Thuren King 2.0 IFP shocks for sale

Buy / Sell / Trade - Got something to get rid of, or are looking for something specific?
IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Thuren King 2.0 IFP shocks for sale

Post by IIIOIISTER » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Upgrading to some King 2.5 shocks from Carli and want to get rid of my current King 2.0 shocks (6 weeks old) for $700 or best offer. I live in San Diego and would prefer local pick up. Shoot me a message if you are interested. Thank you.
'17 Power Wagon
35" Yokohama Geolander G003
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

joeschmidt
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: Thuren King 2.0 IFP shocks for sale

Post by joeschmidt » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Maybe an odd question... but, you have everything else from Thuren, why not get the 2.5’s from thuren?

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am

joeschmidt wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm
Maybe an odd question... but, you have everything else from Thuren, why not get the 2.5’s from thuren?
1) I've given this some thought; since I live less than two hours away from Carli Suspensions, it'll be convenient for me to drop off the shocks when service is due, as opposed to spending a few hundred bucks on shipping and rebuilding with Thuren shocks.

2) Taking a cross country road trip from west to east coast in a few weeks. Can't wait 4-6 weeks for Don and his crew to build the shocks.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

joeschmidt
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by joeschmidt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 am

IIIOIISTER wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am
joeschmidt wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm
1) I've given this some thought; since I live less than two hours away from Carli Suspensions, it'll be convenient for me to drop off the shocks when service is due, as opposed to spending a few hundred bucks on shipping and rebuilding with Thuren shocks.

2) Taking a cross country road trip from west to east coast in a few weeks. Can't wait 4-6 weeks for Don and his crew to build the shocks.

Completely understand

How do you like the 2.5’s? Saving up myself to make that plunge.

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 am

Installed them last night and took it on the highway. Now the truck stays leveled when going over bumps and patches of uneven pavement as if it is floating. That leveled feeling when going over those bumps was something that the King 2.0 never provided. The 2.0 merely felt like you’re on a bouncy water bed. As predicted, 2.5a are pretty damn stiff when traveling over bumps at low speed (parking lot/neighborhood).
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:05 am

The 2.5's will break in and get softer. The initial miles on them will feel quite sporty, they get smoother when the valve shims polish out.

HammerTime
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by HammerTime » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:31 am

IIIOIISTER wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 am
Installed them last night and took it on the highway. Now the truck stays leveled when going over bumps and patches of uneven pavement as if it is floating. That leveled feeling when going over those bumps was something that the King 2.0 never provided. The 2.0 merely felt like you’re on a bouncy water bed. As predicted, 2.5a are pretty damn stiff when traveling over bumps at low speed (parking lot/neighborhood).
What other hardware do you have installed to run the 2.0/2.5 shocks? Would I need other components to run them?
Also, how are the 2.0 Kings better than stock if they were not good enough? Just curious, I might be interested in them if they provide a major improvement over stock.

I'm in Lakeside BTW.
2017 White/Black Power Wagon

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 am

DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:05 am
The 2.5's will break in and get softer. The initial miles on them will feel quite sporty, they get smoother when the valve shims polish out.
Amen to that, they definitely feel stiffer than the 2.0.

The King 2.0 is a noticeable upgrade from stock; softer and obsorb low and higher speed bumps a lot better than stock.

On the flip side, you’ll need a rear track bar drop or kit to eliminate the side to side bobbing. Installing Thuren’s track bar kit was trickier than installing the shocks and coils combined...

If you’re thinking about the 2.0 i’d recommend you get the soft coils as well as a rear track bar replacement.

I’ll have to switch to the Carli front 3” coils and possible front track bar in the future since Carli shocks’ bodies are longer than that of Thuren’s.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

DamageWagon
Vendor
Vendor
Model Year: 2011

Post by DamageWagon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Carlis shock bodies being longer should change nothing unless Carli also gives you bump stop drops. I couldn't imagine the shocks having more travel than the coils. The coil is not the limiting factor. Also the power wagon trackbar is the same length as the Carli/Thuren bars at max safe adjustment so you won't be correcting any geometry with a trackbar. It might be a good upgrade for the better bushings. I've always leaned towards Thuren on trackbar s since both of their bearings wear out but it costs $10 for Thuren bushings that are way easier to change out than the more expensive Carli bushings that are more difficult to change. Now if the spring rates are notably different between Carli and Thurens springs though, and you're running Carlis shocks, you would then want to swap to Carli springs. That's worth talking with Radio @ Carli about.

IIIOIISTER
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by IIIOIISTER » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

DamageWagon wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm
Carlis shock bodies being longer should change nothing unless Carli also gives you bump stop drops. I couldn't imagine the shocks having more travel than the coils. The coil is not the limiting factor. Also the power wagon trackbar is the same length as the Carli/Thuren bars at max safe adjustment so you won't be correcting any geometry with a trackbar. It might be a good upgrade for the better bushings. I've always leaned towards Thuren on trackbar s since both of their bearings wear out but it costs $10 for Thuren bushings that are way easier to change out than the more expensive Carli bushings that are more difficult to change. Now if the spring rates are notably different between Carli and Thurens springs though, and you're running Carlis shocks, you would then want to swap to Carli springs. That's worth talking with Radio @ Carli about.
Solid info, didn't know that stock wagon track bar is that long. I agree on the piece about the spring rates, and either way I'll most likely get the 3" front coils from Carli just to level out the front.
'17 Power Wagon
Carli
-King 2.5 Pintop
-3” coils
-Front diff cover
Thuren
-Rear track bar
-Rear sway bar links
-King steering damper

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Don’t mix and match shocks and springs from Carli and Thuren. They have very different valving profiles and spring rates. Totally different tuning philosophy between the two companies.

Thuren springs are wound to give you a specific ride height and he lets the shocks do the rest.

Carli springs give ride height AND participate in bottoming resistance duties.

If you run Carli springs with Thuren shocks valved for Thuren coils the ride will be harsh and choppy relatively speaking.

If you run Thuren springs with Carli shocks you’ll bottom out harshly if you push the truck, and you’ll likely screw up or break something.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol