Abel Components Appreciation Post

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
thedriver21
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Abel Components Appreciation Post

Post by thedriver21 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Wanted to post an appreciation post for Abel Components (David) on here as Retired BLM Rig. He has done a lot of work for the wagon community and has taken a lot of his personal time from his retirement to help perfect these trucks to the best of his ability. R&D can be extremely difficult and the fixes he comes up with are very streamlined with some of the best wiring I’ve seen. His instructions are amazing and his use of easy to find off the shelf parts is outstanding. Also his customer service is bar-none. So thank you David for working hard and making these trucks even more enjoyable for the rest of us. I appreciate your work and I’m sure everyone else does as well.
2016 PW Laramie-Flame Red

2013 PW Tradesman-Copperhead Pearl RIP

Mule007
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Abel Components Appreciation Post

Post by Mule007 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Retired BLM, X2 ! Thank you for your hard work and products ! You are much appreciated!
:patriot:2005 Mineral Grey; QC- #0666: "Laramie", power heated Leather seats, tow mirrors, dual zones, Alpine 9 speaker surround sound, steering wheel cruise control, music & volume controls; remote start, 6 CD player, AC; dark charcoal silver interior.
Additions: Frame mounted .188 DOM 3" steel rock rails, low profile steps;1.5” Skyjacker leveling kit; Bully Dog GT Platinum A-pillar mount programmable performance chip, monitor,& tuner; Linex Platinum OTR HD bed & rock panel coating; Red Ryder matching cab high fiberglass canopy; 2” Linex brush guard w/4-4” Halogen off road lights; Hopkins Trailer Mate brake controller; Bearcat Pro 68XL CB; Mopar black fender flares; PW winch accessory kit/remote control.
Tools: hand tools, 60” Extreme High Lift; rigging; straps; shackles; F&R chains; (2ea) rear wheel well NATO 20 L narrow gas cans & 5# extinguishers
Updates: Jasper Remfgr’d 5.7 Hemi Engine; Open Range AT 35x12.5 x17 MP3 10 ply E tires; Moog HD U/L front axle ball joints & wheel bearings; new link, sway, y bar & bushing assemblies; fuel pump; A/C exhaust fan & compressor;1 ton HEMI transmission cooler; OEM radiator; front pinion seal & bearing; Denso 180-amp alternator; Megatron 850 CCA HD battery; water pump, serpentine belt, Bilstein 2 5100 shocks/HD steering damper; F&R locker motors,sensors/u joints; 3" Magna flow cat back rear exit dual exhausts; Performance Brake/slotted rotor/caliper/pads

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm there with you man. I installed his locker bypass on my 4th gen 2013 wagon. It is so awesome that you can turn you're lockers on and off and do exactly that immediately and whatever drive your in. Dave was great to deal with. Very responsive. The kit went in really easy. Hardest part was getting the stock axle end connectors disconnected on a 2013 that had road crap and coatings of black Rust-Oleum on the connector, but that's not Dave's issue. I had this installed in about 1 hour time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by PWJouster » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:25 am

Im glad im not the only one who was able to support this guy!
What incredible products he has produced, and ive been apart of a myriad of car groups.
Audi, Hellcat, Jeep, Bimmer... Some pretty nifty people in those groups but nothing compares to what we have here with RBLM.

I was actually so intrigued by what Retired BLM has done and was going to do with the 4th gen that I threw some cash at him to jumpstart some of that R&D and he stood by his word.
I now have the locker bypass, nanny kill switch, and the swaybar release...all OEM quality components.
Im pretty sure he must be an engineer at Dodge to have figured out what we need.

Thank you David for truly completing what Dodge/FCA didnt finish.
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

machete-lc
Model Year: 2015

Post by machete-lc » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:56 am

I have the Nanny Kill Switch, Sway-bar Disconnect, and the Locker Bypass. All work flawlessly and my install went without a hitch. Great work David! In my dealings with him he was incredibly responsive and is a model for vendors.

MLC
2015 Tradesman. 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, White Knuckle Sliders/Steps, Abel Components Nanny Delete, Locker Bypass, Swaybar Bypass, Dethloff Skid Plate, Snug Top Rebel Topper, Decked Bed Storage, front and rear Thuren Trackbars, Fox ATS-Steering Stabilizer, Thuren .5 inch coils, Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

Hbpwagon
Model Year: 2015

Post by Hbpwagon » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 pm

Agreed. Incredible workmanship and knowledge.

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Well I wasn't expecting to see this thread when I logged in this morning! :shock:
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words and entrusting me with the privilege of providing these mods for your trucks. My hats off to all of you that have had the courage to order something from a complete stranger on the internet - who doesn't even have a website.

Credit also needs to be given to Morgan Young for creating the Locker Bypass and providing the foundation that I have been able to improve on to include the 3rd Gens. I try to build each component with the same quality that I would want if I was going to be installing it on my own truck. I've even been able to install a couple of units for customers here in SoCal, giving me real world experience for knowing what it's like to install everything on a 4th Gen. and the opportunity to see where there might be room for improvement.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence, I'll try to do my best to continue to earn your trust. :patriot:

And just to clear up a little misconception about myself... I'm not retired from the BLM, my truck is. I still have a day job.

thedriver21
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by thedriver21 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm

And just to clear up a little misconception about myself... I'm not retired from the BLM, my truck is. I still have a day job.
I've been lied to :doh: :lol:
2016 PW Laramie-Flame Red

2013 PW Tradesman-Copperhead Pearl RIP

KevinABQ
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by KevinABQ » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Oh my god, we've been dealing with a fed! ;)
2018 White Rambox, Diamondback HD bed cover, White Knuckle sliders, Carli and Purple Cranium diff guards, masterpull 11mm superline, 37 Toyo MT.

SimonandSimonBeast
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by SimonandSimonBeast » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:58 pm

His truck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

:rockon: :chug:

Idaho RC
Model Year: 2017

Post by Idaho RC » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:30 pm

I too really appreciate the effort it took to make these kits and the very high quality they are built to.

I have the Locker Bypass, Nanny Kill Switch and the Swaybar Disconnect. They were installed in that order.

I never could get the lockers to engage as I thought they should and with the Abel kit they work as they should have worked from the factory. I installed the Nanny Kill Switch primarily to disable the ABS as the trucks primary use is in the dirt. ABS is SCARY on a dirt road! And more recently the Swaybar Disconnect really helps with smooth out the washboard roads.

I am very happy with all of the additions to my Power Wagon.