Hey guys, I plan on starting a small business, basically out of my garage. Nothing big to start and I don't think it will become big (at least for a while) but since we've just moved to Oregon and I'll be working for a bit I want to get things off the ground so I can have the business income when I go back to school.
The business will be centered around products for the Ram platform. I'm not so interested in custom fab work (if it's money I'll probably do it though) but more interested in being an OEM manufacturer. There are enough good companies out there handling suspension and other common parts, and competing with them doesn't make sense. The things I plan to produce will be different from what is out there. More to come on that later.
Anyhow, I need to get a few pieces of equipment to start and wonder if anyone here has these for sale?
- MIG welder. Preferably along the lines of a Miller 252 or Hobart 230, but if you've got a good deal I can start with a GOOD compact like a Miller 211 or similar.
- Welding cylinder. Gas will depend on what welder I get, if it can do spray arc or not. Either way I need a tank.
- Tubing Bender. I'm specifically looking at the JD2 Model 32 and tagging on a SWAG Offroad hydraulics clamp and harbor freight ram.
- Tube Bender dies. I need 1.5, 1.75 and 2" dies. 2.5" die would be nice as well.
- Tube Notcher. I'm thinking of the JD2 NotchMaster
I'm open to offers. I would prefer to buy used to save on cost since I'm dumping so much money into this off the bat. If I can't get things used then I'm open to hookups and deals as well. Anything helps!
Buy / Sell / Trade - Got something to get rid of, or are looking for something specific?
1 post • Page 1 of 1