Airbags

HeavyDuty
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Airbags

Post by HeavyDuty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 pm

I have seen countless threads on this forum since I joined about air bags. . I have been hauling lots of firewood with my 18 wagon this year. And let me tell you. It’s goddamn scary. The back end is either right on the rubbers or it wiggles back and forth at highway speeds in the back end. Makes you think your gonna crash. What is the consensus and choice on bags. And of course Thuren cradles ? Thanks for the help. I tried search but too many diff threads.
ONE SHOT, ONE KILL, NO EXCEPTIONS
“ROCKY MOUNTAIN” TESTED

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Airbags

Post by olyelr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:54 pm

I did the airlift bags and daystar cradles, as have countless others. Lots of good feedback on this setup. I would look into Thurens rear trackbar setup... I think you would benefit from that.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4732
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 pm

What he said. The wiggle is the rear trackbar and its shitty angle. Fix that with Thuren Rear trackbar. The squat is Airlift 5000 Ultimates with Daystar cradles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

trailerpup
Model Year: 2018

Post by trailerpup » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:16 pm

New PW owner here. I installed the same bags/cradles and and used the thread that @olyelr posted. Saved me lots of time overall and there is good information about not having to use the spacer. The only semi-sketchy part might be threading the bump stop pad (luckily I have experience using taps from my job). I splurged for the stainless airlines and ran them through the inside of the frame. Also, used the two existing holes under the tailgate which were perfect for the valve stems. I used the airbags to haul a 1050lb FourWheel Camper 900 miles through the mountains of Wyoming and Colorado and they were worth their weight in gold. Once you have them installed and start putting air in them with a load you will see what I mean.

I have the Thuren track bar sitting here new in the box. I haven't been able to bring myself to drill out the stock track bar mount... yet.

Oilbrnr
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Oilbrnr » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Put the new bar in. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
'16 with '17 FWC