DT Profab steering brace, Dynatrac free spin hubs, 87mm throttle body

2016 Aprilia RSV4 RR

ldgregory
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ldgregory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Bill85 wrote:Thanks Rusty.

That wall looks alot smaller in pictures.
They always do. I hate that.
2005 Dodge Power Wagon #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Pic's of Saturday at Rausch Creek. :D
Attachments
029.JPG
030.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
033.JPG
034.JPG
035.JPG
036.JPG
037.JPG
038.JPG
039.JPG
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ