Does your sunroof leak?

If it's about Power Wagons, all generations, this is where it'll go. This is the original PWR Forum Power Wagon Technical Discussion Section. And this includes everything that doesn’t fit in any one of the other categories related to the truck goes here!
Horseplay
Model Year: 2014

Does your sunroof leak?

Post by Horseplay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:00 pm

I have a 2015 Wagon. At 60k I started to notice water coming in, at 70k there’s so much water you’d think I left a window open.

Am I the only one? I’ve tried some repairs I found on YouTube but nothing seems to cure it. Should I bring it to the dealer or am I wasting my money?
Only driven to church on Sundays.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Does your sunroof leak?

Post by RustyPW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 am

I had to replace the gaskets under my cab lights and seal them better. That's where I was getting water in at.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2019

Post by waldo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

Plugged drain lines?

Can't help other than that. I don't buy vehicles with sunroofs.
2007 and 2019 Power Wagons

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:15 am

Never seen a single drip from mine.

Wheres the water showing up in the cab at?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:56 pm

I've got a small drip in a clearance light.
But yeah, that's one of many reasons I don't want a sunroof.

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Mule wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:56 pm
I've got a small drip in a clearance light.
But yeah, that's one of many reasons I don't want a sunroof.
No leaks here...
I'd pay more to get a vehicle without a sun roof :thppt:
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:47 pm

So, I ordered this truck from the factory and ordered it w/out clearance lights. It showed up on the transport truck and I signed papers while it was being prepped. From that day I drove it home, it has always had a subtle shake to it. The tailgate does not sit level and I suspected it had been tied down too tight on the train or the transport truck. The dealer cannot remedy the shaking and so I took it to arbitration were it was said that "the customer was just not used to a lifted truck". Some nice older folks took it for a ride and agreed that lifted trucks shake. I lost.

Now, this leak... The leak started dripping from the passenger A pillar, then the driver's side and passenger side A pillar - together. I've got water on my center console and more in both floor pans. I love this truck but I'm ready to trade it. I said "trade it" because I haven't got the heart to dump it on another enthusiast and ruin them too.

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by waldo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Horseplay wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:47 pm
So, I ordered this truck from the factory and ordered it w/out clearance lights. It showed up on the transport truck and I signed papers while it was being prepped. From that day I drove it home, it has always had a subtle shake to it. The tailgate does not sit level and I suspected it had been tied down too tight on the train or the transport truck. The dealer cannot remedy the shaking and so I took it to arbitration were it was said that "the customer was just not used to a lifted truck". Some nice older folks took it for a ride and agreed that lifted trucks shake. I lost.

Now, this leak... The leak started dripping from the passenger A pillar, then the driver's side and passenger side A pillar - together. I've got water on my center console and more in both floor pans. I love this truck but I'm ready to trade it. I said "trade it" because I haven't got the heart to dump it on another enthusiast and ruin them too.
Leaks in the A pillars is a drain/clogged/damaged line issue. Did you clean the lines all the way to the underside of the truck? It's just something that happens with sunroofs. The lines can clog pretty easily.

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 am

I suppose I can not say I’ve cleaned the lines to the bottom of the truck. They seem clear but I guess ensuring they are couldn’t hurt. Thank you.

waldo
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by waldo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 am

Horseplay wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 am
I suppose I can not say I’ve cleaned the lines to the bottom of the truck. They seem clear but I guess ensuring they are couldn’t hurt. Thank you.
Sunroof issues cross all platforms/brands. They really can be a PITA in any vehicle.

You may have to pull the A pillar covers and have someone pour water down the drains. It could just be a damaged seal or something with the mechanism itself not letting it close properly.

As for your vibration issue, that can also take some detective work. Could be tire/wheel/balance, something in the driveline like the driveshaft/ u-joints. Could be the MDS you're feeling if you have that. (They put active dampers and different motor mounts on the 19s)

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks Waldo, we’ve explored all of that before arbitration. I was actually at peace with the wild vibration and the weird tailgate issue... but the water in the cab pushed me over the edge.

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 pm

Man I’ve never noticed my tailgate rattling or anything and there’s definitely room for movement - lots of cracked spot welds around it. You could use some gasketing foam to fill the gap and quiet it down.

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:28 am

Mine only leaked once....I left it vented going into a car wash. The clearance lights are apparently a problem. I had mine in for an a free oil change once and they replaced them all under warranty with out telling me, was on invoice....So something to that.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

Horseplay

Post by Horseplay » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 pm
Man I’ve never noticed my tailgate rattling or anything and there’s definitely room for movement - lots of cracked spot welds around it. You could use some gasketing foam to fill the gap and quiet it down.
It’s not the gate that’s bent, it’s the truck (I think). I noticed from day 2 that one of the cables was taunt and the other was loose. Essentially one cable holding the weight of the entire tailgate.

The dealer let me swap cables with another truck on their lot. So I took them from a truck which had equally disturbed weight on each cable and transferred them to mine... same effect.

In their defense, about 50% of the trucks had a loose cable.

Extrapale

Post by Extrapale » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:54 pm

I have had my cab lights and cargo light replaced under warranty. Both were supposedly an improved design.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:57 pm

My cab lights were replaced with out me even asking on a recall visit. Sun Roof leaked in a car wash once.....Ok, so I might have left it open on vent. Really, surprised it did not leak more honestly. :oops:
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

JRHPWRWAGON06
Model Year: 2006

Post by JRHPWRWAGON06 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:51 pm

This is why I never buy a vehicle with a sun/moon roof. It usually hurts your theft insurance rate too.
2006 White Power Wagon QuadCab
OPTIONS-
545RFE, NAV Sys. w/ 6-CD Sat. Radio, Light Group, Rear Sliding Window,
Heated Tow Mirrors, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel,
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls, Power Adjustable pedals.
MODS-
Lifetime Sirius SAT Radio, 33X12.5R17 Firestone M/T2's on Original Power Wagon wheels,
Line-X bedliner, Mopar Rock Rails w/CARR side steps, Gibson Dual Exhaust,
Dynatrac manual locking hub conversion w/DynaLoc hubs.
Abel Locker+SmartBar Bypass, Deflecta-Shield 60" Low Profile Toolbox,
Mopar: Winch Accy Kit, Wheel well liners, Mudflaps, Engine block heater, spare tire winch lock, alarm system.