Accessory Fuse Block Recommendations

Discussions including Electrical / Lighting & Accessories / Onboard Air
EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Accessory Fuse Block Recommendations

Post by EasyDoesIt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:37 pm

The only accessory I currently have wired is my onboard air and although its done safely and correctly, its not a clean install. What fuse blocks and products are you guys using for nice weatherproof accessory wiring?

Future Accessories might include, locker bypass, nanny bypass, f/r pod lights, OBA manifold for sway bar disconnect, CB Radio, larger inverter, and so on.

-Weatherproof Fuse Blocks (something that could handle some high draw accessories like aircompressors)
-Bus Bars (??)
-Switches

Also any pictures of where y'all are mounting these under the hood or elsewhere?

I've looked at the Blue Sea fuse blocks as they seem like the standard but theyre are several options and i'm kinda a newb when it comes to wiring.
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Re: Accessory Fuse Block Recommendations

Post by PWJouster » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

if you plan to read alot and learn about wiring, including the time it can take, the bluesea products and DIY relay and bus bars are very common and can be high quality setups. Contura switches rock.
you can read on 1000s of setups and how tos on many different forums as its always a 12v system with a battery.

otherwise
Spod and switch pros are the go to for high spending, easy to install and modify, plug and play more or less.

again, you can read and read about these everywhere.

spod is compact, no relay, all in one package.
if this is a truck for the long term, i highly recommend looking at the Spod Bantam
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm running a 4th Gen Electronics OEM Aux switch retrofit. I cut off the 1/4" spade terminals and crimped on WeatherPack connectors. The relay block uses up to 30A fuses, I have 15A loaded for LED lights. Downstream fuses are predicated by the accessory and mounted inline. I'm currently only running lights but I built the harnesses using the supplied BD wiring and kept their 15A inline assembly. The system will go up to 30A, if I need more amperage I would run a larger relay directly off the batter and trigger the ground on the second relay.

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by EasyDoesIt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm
I'm running a 4th Gen Electronics OEM Aux switch retrofit. I cut off the 1/4" spade terminals and crimped on WeatherPack connectors. The relay block uses up to 30A fuses, I have 15A loaded for LED lights. Downstream fuses are predicated by the accessory and mounted inline. I'm currently only running lights but I built the harnesses using the supplied BD wiring and kept their 15A inline assembly. The system will go up to 30A, if I need more amperage I would run a larger relay directly off the batter and trigger the ground on the second relay.
THAT is a sweet setup (http://www.4thgenramelectronics.com) and definitely the route I'm going as long as it can support my air compressor.

PWJouster, those SPods are pretty sweet but damn thats a lot of $$ and I'm not sure where I would mount it.
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by PWJouster » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm

holy crap that is awesome. but limited in nature
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 pm

PWJouster wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm
holy crap that is awesome. but limited in nature
It's nowhere near as flexible as an SPOD or SwitchPro that is for sure. However, it looks OEM (because it is) and is integrated into the EVIC. I have three rocker switch locations above the e-brake release that have my charge relay control, ABS disconnect, and a dummy plate. My fogs are run off the OE switch. That leaves me five programmable OEM switches to run lights and whatever else.