NO LONGER AVAILABLE: 3rd - Early 4th Gen Faux Low Locker Bypass

Whatever you post here will be checked by a moderator before it goes public.
Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

NO LONGER AVAILABLE: 3rd - Early 4th Gen Faux Low Locker Bypass

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Wed May 31, 2017 12:37 am

THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A LOCKER BYPASS, CLICK HERE.

I had some extra supplies left over after building a plug and play locker bypass for my truck. This is a resistor and toggle switch type setup and does not require cutting or splicing any factory wires. If your truck has the New Process #271 transfer case, this will work. Fits 2005 - early 2012 PW. I'll include the toggle switch, unless you'd rather find your own to match other switches in your truck. It would need to be a single pole double throw (SPDT) "On-On" switch (no center off position). Asking $75 check or PayPal. It will come with instructions and I'll pay the shipping. NOTE: This will not fix a faulty locker problem on your truck, it just gives you more options as to when you can use your lockers. Note: This will not work if your truck has a Borg Warner transfer case.
IMG_1022.jpg
Last edited by Retired BLM Rig on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: For Sale: 3rd - Early 4th Gen Locker Bypass

Post by cruz » Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 am

PM sent , I'll take it.
2005 Power Wagon

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: For Sale: 3rd - Early 4th Gen Faux Low Locker Bypass

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:04 am

I have another faux low locker bypass available for sale. This is the unit that I built to experiment with on Olyelr's truck. After determining that it doesn't play well with the CAD front axle on 14+ trucks, I reconfigured it for use on the 3rd gen and early 4th gen trucks. If your truck has the New Process #271 transfer case used from 2005 thru early 2012 this will work for you. This one is set up with wireless controls to use either the included key fob or you can program one of your Homelink buttons to turn it on and off, so you don't need to think about where to mount a switch or run wires into the cab.

It's easy to install: One wire in the fuse box, one wire to ground and two plug-ins at the transfer case. Comes complete with illustrated instructions. It's completely plug and play, no cutting or splicing of wires required. Lots of 3rd gen guys on this forum have the toggle switch version of this bypass installed on their trucks, including me. This is the only style locker bypass that was ever offered for the 3rd gen. It allows you to disconnect your sway bar at anytime under 18 MPH and lock your lockers in any transfer case position (2WD, 4HI, 4LO).

I'm asking $140 for this one because it's the wireless Homelink version and I just want to recoup my expenses for parts and supplies. I'll cover the shipping cost as well. Check, money order or PayPal accepted. FYI: There is someone else on the web selling the toggle switch version of this bypass for $200.

NOTE: This will not fix a faulty locker problem on your truck, it just gives you more options as to when you can use your lockers. Note: This will not work if your truck has a Borg Warner transfer case.

IMG_0926.JPG
This picture was taken before being reconfigured. The fuse is different and the resistor is embedded in the harness to protect it from the elements.

PWJouster
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by PWJouster » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 am

i would take that setup on a sway bar disconnect for double that price.

really wish this setup would work on a 2018, but this should sell quick!
2018 Powerwagon-6.4 Hemi
Nanny kill switch and Locker Bypasses
Thuren Tuned King 3.0 & 2.5 Pintop Stage 3/2
17 Method NV-Toyo RT 37
Evo On-Demand Air Swaybar Disconnect
S&B Intake-Mufflex-Magnaflow/resonator delete
SPOD Bantam
On-Board air ARB CKMTA12
Baja design and Rigid Industries
Purple Cranium Spider dif guards
Pedal Commander

Jrlinne

Post by Jrlinne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi I’m really new to all of this. As I understand this tricks your transfer case into thinking it’s in 4 low? If so does it change into 4 low mapping for the engine? Sorry if that’s worded wrong but I am very interested.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

For Sale: 3rd - Early 4th Gen Faux Low Locker Bypass

Post by Low_Sky » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Jrlinne wrote:Hi I’m really new to all of this. As I understand this tricks your transfer case into thinking it’s in 4 low? If so does it change into 4 low mapping for the engine? Sorry if that’s worded wrong but I am very interested.
It tricks the truck into thinking that the T-case is in 4LO, permitting the things you are allowed to do in 4LO while you are in fact in a different T-case gear. You get lockers, swaybar, and 4LO engine mapping in 2HI, 4HI or 4LO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

Retired BLM Rig
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Retired BLM Rig » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Low_Sky wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm
Jrlinne wrote:Hi I’m really new to all of this. As I understand this tricks your transfer case into thinking it’s in 4 low? If so does it change into 4 low mapping for the engine? Sorry if that’s worded wrong but I am very interested.
It tricks the truck into thinking that the T-case is in 4LO, permitting the things you are allowed to do in 4LO while you are in fact in a different T-case gear. You get lockers, swaybar, and 4LO engine mapping in 2HI, 4HI or 4LO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
☝️What he said.☝️