Does the Sway Bar Disconnect ever work?

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Does the Sway Bar Disconnect ever work?

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

PWJouster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 am
Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am

Standalone, electric sway bar disconnect with the flip of a switch. Currently testing the prototype on my truck. It will work on any SmartBar, PW or Jeep. Does not use the factory switch, OEM module will have to be secured to the frame, crossmember or engine compartment to retain locker function and eliminate trouble codes. Working out the details. Anybody know a good patent attorney? :patriot:
cant wait to see how you accomplish this.

My question is the motor/servo you will use to accomplish this, and if off camber engagement or disengagement will create stress on the actuator as its working against the load on the pin.
With the Air, its a solenoid that opens and closes, and the swaybar module itself is not powered.

Powerwagon crew could not be any more lucky with a team member like you

:notworthy: :lockedandloaded:
The servo is spring loaded, so if the sway bar is in a bind when actuated the servo cycles and holds pressure on the disconnect mechanism until the first opportunity of free movement. The servo also has an indicator light circuit to confirm the servo has cycled.
Last edited by Retired BLM Rig on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
PWJouster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 am
Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am

Standalone, electric sway bar disconnect with the flip of a switch. Currently testing the prototype on my truck. It will work on any SmartBar, PW or Jeep. Does not use the factory switch, OEM module will have to be secured to the frame, crossmember or engine compartment to retain locker function and eliminate trouble codes. Working out the details. Anybody know a good patent attorney? :patriot:
cant wait to see how you accomplish this.

My question is the motor/servo you will use to accomplish this, and if off camber engagement or disengagement will create stress on the actuator as its working against the load on the pin.
With the Air, its a solenoid that opens and closes, and the swaybar module itself is not powered.

Powerwagon crew could not be any more lucky with a team member like you

:notworthy: :lockedandloaded:
The servo is spring loaded, so if the sway bar is in a bind when actuated the servo cycles and holds pressure on the disconnect mechanism until the first opportunity of free movement. The servo also has an indicator light circuit to confirm disconnect has occurred.
Sounds like a winner to me!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by PWJouster » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:10 am

Retired BLM Rig wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

The servo is spring loaded, so if the sway bar is in a bind when actuated the servo cycles and holds pressure on the disconnect mechanism until the first opportunity of free movement. The servo also has an indicator light circuit to confirm disconnect has occurred.
sounds like ill need to find another use for my air line..
The indicator light would be a Huge bonus.
With the air, I have no confirmation other then a quick body roll test or the sound and slight clunk of the disengagement and engagement.
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

Oilbrnr
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Oilbrnr » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Not having studied the actuator much prior to this thread, is there an opportunity with this new mechanism bracket BLM, to provide a secure mount point for the OEM actuator vs. zip-tieing to crossmember?

Just an off the cuff spit-balling thought.
'16 with '17 FWC

Oilbrnr
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Oilbrnr » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 pm

I think that qualifies me for a substantial discount on the beta release. :lol:
'16 with '17 FWC

FordyceCreekTrail
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by FordyceCreekTrail » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 pm

It was mud in the connector this time. I really think Ram needs a new connector supplier.
2018 Flame Red, Moon Roof, Dual Alternators, Ram Boxes sadly Ram ran out of, Luxo Package with 8.4 UConnect, Enter and Go with remote start, Auto Wipers and Lights. Added missing skids and White Knuckle sliders. 35" BFG KM3s. Procal and Warn wireless remote for winch.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:31 pm

FordyceCreekTrail wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 pm
It was mud in the connector this time. I really think Ram needs a new connector supplier.
You have to pack the plug with di-electrical grease to keep this from happening.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded: